Do you believe in psychics?

disneygirl725

Yes, I am a pirate, 200 years too late!!!
So... I had a bad day at work. I called a family friend who happens to be a psychic. Now, I use her more as a "therapist" but occasionally I ask her questions, and she's always right. Like, how do you think this will turn out at work. But she never likes to tell me too much either.

My DF is a firm non-believer. I usually don't even pay her. But most people find it odd that I talk to her given because I'm such a conservative person, and I know this goes against my religion as well.

Just wondering what my DIS friends thought about psychics? Do you believe some people have that "special power".

Yes I think it's possible. I don't think it ended with the last book of the Bible.

Judi

I went to one in December. I said hello, told her my name, and sat down. Without getting into too many details, she laid out the cards and immediately started telling me very specific things about my family, my work situation, a new friend of mine (she came out with his screen name, of all things, and told me things that I hadn't yet learned about him), and my divorce. I know a lot of people will say "She gave you a general statement and you started talking" - nope. Each of her statements were VERY specific, and I merely answered with a yes, no, or I don't know. I also sat very still and forced myself to remain calm, no raised eyebrows or gasping when she got something right.

She said that for her, it's just flashes that she gets across her mind when she concentrates on the cards. I have to say, her flashes were pretty darn accurate.

I don't believe in them. My reasoning is that we are not supposed to know the future..As for psychic's, they often have a 50% chance of being right or wrong, not bad odds..If they were really psychic, they would have won all the lotteries:teeth:

Sorry you had a bad day:goodvibes

I believe that the good psychics work and the bad ones don't!

I also am a firm believer in your exact set-up, OP! The non-paying ones are so much more accurate than the ones that charge money.

Also, I think the way it works, is that psychics really need to get to know you, so that you become a part of their daily thinking and chi. Then, when they get signals for you, they can then pass those on.

The ones who look into crystal balls and can tell you right away the end of your life...not so much.

I dont like the future predictions......but I like the medium stuff......gives me the heebie jeebies....

My DF is a firm non-believer. I usually don't even pay her. But most people find it odd that I talk to her given because I'm such a conservative person, and I know this goes against my religion as well.

Just wondering what my DIS friends thought about psychics? Do you believe some people have that "special power".

I'm curious what you think of her given it goes against your religion? Do you think she has a special power? Do you feel uneasy when you ask her questions, knowing it is against your religion?

FWIW, I don't believe people have "special powers." I also believe the Bible tells us to stay away from those who practice magic and the occult. I take that to include consulting with people who claim to be psychic so I would feel uneasy talking to someone who offered to "read me."

I personally think people who claim to be psychic are either faking it or getting their info from demons (whether they are conscious of it or not).

I had a customer who is a psychic and she kept asking me to come and have my cards read and well I put it off for 3 years. I finally went just for fun because i really did not believe. well she tells me that I'm going to get pregnant and I tell her no that we are done ( i have 3 boys) anyway she tells me then i better take extra precautions. I was on the same birth control for 3 years. Well guess what??? Not only did she tell me when the baby was going to be due, she also told me I was having a girl. Well my Amanda is 15 months old now.:goodvibes She also told me I was going to come into alot of money in may. Sure enough we sold a rental house and I had won a judgement aganist a landscape guy years ago and I forgot about the money ( I put a lean on his house) Well he finally sold his house so, not only did I get my money but, I got 12% intrest. Still my husband did not believe. A year later I went to have my cards read and my Mom was diagnosed with stage 3b lung cancer ( only 5% beat it and they only give you about 8 months to live) Well I asked about my Mom and she said that she would beat it. Well this past January my Mom had her PET scan and she is cancer free.:goodvibes So, yes I beleive in some psychics.

I have a friend that is one and some of the stuff she has told me. :scared1: I have seen her tell people that she will be praying for them on such and such day and to be strong.

3 that I can think of, all resulted in the death of love one.

A friend of my mothers she ended the reading and told her to go home. That her family was trying to reach her. She told her she would be praying for her and her family on April 15th. My mothers friend got home and sure enough there was several messages for her to call her mother. She did and her brother had been diagnosed with liver cancer that day. They buried him on April 15th.

A friend of mine got read for her and she told her that her father wouldn't live to see Christmas. She said the month of October would be hard for her. He died of a massive heart attack the middle of October.

A friend of a friend came for a reading, she told this women that Christmas was going to be hard for her and that she would be praying for her. She also told her to stay off ladders. Christmas came around, sure enough her husband was diagnosed with cancer, her mother died. She was on a ladder putting up decorations for Christmas when she got the call about her mother. She fell off the ladder and broke her leg.

So yeah I believe.

I think it's possible for people to have a gift, but there's a lot of incentives out there to fake it- so, I don't believe in most of the people who advertise themselves as psychics.

This thread would have been must more interesting if it had been about what I misread the title to be-

"Do you believe in physics?"

I believe lots of things are possible:thumbsup2 can I ask you a questions and you ask her for me:rotfl:

I don't believe, I know psychics are real. Some people advertise themselves as psychics, but they're just con artists. The real ones don't have to advertise.

And no, psychics don't know the lottery #s. If they did, they would be rich and wouldn't be telling you.

No, I don't. I believe that people who go for fun are getting their money's worth and those who believe in psychic powers are being scammed.

I got a somewhat drunk lady sitting next to me and DH at the bar the other evening at an Applebees. DH and I were talking and she tapped me on the arm. She said she was a psychic and wanted to read me. I told her I didn't believe in that and she got quite agitated. I went back to talking with DH and she tapped me again. Now she is telling me how very sad I am and I should really leave DH. :scared1: I am now getting irritated. She said she knows I am abused and I must get the courage to leave DH. DH can't hear what she is saying. Finally I tell her she is nuts and DH has never laid a hand on me in 26 yrs we have been together. She said I am just in denial and she hopes I get help. I don't know where she was coming from but she was not reading me right by a long shot.:confused3 After she left I told DH all that she was saying. This is the look on his face.:scared1:,then :mad:, then :rotfl2: He asked why do I always find the kooks when we go out? ;)

I don't know what the word "psychic" really means. I do know that there are many times that I have had very freaky deja vus. I also know that sometimes I am in situations and I seem to know exactly what is going to happen next. It isn't useful information - I know that a blue van is going to drive by or that "ponytail mailman" will be subbing for the regular mailman. I have very strong intuition and try to always follow my instincts. I also always know where my husband's keys are. ;)

No, I don't. And yet...

All my life I have experienced brief moments of deja vu. I dream about something for a few seconds, and it happens weeks or months or years later. They are never anything significant - my husband will say something to me and the words and where we are standing and what is on the TV in the background - things like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter