• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do we have a thread for first-time 2007 Half Walkers? Should we start one?

tink2020 said:
AND.... she's bringing a bunch of people with her! :goodvibes

Fun, happy people, with lots and lots of energy!! :teeth:
It's gonna be a great group of WISHWalkers this year!!

DisneyGirl said:
WELCOME BACK (from someone who came long after you!! :-))!!

Nope, you won't be held back, because we won't let you be!! :cheer2:

I see you have the logo in your siggy. When are you headed out???

No 2006 at DisneyWorld this year (new job and I didn't know if I'd have the time to train/ be able to take off time, etc. :( ) The logo is for the 1/2 marathon in Disneyland in September (I need something to tide me over until January!!!)

I (think) I'm planning on trying the FULL in 2007, though!!!

WOW!!! I'm impressed! I could only dream! Of course, I've done that beofre and look where it got me!!! ;)

It looks like this thread would be the start!! I am REALLY interested and REALLY, REALLY scared to commit to something like this...but I'm going to try! I saw those Donald and Mickey medals at my husband's boss's house....they both ran each one....and I thought, "Maybe, I could do that!" We'll support each other, right??

karebear1 said:
Fun, happy people, with lots and lots of energy!! :teeth:
It's gonna be a great group of WISHWalkers this year!!

I'm one of the hopefully fun, happy people. I'm in too!

Karebear, great to see you back in training for 2007! Your enthusiasm for 2005 motivated me to get walking. Although 2007 will be my first half, I've been hanging around here and building up to 2007. I still have a way to go to be able to make the pace, but I know that with the WISH walkers behind me, this will be the year for me! Together we can do this! And NO BEING PICKED UP BY THE SWEEPERS!!! Can you tell how important not being swept is to me?!

I am really looking forward to training with this group all year, and hitting the starting line in 2007. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

perfectmatch300 said:
Karebear, great to see you back in training for 2007! Your enthusiasm for 2005 motivated me to get walking. Although 2007 will be my first half, I've been hanging around here and building up to 2007. I still have a way to go to be able to make the pace, but I know that with the WISH walkers behind me, this will be the year for me! Together we can do this! And NO BEING PICKED UP BY THE SWEEPERS!!! Can you tell how important not being swept is to me?!

I am really looking forward to training with this group all year, and hitting the starting line in 2007. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

It's important to me not to get picked up too! While I technically wasn't picked up in '05, They sure as all heck didn't let me finish along with about 100 more like me! Ah............... but that is behind us! This time I'm training to break a 15 minute mile- and I should be ok....right?!??!?!

I'm glad to hear you're sticking with it! You're a very persistent person... you will amke it for sure!!

Maherae said:
It looks like this thread would be the start!! I am REALLY interested and REALLY, REALLY scared to commit to something like this...but I'm going to try! I saw those Donald and Mickey medals at my husband's boss's house....they both ran each one....and I thought, "Maybe, I could do that!" We'll support each other, right??

You can do this! We had a whole group of people that didn't think they could do it either, but in the end, about 50 of us went in '05 and succeeded! It was a blast and soooooo insipiring to all of us.

Does anyone here know how many went down this year??

DisneyGirl said:
No 2006 at DisneyWorld this year (new job and I didn't know if I'd have the time to train/ be able to take off time, etc. :( ) The logo is for the 1/2 marathon in Disneyland in September (I need something to tide me over until January!!!)

I (think) I'm planning on trying the FULL in 2007, though!!!

You are one brave girl! Good luck on both!! that'll be really exciting when you do it!!

Thanks Karebear!!

Thanks, well, I haven't *totally* committed to the full yet (I guess I have to decide soon, though, since registration starts Monday!!) I actually kind of wish the races were together like they were last year-- then I could just sign up for the full, and if I couldn't do it, I could just end with the 1/2.

Part of me is thinking of signing up for both, and then seeing where I am come January (and who knows-- maybe I'll be soooo in shape I can go for the Goofy (or not... :-))

Is anyone else out there grappling with which races to run and when?? How do you decide whether or not to sign up?? Or do you just sign up for everything and hope for the best?? (how I'm leaning now :-))

DisneyGirl said:
Is anyone else out there grappling with which races to run and when?? How do you decide whether or not to sign up?? Or do you just sign up for everything and hope for the best?? (how I'm leaning now :-))

If this helps at all - they didn't close registration for the 1/2 and full until August this year. The 1/2 closed first and then the full.

I waited till nearly the end of the time and finally registered. I had to stop training due to injury (registration is not refunded) but plan on trying again this year.

I so WISH I could be there with all the wonderful people I trained with on the WISH board this year. Their kindness, compasion, and knowledge was unbelieveable :love:

Minnie, I know you'll be there next year!! I know about injuries, and how they affect something you try so hard for!

I know for the 2005, I signed up in August, or maybe even later-- I think I probably will take some more time to actually decide!!

Thanks for posting the info about registration and when it closed last year! I'm signing up for the half on Tuesday, no questions asked! My DH is training with me (maybe for the full) but we won't know for sure if he can go until probably July. We are in the process of matching for a medical residency, and we HOPE that when he starts (wherever) on July 1st that we'll have a schedule for that year. Hope is the key word. So he's preparing, and we hope he doesn't miss out on the registration if he's able to get off and go. If not, it's a solo trip for me I suppose! :goodvibes We're keeping our fingers crossed, though!

I really, really want to do this. I'm not sure I can--I still have about 60 lbs to lose and have to pick up my pace, but I think if I set this as a goal, I can do it! I'm so glad I came over to check out this board today!
jana

jayna22 said:
I really, really want to do this. I'm not sure I can--I still have about 60 lbs to lose and have to pick up my pace, but I think if I set this as a goal, I can do it! I'm so glad I came over to check out this board today!
jana

That's what's great about starting now! If you set the goal for a year from now, you have all this time to work towards it-- as you are training, you will lose weight, and pick up your pace! by the time next January rolls around, you may even be able to run it, and there will be no danger at all of being swept!!!

Everybody that signed up for the half this year is now on route! Isn't that exciting you guys? This time next year- we'll be doing it!

karebear1 said:
Everybody that signed up for the half this year is now on route! Isn't that exciting you guys? This time next year- we'll be doing it!

Oh, I know, Karebear!!! I am so excited for them!! :cheer2: I printed out the route , enlarged it, and I am putting it on the wall by my treadmill. Now, I await their after race posts!!

karebear1 said:

Yes!!! I'm both jealous and excited for them!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter