Do you book or wait?

I only book when I find a price that I am willing to pay. In other words I wait until the discounts are released.

Sometimes I may book with the public discount while waiting for the AP discount to be released but I never pay rack rate and never will so I don't book at a full price.

I usually book a few days before 180 days out, so I can make my ADR's. Before the 180 day thing, I used to book my room after I booked my airfare.

No? I thought you did for the +10 thing?

Yes, you do need a reservation in order to have the ability to book the +10, otherwise you would have to make reservation for each day, at each 180 mark, if that makes sense. :goodvibes

Yes, you do need a reservation in order to have the ability to book the +10, otherwise you would have to make reservation for each day, at each 180 mark, if that makes sense. :goodvibes

I made one each day and always got what I wanted. It's not that big of a deal really.

Waiting to book, hoping for FD next Sept.:goodvibes or some
kind of discount!!

Everyone should always wait, and here's why. Disney bases their discounts on the need to fill empty rooms. If rooms are booked up, then they have less chance of offering a discount.

Occupancy at the end of last August was really good, and you notice the free dining, for the first time, didn't include August dates. Also, back in October when the room discounts came down, at the last minute two resorts (Riverside and All Star Movies) were suddenly excluded from the offer due to good occupancy.

There is zero to gain and everything to lose by booking a room with the sole expectation of a discount to come. You still have to call on the day the discount is offered, and if there isn't availability left at your resort/room type, you won't get it even if you have a room booked. Many many people end up having to change resorts when this happens. So, you have the same chance of calling the day of the offer as you do booking ahead....but if everyone books ahead, there will be no offer.

I advise everyone to only book if you either have an existing offer, or if you plan to go even if there is no discount.

This is exactly why I wait. I went on the Disney Site 2 days ago, built a couple trips and did everything but reserve them, today I received a PIN for up to 35% off my room, I doubt I would have gotten that had I fully reserved them.

I wait. I agree with the thought that Disney doesn't have incentive to offer up as good of discounts or will exclude certain resorts if occupancy is already high. I know people book and then say they will cancel if they don't get a discount. Why book then? Wait on the discount! That being said, I plan on booking my May trip tomorrow once the GP discount is released. :cool1:

Carnut12 said:
This is exactly why I wait. I went on the Disney Site 2 days ago, built a couple trips and did everything but reserve them, today I received a PIN for up to 35% off my room, I doubt I would have gotten that had I fully reserved them.

if you don't mind, would you mind telling me what dates were included in your PIN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter