• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do we need to pack Bug Spray

We just got back in early September and had absolutely no problems with bugs. I don't think I even thought about it once.

Nope, Disney does a great job with mosquito control IMO. We went last year Sept. 27-30 and remembering how "buggy" FL is that time of year, we went prepared. Never needed it though...never put spray on once and I can just look at a misquito and get bit!

We are leaving in "6 sleeps" and I am bringing my bug spray. I am from Louisiana and am very familiar with mosquitos and LOVE BUGS!!! The love bugs are out in full force here, and I have found that the OFF Family Spray works great! I spray it on our clothes and shoes and anything else (especially white) that might attract the little critters. I even spray the door way to my house (which is white). I don't know if its the smell of it or what, but it works and at least with the "family" aspect to it I can use it on my son. I still don't spray anywhere near his face though. Have fun!!!!!

We live in FL and hate the bugs - it is so nice when we go to Disney though, the bugs seem to stay away. It must be the pixie dust :tinker:

I've brought bug repellant every time we've gone, and never once had to use it. I always bring it just in case...but maybe that's one more thing I can remove from the packing list. :thumbsup2

We never bring it and only rarely have we come home with even a single bug bite. I also think the love bug hype is over done, but maybe it wasn't love bug peak season this past week. We saw some, but they really didn't seem interested in us at all - they had higher priorities...

We were there from the 16th-22nd and never took the bug spray out of the suitcase! We only saw lovebugs on the airplane windows (outside) when we left!

Lily

Been to Disney many times and have never encountered problems with mosquitos or any other bugs. I have stayed at most of the resorts at different times during the year. I never stayed in the campgrounds however so I can't predict what you will find so close to wooded areas. Have fun :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter