Do you bring water bottles or Gatorade into the parks?

We do not take water or snacks into the parks. When we need water we go to the nearest cs and get some for free. We do the dining plan so between two meals and a snack which we dont usually get anyway no one is hungry nor wants anything. My kids dont eat or drink all day at home or on vacation.

DH & I bring refillable water bottles. We fill them up at the food court in the morning with filtered water from the self serve soda machine. We will then refill them in the parks on warm days by either asking for a cup of ice water or refilling it with filtered water at a QS self serve soda machine. I don't like the water from the fountains or those little flavor packets so this works great for us.

No, we don't carry water bottles from home around with us.

We buy it as needed in the park.

We stuffed our soft side cooler with as many drinks as it would hold, and stashed it in lockers. MK was the only park where this ended up being an inconvenience for us.

I don't get this whole schlepping if food or drinks into the park.
We all pay thousands of dollars to go to Disney and than we need to be cheap and schlep tons of food on youre back????

For my family, cutting corners was the only way we could afford Disney. :thumbsup2

We brought Brita Filter bottles last time and they worked great. Any of the other carbon filter bottles should also work.

We bring an insulated back pack cooler in with about 6-8 water bottles in ice. We use the crystal lights to flavor them. It really only weighs a few pounds so it's not that much of an inconvenience and it's so nice having an icy cold peach tea at your fingertips when the sun is beating down. We only usually carry for the day time hours. When we return in the evening, we don't bring it with.

Because some of us don't spend thousands on each trip.... On years we have APs, it is not uncommon for us to spend less than $500 per trip outside of the cost of our APs.

I also think its ridiculous to pay $1.49 per apple when I can get them for $.30/each at Walmart

But don't you understand that the apple's at Disney are magic. :yay: TDBIASWS.:thumbsup2

I'll load up the stroller or diaper bag with at least 3 bottles of water everytime we leave the room; 1 cold; 2 frozen. We stay in DVC so we have a refrig/freezer.

We do end up buying some in the parks, but it least it cuts it down. DH also buy soda in the parks. I should start getting him to buy that for the room too...but I hate to encourage his soda consumption.

Yes! We always bring water bottles into the parks with us, especially in the summer. We rent a car and go to Publix for water, beer, wine, food to keep in the room. There is no way I would go to WDW without renting a car, but that is a different discussion.

No.
We just buy what we need in the park or better we have the dining plan and have more than enough snack points. We left with more than 70 snack points unused.
I don't get this whole schlepping if food or drinks into the park.
We all pay thousands of dollars to go to Disney and than we need to be cheap and schlep tons of food on youre back????

If you have 70 snack credits left after a trip, maybe you should rethink getting the plan. That is a lot just to throw away.

Yes we went in September and it was very hot. Each child brought their Funtainer Thermos and we filled them throughout the day with free ice water from CS.

I choose not buy something that is offered for free, but that's just me. I understand the convenience of just buying bottled water as needed, but for me I'd rather save that money and put it towards treats or souvenirs.

http://www.amazon.com/Design-Quencher-Vapur-Anti-Bottle-Splash/dp/B0090OI83S

Anti-bottles! They make them in slightly less fun designs for the grown ups, too.

Very convenient, don't weigh much empty and can be stuffed anywhere.

My objection to buying water in the parks is the waste. I don't buy individual bottled waters. It's lousy for the environment. Not that flying to Disney World is good for it, but it's the little things :lmao:

Just don't refill your water bottles at a MK water fountain. Blech! :eek:

On the flip side, the fountain in Haramba (sp?) in AK by the restrooms is no only palatable, but very cold as well :thumbsup2

Oh, and we are really enjoying the little mio squeeze bottles - DW gets lots of coupons for them :)

No reason to buy and throw away more plastic, when you can shlep your reusable water bottle on your back. Same goes for snacks...if my kids can get healthy snacks instead of churros and nachos, then I'm more than happy to be their packhorse. Money isn't always the issue. For me, we don't buy one use bottled water if we can avoid it in any way. To each his or her own.

To the OP, we all bring our own and have never had a problem. Since we usually take a break, it lasts all morning. We don't usually have to refill between the five of us.

Healthy snacks? I can get more fruit in the parks then I could eat.
And about being green?
All plastic is recycled so again no reason to pack like a mule.

Thanks for the tips on the funtainers!! I will bring those with us for sure. Does QS or CS look at you with evil eyes if you're asking for 4 cups of ice water and nothing else? That seems like as much of a waste ad buying bottles :-( are there many locations for water? My family drinks a ton

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter