• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do You Bring Timmies To WDW?

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
The coffee at WDW is terrible :scared: (it's too bad there is no Timmies in Canada in WS:sad1: ). This year I was thinking I should bring down some Timmies with me and make my own coffee in the room:coffee: . I am assuming there are coffee makers in the room (staying at POP again and now I can't remember if there was one or not?). Does anyone else bring Timmies with them?:thumbsup2

Sorry to say POP does not have coffee makers in the room. Happy to say I am bringing my own this time and my Tims. Getting a little tired of the Nescafe sludge.:upsidedow

When we go we bring our small Faberware pot (4cups) along with a small can of our favorite coffee (maxwell house)

We don't even use there coffee pot in the room, but when I wake up in the morning I need my coffee.

But here is my delema I always use the flavored creamer's do you know if they sell that anyware on property. Sorry to hijack the thread ! :coffee:

I'm worried by all the threads complaining about the bad coffee (it's such a simple thing... why doesn't Disney FIX IT??).

I'd like to bring my own coffee down, too. Does anyone know what size filters are required for the coffee makers at POR?

I think I will be bringing my own timmie's to the world. I have a one cup coffee maker, just brews into the mug. No filters needed. I am assuming I can just get creamers from the POP cafeteria.

My dad also used to have a plastic cone type filter that you put a paper filter inside, put your coffee in and pour the hot water into the cup and it drained into the mug. The filter sat right on top of the coffee mug. It was about five dollars I think. That would work great too. Dont want to waste time walking to the food court in the morning and lugging my mug around the parks all day. Would rather just drink it in the room while im getting ready.

Stephanie

The in-room coffee makers are the 4 cup size that would hold a basket filtre.

In the past we have brought Timmies coffee or whatever we are using at home. I also bring about 15 packets of vinegar to run through the machine before we use it and then run water through about 3 times.

I also have a travel kettle that I take with me everywhere. DH says he would rather have a cup of instant coffee than a cup of American coffee.

Someone mentioned getting creamers from the food court. They don't have creamers, it's a dispenser machine. So I'm not sure if you could take some without upsetting someone.

Can we bring coffee in our checked luggage? lol:surfweb:

We leave for WDW in 3 days, and my neighbour who we are going with is packing water bottles in her luggage? Have any of you ever done this and how much have you packed?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread.

Stephanie

Can't go to long without my Tim Hortons!!!!!

Charleyann

Sorry, just to recap, (we're going to POP in 6 days and DW is in a panic about her morning coffee) sounds like most Canadians agree that all coffee at WDW is crap and nothing there comes close to our beloved Timmies.

We're staying at POP and are debating whether or not to bring along a small coffee maker in our check luggage.:confused3 For the extra hassle of bringing, is it worth it?
:coffee:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how does POP coffee compare to Timmies? (=10+)
Also, could we use the refillable mugs to bring coffee back to our rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter