Do you bring water bottles or Gatorade into the parks?

nuge67

Mouseketeer
And if you do, how many do you carry in your backpack?

And for those who fly down and stay inside Disney, where do you buy your water and Gatorade/Powerade before entering the parks?

Thanks

I definitely recommend bringing refillable bottles, and issuing the little flavor packets. Takes up waaay less space!

I take a reusable water bottle with me. It's a S'well bottle and keeps drinks cold for hours, even in the FL sun, without sweating :) When my first fill runs out, I get a free cup of ice water from a QS location.

I always carry a reusable camelback water bottle. It is insulated so it stays cool but doesn't sweat and we can refill it with ice water from counter service throughout the day. We bring Gatorade packets and crystal light packets to change things up a bit and make sure we keep drinking. In the warm months (we went in June and August last year) we brought two bottles and refilled them constantly. This month we brought one bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm actually looking for a new water bottle. All the ones we had seemed to have gotten lost when we moved into our house. I do take one in though.

We each bring a water bottle. Mine goes in my baggallini pocket. Everyone else wears a water bottle carrier.

No.
We just buy what we need in the park or better we have the dining plan and have more than enough snack points. We left with more than 70 snack points unused.
I don't get this whole schlepping if food or drinks into the park.
We all pay thousands of dollars to go to Disney and than we need to be cheap and schlep tons of food on youre back????

I buy a pack of water at the nearby Walmart, t comes with 24 bottles. I manly buy it for drinking at the resorts and I always take one with me when I go to the parks to drink while on the bus ( I drink around 2 liters a day) but I don't refill it. To me the Florida water tastes funny so I only drink bottled water when I'm there.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

And for those who fly down and stay inside Disney, where do you buy your water and Gatorade/Powerade before entering the parks?

Thanks

No we just buy what we need when we are at the park. TDBIASWS. :thumbsup2

No.
We just buy what we need in the park or better we have the dining plan and have more than enough snack points. We left with more than 70 snack points unused.
We all pay thousands of dollars to go to Disney and than we need to be cheap and schlep tons of food on youre back????

Because some of us don't spend thousands on each trip.... On years we have APs, it is not uncommon for us to spend less than $500 per trip outside of the cost of our APs.

I also think its ridiculous to pay $1.49 per apple when I can get them for $.30/each at Walmart

I use the Free Ice Water from the Quick Service locations. I don't buy water in cases to take in. Some people may not like the local water. I have no issues with it.

No.

No reason to buy and throw away more plastic, when you can shlep your reusable water bottle on your back. Same goes for snacks...if my kids can get healthy snacks instead of churros and nachos, then I'm more than happy to be their packhorse. Money isn't always the issue. For me, we don't buy one use bottled water if we can avoid it in any way. To each his or her own.

To the OP, we all bring our own and have never had a problem. Since we usually take a break, it lasts all morning. We don't usually have to refill between the five of us.

Most of the time I will just carry an empty water bottle with some koolaid singles.

Kaspar Houser said:
No.

I don't use the dining plan, I am a local and I don't want to throw away tons of bottles of plastic when I visit. I also don't want to spend tons of money on water. I have two young kids who eat non-stop and need lots of water. We bring snacks and water to make our trip more enjoyable, not to be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks

We never take water into the parks. There is *free* filtered ice water available at the CS locations whenever you want some. It tastes great (unlike the water fountains) but you can always add flavor packets if you so desire.

Kaspar Houser said:
No.

I don't care if I was a millionaire.. I would still hate wasting money. If one bottle of water in the park costs more than an entire case, that's a huge waste. But I'm not a millionaire and yes our trip cost us quite a lot, but that money isn't always something we just have laying around. We saved for it and paid off the trip. Maybe I don't have another thousand to bring along just to buy water and snacks. Doesn't matter that I could afford the trip, doesn't mean I can afford to be frivolous with the little money I have left. -Also bringing in your own snacks can be a lot healthier,

We use Brita filtering water bottles.
We do also order water from Garden Grocer (along with other groceries) and have it delivered to our resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter