Do we deserve to be treated differently?

I agree that for people who truly travel to Disney a lot, there already are the perks they get through their AP. And it's likely if you go there more than once a year, you own that AP (or sensibly, one should). Just as FL people who may spend a lot of money at WDW get FL rates at times. And couldn't you kind of consider the Bounceback program a loyalty program?

But, just as posted, companies don't do loyalty programs out of the goodness of their hearts. It's a marketing ploy to pull business from their competitors. But as we know, WDW and Disneyland have no real competitors ;)

Your only hope is that their business tanks..and of course it won't any time soon.

Course, you could just consider that Disney does at least do like many other hotels/airlines - they are tied into a credit card. You can earn "bonuses" that way. We certainly earn more FF miles for American on our credit card than we ever would by flying.

Here's some food for thought;

Do families that go to WDW regularly deserve special perks?
I'm not talking about FL residents that can drop in every weekend, I'm talking about those of us who travel a good distance and come more than once a year. Those of us who don't go anywhere else on vacation, should we have perks?

Putting on my flame retardant suit before I submit so please, let's just hear your humble opinion and be easy on me.
I'm not saying that this should or shouldn't be the case, just want your thoughts and feelings on the subject.

In a word....No.

Then why do "you" offer AP holders special deals on rooms and special premiere events?

It’s all about the bottom line Disney thinks we got there money for the ticks lets see if we can get a few more room nights out of the AP holders

Here's some food for thought;

Do families that go to WDW regularly deserve special perks?
I'm not talking about FL residents that can drop in every weekend, I'm talking about those of us who travel a good distance and come more than once a year. Those of us who don't go anywhere else on vacation, should we have perks?

Putting on my flame retardant suit before I submit so please, let's just hear your humble opinion and be easy on me.
I'm not saying that this should or shouldn't be the case, just want your thoughts and feelings on the subject.

No flames at all. Many companies offer their return customers little perks. Not a difference in customer service, mind you. Everyone should be treated with the "Disney Magic" but as others have posted, maybe a discount here or there.

Let me ask, with the bounce back program do you get a discount off the price of your package for booking while your still there?

DVC members do get perks with their membership so maybe they consider that an incentive.

It’s all about the bottom line Disney thinks we got there money for the ticks lets see if we can get a few more room nights out of the AP holders

That's the point of this whole thread.

People that go to WDW several times a year would probably purchase APs- there are several perks associated with them. AP holders have room discounts available most seasons, and they can get the DDE card which saves them 20% at most TS dining locations (and discounts on merchandise, I think?).

My thoughts exactly. There already are lots of special 'perks' available to frequent visitors, via the AP. Room discounts, dining discounts, admission averages out to a lot less $ per day, special events & previews of new attractions. Not sure what more is expected? :confused3

Any such programme would be discriminatory for people who live outside the US - very few people from the UK etc could afford to visit more than once a year!

Any such programme would be discriminatory for people who live outside the US - very few people from the UK etc could afford to visit more than once a year!

There is no "discrimination against" one-time or infrequent guests in programs designed to reward regular customers.

They don't increase the regular price for one-time or infrequent guests.

This is no different than offering a "large-order discount" in sales.

If YOU offer more, THEY offer more.

I could be dreaming (wouldn't be the first time!), but back a few years ago (2002, 2003) somehow I had the impression that WDW would periodically do things like send e-mail codes to frequent visitors offering some little discounts, etc. and we kept watching and hoping, with our year-after-year, 8+ day, etc. etc. visits that some little something would come our way. No such luck!

As a frequent WDW vacationer, I would say:
do frequent visitors deserve a different experience in the parks or in grade/degree of service? no.
would it make reasonable business sense for WDW to have a system that somehow acknowledged repeat business? yes.

Anything from throwing the slight discount my way, or, when and if possible, offering a slight upgrade at check-in, or putting a little goody bag in our room that said "Welcome Back!" would simply go a long, long way (and make it easier for us -- in an emotional sense -- to keep returning [wow -- they noticed us!]).

BTW, the only "book now and save while you're here" program I ever knew of or encountered at the parks was last December, when we stayed at YC for 9 days, we had the *opportunity* to book a return visit for this year (I believe it was in the August/Sept. timeframe but not certain) IF we booked at a value resort. We made the point in feedback to WDW that we were frustrated by this offer since we weren't interested in the value resorts (no flames please -- just a personal choice; no judgment being passed for those loyal value fans). We didn't think it made sense and in fact would have jumped on the offer if it had included deluxe resorts....

It's been a side thought of mine too, actually. Once my wife was asked by a CM to participate in a survey after being asked how many times we had come to visit. My first thought was, well, what'd she get out of the deal? Alas, nothing came of it :(

I too did this thinking it would get me something!! My DH was "impatiently" waiting for me for about 2 minutes or maybe a little longer and then he ended up not getting his popcorn like he wanted. He kept saying "and what are you going to get out of that?" and unfortunately he ended up being right!!

The one perk I do have going or me is being a Florida Resident (the seasonal AP has got to be the best for us) Guess I probably wouldn't go as much as we do if we weren't Florida residents.

I could be dreaming (wouldn't be the first time!), but back a few years ago (2002, 2003) somehow I had the impression that WDW would periodically do things like send e-mail codes to frequent visitors offering some little discounts, etc.

Yes, they still do those things.

And, yes, it makes good business sense to do this.

People seem to think there's something untoward or evil about businesses looking out for the "bottom line."
This can be a detriment if it means scrimping on the "product and services" to save a buck.

But Disney generally does one of finest jobs of making customers WANT to come back with better service and finer "product."
That impacts the "bottom line" in a big way.

When I'm there, I have TS ADR's nearly every day, and my house has more than a few doodads I've traipsed home with from WDW shops.

Many people are refering to AP perks. However, if you want to stay at a particular hotel or be at the parks at a particular time of year AP discounts can be impossible to get. Last Dec. the AP discount was $5 less than AAA which hardly off sets the price of the AP and we just coundn't committ to another trip to make it worth our while. Also, we can't hop down just for a pass holder event. We are Sandals signature guests (we have gone to Sandals or Beaches every few years it doesn't matter how long between trips just that you returned) with that we get a prefered rooms if available, some type of token gift, t-shirts and tote bags were last years gift and a wonderful returning guest dinner(It's all-inclusive anyway it is just a nicer dinner). None of this stuff is going to make or break my vacation it is just a nice touch. As other have said a resort type pin or # of days pin would be nice. Just my 2 cents

I have no problem giving additional perks(maybe Disney Dollars) to frequent guests. Maybe they could base it on how much you spend at WDW(hotels, tickets, dining, etc...)

That being said, the perks shouldn't include any kind of "super fast pass" that would give them an advantage in terms of wait times over the other guests. I just think this would open the door to eventually charging for this perk similar to Universal.

I do not need to be treated differently,,, BUT I think we should get the pin codes every once and a while. I am a VERY loyal and frequent visitor and I NEVER get a pin code.

I do not need to be treated differently,,, BUT I think we should get the pin codes every once and a while. I am a VERY loyal and frequent visitor and I NEVER get a pin code.

That's exactly the reason you don't get pin codes - you're a loyal and frequent visitor.

It doesn't make any business sense for Disney to give you a pin code. They know from your past history that you'll continue to come without a discount.

Businesses don't give discounts out of kindness; the discount is given to people who might NOT come unless they got a discount, in the expectation that they'll come and spend even more money than they saved with the pin code. In your case, they know you'll come and spend money anyway, so there's no benefit to Disney in giving you a code.

To those of you who may think we non frequenty visitors don't want to visit as often as you do.

Here is some food for thought, from a non frequent visitor. We go every 4 years. Do you think that is because we do not love disney as much as you frequent visitors? Because it doesn't, it means we do not have the money to go several times a year or yearly. Does that make us lesser Disney fanatcis than you frequent visitors. NOPE!

Anyway, that being said. Not that I would mind frequent visitors getting perks, because that is how many businesses work. You deserve them for going frquently. If you can afford it, good for you. But those who cannot afford to go on more than one trip of a lifetime, might deserve a little something too. Just my opinion, not meant to flame anyone!

My thoughts on this:

I totally disagree w/any discounts for frequent visitors as it would seem that they may not finacially NEED them.....the ones that dont visit often or only once may be more finiancially in need. Its a sticky topic for sure

I wouldn't see harm in a thank you gift of some sort for frequent non-AP holder guests. Even the small token of a coupon for free dole whips would tickle me pink!

It would be nice if they did do a thank you token for stopping your touring momentum to answer a survey. Heck even a pin or a free popcorn.... certainly wouldn't hurt WDW and it seems they need the info from those surveys.

Pin Codes would be nice to recieve for those of us who go at least once a year. My Opinion.
I remember, WDW gave out pins or badges for the 25th anniversary with the date of the first visit to WDW. They had Cinderella's coach and Fantasia Mickey on them. We took our granddaughter for the first time that year and she got one that says"first visit" and my husband and mine say "Guest of Honor". On Kala's, the date is 1996 and on ours, 1971. This might be something that could be redone.

It would be nice if they did do a thank you token for stopping your touring momentum to answer a survey. Heck even a pin or a free popcorn.... certainly wouldn't hurt WDW and it seems they need the info from those surveys.

Something about "paying" for an on-the-spot survey response figures into the "skew" of the results.

There are many different survey regimes, but many don't offer rewards for on-the-scene time spent in responding.

(Phone surveys, where the customer must CHOOSE to call-in are a bit different.)

At the parks, many guest might seek-out a surveyor in hopes of a reward and then offer answers that are skewed more in favor of the company.
That even happens NOW, without the reward, its just human nature.

Its generally felt that the "goodness-of-your-heart" on-the-spot surveys have just a bit more accuracy.

But, hey, free popcorn?

I'm IN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter