Do you bring a stroller rain cover?

staci

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide whether to buy one of these for ds (23 1/2 months), or whether I should just get a poncho? We have a small graco stroller we are bringing with us; it does have cloth seats but not alot of cushion; it should dry fairly quickly.

What do you do with the wet raincover when you are done with it? Is it worth it? Should I get a cheap one off of ebay or get an expensive one?

Any advice appreciated!

We had a cheap clear plastic one (about $10) that we bought with us. My DD actually didn't like it. We got caught in a really bad downpour and had to run from shelter to shelter. She kept taking it off the stroller so she could get soaked like the rest of us. :rolleyes: It also holds alot of heat in. But I will still bring one with us again this time, just in case.

I think we got it at Babies R Us and I don't think it was more than $10-$15

I got mine at ToysRus. so probably the same one as the above poster. I've had to use is many times at WDW. It come in handy when it's raining and strollers aren't allowed in the attractions.

We just through an adult poncho over the stoller and a 99cent one over the seat just to be sure it didn't get wet. Just tied the corners to the stroller workered real well, then folded them up and placed in the basket. We had a large evenflo stroller

I have used both and prefered the stroller cover to the poncho. The stroller cover fit better, kept dd and the stroller dryer - esp the feet and I liked that it had lots of ventalation. When not in use I folded it small and used a ziplock.

With the poncho even with clips it flapped and opened and lots got wet and I worried about ventilation.

My SIL has a really nice one that folds small into circles like the baby tents they have now. It stays on the stroller great and is very light and easy to use.

I guess if baby is young enough and you may use it for more than WDW it would be worth the $$ otherwise bring some clothespins and use a poncho.

TJ

We always bring a stroller cover. They are well worth the money. We usually just pull it up around the handle and leave it on the stroller after a storm for 2 reasons first it will dry and second if it rains again we are ready.

We used ours a bit with the Maclaren. It was great that DD could see while in the stroller. We used ponchos to cover the rest of the stroller too.

We just bought a new stroller and it came with the rain cover, so we will be bringing it with us when we go in October.

the stroller cover is a must. put it on the stroller and just pull it back when not in use. we were on Dumbo once, waiting for the ride to start and it began to rain. A very nice man was kind enough to pull the cover down, when we asked. Get one and cover the stroller whenever you leave it, especially this time of year. We used ours at home too.

Definitely would recommend the stroller cover. During our trip in March we used ours a few times. Between strength against stronger wind/rain and the need to leave the stroller securely covered while on rides I say go with the cover.

Mel :)

A stroller cover is much easier to handle than a poncho because it doesn't blow around.

We were there early June this year and it rained daily. We just left the cover on the stroller the whole time we were at the park. The front velcros open so it took no time to get DS in and out.

Also, ponchos are usually thinner material so they tend to bunch up and create pools of water which will dump on you when you least expect them to the stroller cover stayed flatter and let the rain run right off.

Stroller rain cover = $10.00
Poncho = $1.00
Mickey Bar = $2.50

Hmmmmmmmm....... we go with the ponchos and have a few extra Mickey bars to celebrate ;)

This will be our first trip with our DDs...we went to toys r us bought a $10 double stroller one too...not perfect, its for a jogging stroller, but good enough. I want to have for while we're in the rides too...DD4 is particular about things, and I know she would probably have a fit if the stroller seat was wet, therefore getting her clothes wet. We'll bring it, and see how it goes. Younger DD...well, she'd probably keep plopping up and down in a seat of puddles and be happy.

tjmw2727 said:
My SIL has a really nice one that folds small into circles like the baby tents they have now. It stays on the stroller great and is very light and easy to use.
TJ

Where can you find these? I have heard about them but haven't seen them. :confused3

A stroller cover is one thing I wouldn't go to WDW without, asuming we had a stroller (and we normally do.) It has saved our trip many times. On days when it rains with out warning we tend to put it on the stroller before going in atractions. Sometimes CM move strollers, and sometimes even into the rain. Nothing wrose then sitting in a wet stroller all day.

Stroller covers also often have vents so it doens't get as hot and some brezz can get through. They work much better then ponchos or shower curtains. However in a pinch, the others are better then nothing. Really it is $10 well spent! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter