Do you book home resort at 11mths & switch to another?

Deemarch

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if, when making ressies...Do you book your home resort at the 11 month mark and then switch to another resort at 7 months? We would like to stay at VWL in May 2005. Should I just try for the 7 month ressie?

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

If you want to be guaranteed of a place to stay definetly book at 11 months and switch at 7 if avail (or use waitlist). With VWL being small, if you don't book your home at 11 months, you risk having no where to stay. (or biting your nails waiting on the waitlist;) )

JMHO
Sandy

I did that when we wanted to stay a few days of our annual vacation at VB. Booked my home at 11 months and then at 7 months swithced the first 2 nights to VB. We definitely wanted / needed a place to stay for those two nights and would have been OK with staying at BWV the whole time if VB wasn't avaialbe. It was, though! :teeth:

IMHO, May isn't too hard to get, so you should be just fine waiting until the 7 month mark to call. But if waiting will cause you undo stress worrying, then by all means, go ahead and reserve your home at the 11 month mark and switch at the 7 month mark. Peole do it all the time!

Originally posted by InstImpres
If you want to be guaranteed of a place to stay definetly book at 11 months and switch at 7 if avail (or use waitlist). With VWL being small, if you don't book your home at 11 months, you risk having no where to stay. (or biting your nails waiting on the waitlist;) )

JMHO
Sandy
I agree with InstImpres, but then again, I hate leaving anything to chance! :eek: :cool:

MG

I do it nearly every time -- book at 11, change at 7. It gives me peace of mind to know, no matter what, we're going -- it's just a matter of where we'll hang our hats at the end of the day!

And besides, it gives me a reason to call MS again...for some reason, calling them just sets me in that "I'm gonna go on vacation!" mood, even if it is 11 mos away!

We generally book at 11 months, but will change to a different resort at 7 if we want to. Usually, we will switch to OKW at 7 and add an extra night with the points saved.

Hey, Deemarch-we may be making you happy! We book at our home at 11 months, then switch over at 7 mos. How will that make you happy? VWL is our home, but when we switch at 7 mos., there'll be an opening for you. And we'll be going in May 2005.

1) We always book at 11-month window.
2) Cannot afford to be left out.
3) We sometimes change later.

I have excess points at OKW, not enough at VWL or BCV. At 11 months - for a VWL or BCV trip- I book the weekends at OKW and weekdays at other resort. At 7 month,I convert my OKW weekend into VWL or BCV and link the two stays. Since weekends are the least popular because of the double points, I've never had a problem switching.

We always book at the 11 month window and have not changed at the 7 month window with one exception when we changed some of our itenerary one year to include the shore for part of the vacation. We left for a weekend at VB during that trip and we really enjoyed our visit at this resort!

Thanks to everyone & hey, Simba's Mom, a bigger thanks!! My DH & I were just talking at dinner and we think we'll try for the beginning of the month. We are hoping to be living in Florida by then and it would be even more special.
We really would like to take the opportunity to try all of the DVC resorts.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I do it nearly every time -- book at 11, change at 7. It gives me peace of mind to know, no matter what, we're going -- it's just a matter of where we'll hang our hats at the end of the day!

YAY that makes me soooo happy!!!!

Just switched our OKW Labor day week ressie to VWL dedicated 2 BR.

This will be our 4th trip to the world in DVC resorts, but only our second as memebers. We stayed in our home resort all three previous trips. We wanted to try the VWL for its proximity to the MK since we will spend most of the time there with the little ones(5 & 3).

We hope to eventually try out all of the resorts. But if OKW was all that was available we would be just as happy there. I am actually kind of sad that we won't be there this year. Maybe we will "resort hop" only every other year :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc !!

Kayla

We are doing this for Christmas time this year. We are going on a 4 night Disney Cruise and then want 2 nights at WDW. We booked at the 11 month window for our home resort at BCV, but at the 7 month window we are going to try for VWL. Even if we don't get it, we will enjoy BCV (we love our home resort, but we want to try all of them at least once, and VWL seems more themed for Christmas).

DJ

yes we did that for our past trip. we wanted to be sure of a place to stay, since we were taking family, so we booked VWL (our main home) for the nights, and then at 7 months changed the reservation to BCV.

We have done the same for October, we have reservations for VWL and at 7months will try for SSR.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter