Do Virgin still have check in at DTD?

swift

Mouseketeer
We usually fly BA but we're considering Virgin this time. Do they still have check in at DTD? Who can use it and how much does it cost? Thanks.

We usually fly BA but we're considering Virgin this time. Do they still have check in at DTD? Who can use it and how much does it cost? Thanks.

Yes they do, its free for Virgin Holiday customers, UC and FC Gold passengers. for all others its $10 a head

We love that service - get there early and have the rest of the day to ourselves for exploring!:cool1: Much better than hanging out at the bloody airport all day!

The DTD check in although we have to pay for it is one of the benefits that keeps us flying Virgin.

It is worth the $10 per person to us to get rid of our cases and not have to arrive at the airport so early :goodvibes

Thanks. I agree it would be nice not to have to arrive at the airport too early.

Glad to hear the DTD Virgin check in is still there and operational - the last time we visited florida (7 years ago) we used it and found it great.

will make our trip in October with our 6 year old DS much easier and more enjoyable - spending the last day at the parks instead of all day at the airport.

Thanks

Yes used it on Sunday for our return flight. Was unusually quiet, although we were there about 8.30am

I am in the minority and found it more trouble than its worth. Probably because we only fly back at the end of school holidays, busiest days of the year. Done it twice, both times took around 1 hour, not fun in that heat.

I prefer to do online check in and arrive at airport 2-3 hours before flying, bag drop takes no more than 5 mins.

This August we will be flying back PE, is it the same(probably long again end of August) line as economy?

I am in the minority and found it more trouble than its worth. Probably because we only fly back at the end of school holidays, busiest days of the year. Done it twice, both times took around 1 hour, not fun in that heat.

I prefer to do online check in and arrive at airport 2-3 hours before flying, bag drop takes no more than 5 mins.

This August we will be flying back PE, is it the same(probably long again end of August) line as economy?
No, PE/UC has a separate line :thumbsup2

I always feel awkward going straight to the front - people always give funny looks, especially if they've been stood there for god knows how long - but it's a service you pay for :)

Can you check in online at 24hrs and use the DTD desk as a bag drop? (I realise you will still have to stand in the queue.) Or can you only do it if you haven't checked in online? I get very stressed about checking in as soon as we can, so that we get the seats we want!

Can you check in online at 24hrs and use the DTD desk as a bag drop? (I realise you will still have to stand in the queue.) Or can you only do it if you haven't checked in online? I get very stressed about checking in as soon as we can, so that we get the seats we want!
Yes, we always do OLCI 24-hours before and then bag-drop at DTD the next morning. :thumbsup2

Thanks. I've just booked the flights and it looks like we're on the new A330.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter