• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do we think there will be a Canadian Ticket deal once our travel opens up?

mamaofsix

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip *hopefully* for next March, 2022. We have not purchased our tickets yet, however, in the hopes Disney will once again offer a Canadian ticket deal once our border restrictions open up again.

Any guesses as to if / when Disney would offer this deal again? With the exchange rate, current ticket prices are hard to swallow. But, with park reservations a necessity, we don't want to wait too long to purchase either.

I'll start by saying my opinion means less than zero, because since this pandemic started I have been wrong on guessing ... well, everything economy related, basically. Like, seriosly, zero for ten. Still, I'm not expecting any deals for the foreseeable future. IF our vaccine supply troubles extend way into the early fall, or the dollar dips below .75, maybe then they'll be something targeted at us? We're going in late Feb '22, and I'm pretty much expecting to be soaked. Honestly, I'm more worried about (being soaked and) not having a good time because of crushing, post-pandemic crowds...

I would love a Canadian ticket deal but I feel like they will wait and let the rush of people wanting to go come and pay full price. Us included!. Normally I am all about getting a deal, now I would just be happy to be able to go :) but also a deal would be awesome.

I agree with the others . Pent up demand is going to be a driving force and they won’t need to offer anything .. people will be too eager to go . Plus there are so many of us all over North America who cancelled trips or were in the planning process and still have tickets and gift cards and DVC points to use .

It’s going to be PACKED for a long time to come . I’ve just resigned myself to the idea of crowds when I return .

I expect they will be in "wait and see" mode to manage the demand versus any capacity limitations as things continue to open up. If capacity outpaces demand then maybe we'll see something but I wouldn't think that will happen until well into next year, but that's just my own guess.

Doubt. Still planning to go. Though I may do less ticket days and also split the trip with universal. It all remains to be seen... though I really wish I could at least start the planning, that is part of the fun after all!

I think they will offer SOMETHING maybe not Cad ticket deal but room Or packages discounts like they have now. Yes there will be pent up demand etc but more then ever people may consider staying off site - tourism is still down overall in Orlando (and FL in general) and other hotels are going to be trying to get the business, especially now when a lot of Disney’s on site perks are dropping. Disney knows this. My family are die hard Disney fans and only stay on site. We have a trip booked during Christmas, rack rates currently. Well... I started to look at beautiful off site resorts and started to look at Universal more just in case no discounts come out. IMO Disney will still have to do something to attract guests to their resorts, maybe not ticket discounts on their own but a package discount. If my family is considering staying off site then I believe there are many others.

I think they will offer SOMETHING maybe not Cad ticket deal but room Or packages discounts like they have now. Yes there will be pent up demand etc but more then ever people may consider staying off site - tourism is still down overall in Orlando (and FL in general) and other hotels are going to be trying to get the business, especially now when a lot of Disney’s on site perks are dropping. Disney knows this. My family are die hard Disney fans and only stay on site. We have a trip booked during Christmas, rack rates currently. Well... I started to look at beautiful off site resorts and started to look at Universal more just in case no discounts come out. IMO Disney will still have to do something to attract guests to their resorts, maybe not ticket discounts on their own but a package discount. If my family is considering staying off site then I believe there are many others.
We already have a villa at Windsor Hills booked. Gorgeous 6 bedroom with it's own pool for the same price per night as 1 room at a Disney value resort, lol. So, I guess we're already getting a good deal on lodging, just hoping for a break on tickets. We can cancel the villa up until Jan / 2022 with a full refund, so hopefully we will know if our border restrictions are lifted by then.

Doubt. Still planning to go. Though I may do less ticket days and also split the trip with universal. It all remains to be seen... though I really wish I could at least start the planning, that is part of the fun after all!
By the time we get to go, there will be so many new things that I'm worrying our 7 day tickets we already have won't be enough! We haven't been since Jan 2017.

By the time we get to go, there will be so many new things that I'm worrying our 7 day tickets we already have won't be enough! We haven't been since Jan 2017.

The last time we went my son said he wanted more down time on the next trip. I am hoping to wait until Tron is open before we go back, and to get to be able to do the Star Wars rides (one was open the last day we were there but kiddo was too scared to go on it because we didn't really know what it was like, he was afraid he had to do things on the ride and would ruin it for everyone, he has a lot of anxiety). Any way! I am hoping a 2 week trip, with a few days at Universal, and a couple down days. Oh I can't wait to plan...

We already have a villa at Windsor Hills booked. Gorgeous 6 bedroom with it's own pool for the same price per night as 1 room at a Disney value resort, lol. So, I guess we're already getting a good deal on lodging, just hoping for a break on tickets. We can cancel the villa up until Jan / 2022 with a full refund, so hopefully we will know if our border restrictions are lifted by then.
I always WANT to stay there, but I have such a hard time giving up an on site DVC studio for cheaper, haha.

I wouldn't expect anything until early 2022 as far as discounts go and doubtful it will be Cnd only. likely a room or Pkg discount. I'm expecting high crowd levels for the Oct Anniversary celebration but after Christmas I expect crowds will drop off, very much as they did post 9/11. The boards aren't a good barometer to measure crowd levels by as most of us are regular visitors, there will be a fairly significant number of people who simply wont travel until at least 2023, post Covid hysteria if you will.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect anything until early 2022 as far as discounts go and doubtful it will be Cnd only. likely a room or Pkg discount. I'm expecting high crowd levels for the Oct Anniversary celebration but after Christmas I expect crowds will drop off, very much as they did post 9/11. The boards aren't a good barometer to measure crowd levels by as most of us are regular visitors, there will be a fairly significant number of people who simply wont travel until at least 2023, post Covid hysteria if you will.
Well, there are already ticket deals right now targeting Florida residents, DVC owners, those staying on a package, etc. I'm hopeful once our border opens they would introduce a deal for us, too.

Disney has released ticket deals for the UK for 2022 travel dates (14 day tickets for the price of 7) - even though travel from the UK is still restricted similar to Canada. This tells me Disney thinks that by 2022 travel will be opened up and they are trying to incentivize UK travelers to book.

Hopefully Canada is next on Disney's radar and not far behind in having a deal released for 2022 tickets?

I'm hoping there's a Canadian deal as we've gotten used to it when buying tickets. It will hurt if we have to pay full price.
I was checking out the full price of tickets the other day! :crazy2: We've got tickets for our next trip already, but we're hoping to take my ss and his family late 2022 or 2023 and need to save anyway we can! I never pay full price for something. Not sure I'd be able to somach it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter