Do we need sleeping bags?

the4moores

Mouseketeer
We will be there Sept 30 to Oct 11. I'm thinking of bringing just sheets and blankets. Will it get cold enough at night for our sleeping bags?

We are much more comfortable with just sheets and blankets. Just grab an extra blanket, in case it gets colder at night. The sleeping bags take up way too much room! :)

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. It is also hard to sleep with everyone tossing and turning in the sleeping bags and you hear the "zzzsssh" of the sleeping bag rustling all night!

Wow - you get to go in just 8 days! :D

LOL - I know what you mean about the sleeping bag noise! Plus, I tend to get all tangled up in mine, and it's really uncomfortable! I end up sleeping on top of the zipper and getting frustrated in the middle of the night! lol

Sheets and blankets would be fine that time of year. The important thing is to use a good air mattress or cot. The sandpads you'll be tenting on have been prolly compacted by a lot of equipment and will be uncomfortably hard for a direct groundbed.

Hello Moores:
No, like others have said it will probably be too hot to be in your sleeping bags. This is what we have done; take an old twin or double sheet, fold it in half and sew it across the bottom and about 2/3 the way up the side. This forms an insert for your bag. The sheet is alot easier to clean than a sleeping bag. When it is hot just sleep in the sheet and your bag is just extra padding. If it is cold (like up here in Canada, eh!) that little sheet actually adds a lot of warmth.
Also, we are travelling from London pulling a pop-up and will be at FW Sept.29 to Oct.4 hopefully in the 1500 loop. I assume you will likely be in 1500 too. Maybe see you there. Can't be too many Ontario licence plates in one loop.
Pete.

Pete hope to see you in the 1500 loop. Thanks for the tips about the sleeping bag.

Rhonda thanks for noticing how quickly my trip is coming. I'm excited and a little stressed. Hoping I remember everything. Trying to keep the kids from playing with all the stuff I have in my dining room. Now that the weather here has cooled down a bit I can pack all our clothes. Actually my 2 year old was a little upset today because she couldn't wear shorts and sandles. She had to wear pants, running shoes and a jacket.

Another neat trick I learned from my brother in law (in the Army ...does a lot of bivuoac-ing) is to take an emergency blanket and place it under your pad. This helps to reflect any residual body heat bak at you and keep the cold from the ground from chilling you too much.

I use an air mattress and sheets and a blanket. Works great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter