Do you bring a water bottle to the parks?

We have a refillable bottle with an insulated carrier that we've had for years. It isn't one of the fancy-shmancy brands. I think it came from Target or WalMart and probably cost under $15 (if not under $10). It works great. We fill it about 1/4 full and freeze it overnight and top it off in the morning. Throughout the day, we refill it with ice and water from restaurants and fountains. It sure beats spending $3 or however much a bottle of water is in the parks. The 3 of us don't mind sharing from the same bottle.

I bring a disposable bottle - that way if it becomes inconvenient to carry it/I forget it, it is no big deal. We are fine sharing a bottle so one bottle is fine between the 4 of us and we just refill at water fountains (the taste doesn't bother us). We are fine if the water is not cold.

Recently we were at Universal and DH left our bottle on a ride. We got thirsty and had no water immediately accessible. We looked for a CS with a machine (so we could get free ice water) and it was just annoying since none were in our immediate vicinity. We eventually got a bottle of water (had to pay park price for it sigh) and were happy again.

We carry an actual camelback as it doubles as a small back pack to carry our essentials- rain ponchos, autograph book, etc.

We do this too! It is nice to have the small backpack to keep things in and we fill it with ice & water in the morning the insulated section keeps the ice frozen & water cold all day and it feels good on your back on a warm day.

We do this too! It is nice to have the small backpack to keep things in and we fill it with ice & water in the morning the insulated section keeps the ice frozen & water cold all day and it feels good on your back on a warm day.

Do you find you have any trouble refilling the actual camelbacks? We have camelback bladders and backpacks that we use for hiking/rock climbing/running around the city during the summer and I LOVE the idea of being able to use one of these instead of having to haul around a purse or the like, but I'm concerned about how to actually refill it in the park.

We get cups of water from quick service. We find carrying around bottles to be cumbersome.

I hate carrying anything in the parks but I will carry an empty disposable water bottle. I carry a couple koolaid singles to kill the bad taste of the fountain water.

I know it isn't environmentally friendly, however, we take a back pack full of disposable water bottles. I'll refill mine as many times as needed. Flamingeaux is right - the water in the park tastes bad, although the CMs are quick to remind everyone that Disney water is double filtered. Regardless, I take Crystal Light Lemon aid packets to give the water better taste.

One for each of us. We refilled at all of the parks. The only time we got nasty water (restaurant, water fountain, tap) was from Casey's in MK. ODS and I didn't have our bottles, so we got free cups there. It definitely had the nasty sulfur taste. "Off" water doesn't usually bother me much, but that was really bad. Every other time we had water, it tasted fine.

Anyway, mine was just a random 16oz (I think) bottle that I didn't care if I lost. ODS had a kid's Camelbak, DH had a Bobble, and the baby had a sippy. DH and I both hated the Bobble. We felt it was hard to drink from. And with the small opening, I couldn't fill it with ice in the mornings. I recommend something with a wide opening that you can fill to the brim with ice.

Does your family take a water bottle to the parks? If so what is the best water bottle for the parks for kids?
Yes, we carry insulated bike bottles

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cam...18502666-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^69707526918

10087324.jpg

Yes, we use Eco Vessels in our everyday life, and we're no different when we're at Disney. They don't leak so I just carry it in my bag.

I prefer Eco Vessel to other bottles because:
- they're triple insulated, keeps cool and fresh for 36 hours
- silicone straw (very little non-BPA plastic used in construction)
- comes in 2 capacities
- can come with a filter

And the biggie...
- drinking spout comes with a pull tab so no need to touch the spout and worry about germs! Yay!

http://www.ecovessel.com/summit-tri...-steel-water-bottle-w-flip-straw-spout-24-oz/

image.jpg

No, FL water tastes nasty. We buy Dasani bottled water in the parks as needed.

We got the Brita filter bottles for our trip out west last year. We put a carabiner on the loop and attached them to our belt loops (or my small cross-over purse), so we were hands free. My boys even figured out how to attach them to a belt loop and then put them in their pockets; they didn't like them hanging. I tried uploading a picture, but the file is too large, and I don't know how to make it smaller.

When I went in May I did, but when I went in October and early April I didn't because I didn't need as much water. I got some from counter service when I needed it. When I've been during very hot weather, I kept water with me.

We go into the parks bagless. We will get free water at CS or just buy a $3 water if we feel the need.

We traveled with a double stroller and filled the bottom with disposable water bottles. I know it saved us a lot of money. It was nice to be able to grab a water from the stroller instead of having to buy a bottle or keep up with a quick service cup.

Like many other PP's, we don't carry reusable water bottles in the parks. We like going to the parks bag-free (didn't realize how freeing that is until we tried it) and I have no doubt if we carried reusable water bottles, we'd lose them on a daily basis (I've lost track of how many we've lost at home at soccer games, picnics, band practices, etc.). We just buy water when we want/need it. We don't mind sharing 2 or 3 bottles of water between the 5 of us. And yes, I know we could get it for free at the CS locations -- and do that occasionally -- but we prefer the taste (or lack thereof) of the bottled water. That being said, at home we use Camelback bottles with the folding straw and a few of the insulated squeeze bottles that I got at LL Bean.

On a normal day I drink about 140 ounces of water. A day in the parks, I'm probably drinking closer to 180.

I would either go broke or spend my entire day in counter service lines if I didn't bring my own water bottles.

On a normal day I drink about 140 ounces of water. A day in the parks, I'm probably drinking closer to 180.

I would either go broke or spend my entire day in counter service lines if I didn't bring my own water bottles.

I drink about a gallon of water a day myself. My plan is to drink a lot first thing in the morning which I do regularly. Grab CS water 1-2 times, have water at lunch, take my midday break, drinks a lot of water during that break (we go to the pool), then go back to the parks and have more water at dinner.

We will keep our Brita bottles in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter