Do we have to check-in at resort to use MB and FP+?

seidelhd

Mouseketeer
We are going on the Dream cruise this Thursday. We get back to Port Canaveral and have 2 nights at AoA. We already have our customized Magic Bands, have them linked to existing NE tickets, and have set up FP+ times (plus BOG lunch reservation). I've also done online check-in, given a credit card number, and established PINs for the MB.

I called Disney last week and was told that the MB/FP+ will not be activated until we complete our check-in at AoA. Does anyone know from experience if this is true or not?

I'd like to go straight from the ship/port to MK and not have to waste time at AoA checking in (we won't be able to get in our room until 3pm anyway).

Also, can we use the actual RFID tickets to double dip on FP- (I realize this is not the correct board for this question) even if they are linked to our MB?

Thanks.

Yes, you need to physically check-in This is the only way the CM can activate your Magic Bands.

Plus, you can check in at anytime during the day--not just 3pm. Just swing by AoA, check in and they can text you when your room is ready and give you the room number. When you leave MK, you can go straight to your room instead of the front desk again.

I don't think you have to physically check in. Your MBs are active when they are shipped. You should be able to look on the site or the app and see that they are active and as long as your tickets and FP+s are in there, they should work for that.

Maybe they mean for the room keys/room charging part? I would call again and double check.

The information that you were given is incorrect.

You can, once you have gotten your magic bands and made your FP+ reservations online using MDE, go directly to the park without checking into your hotel first.

You can use your bands to enter the parks if you have linked an annual pass to your account on MDE, and use your FP+ reservations on the attractions that you had pre-chosen.

The only thing that you will do once you get to the hotel is get your band associated with your room to be able to unlock the door and to have your credit card associated with your band so you can charge things using your band. I don't think that you can set up charging ahead of time as they don't allow you to link a credit card to your magic band online. (At least not when I went last month.)

I went directly to Epcot the day I arrived, entered the park using my magic band (I had linked my AP to my MDE account before I left) and was able to use my magic band to get on my pre-reserved rides at the time I had set up on the MDE website before I left home. I checked into my hotel after 3:00pm that day and had my AMEX card activated for charging on my band at that time...

Your MBs should be active when shipped. People are reporting using the Magic Bands during a split stay when off-site for the first part, and the MBs worked fine.

I'm assuming you will have a car parked at the port? Or getting a rental car? If you are taking DCL transfers or a limo service, you would have to go to your resort first. But if driving yourself there is no reason you can't go directly to the parks.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter