• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do we really believe Pandora will open in the summer?

I am sorry if that came across as rude but you can't say thousands booked vacations in anticipation of a Test Track opening when you don't have any actual numbers. I don't doubt at all that some did book vacations in hopes to be there for the opening but I do have a hard time believing that thousands did.

Honestly, I think you're right. People go when they can go. The average person would probably not be aware of a new ride opening unless it hits the airwaves as Rivers of Lights did.

Oh I think you were subconsciously teasing me because I booked Highway in the Sky with NO discount ...... and I am not bothered by "tent city". But yes, I thought they were quite reasonable and wished I bought 2 of each ............. I mean they are tied to RoL and who knows, they may become rare collectables. :rolleyes1

Now you're on to something.:idea:

"Open" might mean you can walk through the area and there's a gift shop and a food cart - but the rides may not open immediately or at the same time.

"Open" might mean you can walk through the area and there's a gift shop and a food cart - but the rides may not open immediately or at the same time.
I see no reason to believe at this current point in time that the rides won't open with the land.

I can honestly say i have never made a reservation at Disney based on when a new attraction would open....there is way to many things that can go wrong, and with this project being a 6 year process, i see no reason to believe they will not experience a delay....I have the third week of June booked now, and if its open then great, if not, then i have an excuse again to not go to AK!!!

New fantasyland wasn't one theme though it was multiple. It also had a big switch in what it was going to be once construction started. The mine train wasn't part of the original plans.
I found the new fantasyland to be underwhelming....to me it was more a way to expand the size of the park....& dwarfs mine ride is cute, but seems more like a kiddy ride

I found the new fantasyland to be underwhelming....to me it was more a way to expand the size of the park....& dwarfs mine ride is cute, but seems more like a kiddy ride
It was to expand the park and increase capacity. MK is bursting with people and they needed more things to do. Mine train was never meant to be a thrill ride, thats not the point of fantasyland, family friendly is the goal.

It was also about providing new ways to interact with characters (specifically princesses) and bring you into the worlds more (Beasts castle, Enchanted Tales with Belle, etc.) .... and remember, the original plans called for even more meet & greets

All I'm saying is - I've seen plenty of cases where projects that are late move from "let's get this done" to "let's figure out how to declare success and ship version 1."

I can honestly say i have never made a reservation at Disney based on when a new attraction would open....there is way to many things that can go wrong, and with this project being a 6 year process, i see no reason to believe they will not experience a delay....I have the third week of June booked now, and if its open then great, if not, then i have an excuse again to not go to AK!!!
{ REALLY }....To Not go to AK?:confused3

Is ROL the only thing that would make you go there....
WoW..It must be me, but I'm on the side that there is nothing (parkwise) that is anything like AK....

It was to expand the park and increase capacity. MK is bursting with people and they needed more things to do. Mine train was never meant to be a thrill ride, thats not the point of fantasyland, family friendly is the goal.

Agreed, not sure what people are thinking. As an aside, my kid can and will go on any rollercoaster allowed. The only thing that stops him is the height requirement. Yet still, he thought it was fun. Frankly, so did I. This seems like something fun for a wider age bracket than Rock N Rollercoaster or Everest.

Agreed, not sure what people are thinking. As an aside, my kid can and will go on any rollercoaster allowed. The only thing that stops him is the height requirement. Yet still, he thought it was fun. Frankly, so did I. This seems like something fun for a wider age bracket than Rock N Rollercoaster or Everest.
The only thing I don't like with mine train is how short it is. It was originally supposed to be longer but they shortened and I wish they hadn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter