Do use DisneyWorld for medicinal purposes?

remember those old movies from the 60's? the protagonist would be lying on then psychiatrist's couch, and he would say.."take a long vacation.. relax...."
(I seem to remember "hook, line and sinker" an old Jerry Lewis movie?)
anyway, .. I never forget a good lesson!:lmao:

remember those old movies from the 60's? the protagonist would be lying on then psychiatrist's couch, and he would say.."take a long vacation.. relax...."
(I seem to remember "hook, line and sinker" an old Jerry Lewis movie?)
anyway, .. I never forget a good lesson!:lmao:

My therapist has told me that my "addiction" (my words, not hers) to Disney is healthy. Works for me!!! Now if I could just get our insurance to pick up our DVC dues I'd be all set!!:thumbsup2

I definitely use it! I have a chronic illness which has caused terrible pain and disability... I have more doctors than friends...

but at disney ALL that goes away. The park is so good that I don't feel disabled - I can do everything!!

My wife and I have a rule - when we are at disney, we do not deal with disability or illness - we pretend it all does not exist! and that break from reality is SO needed.

In fact, we need it right now!

Yes! We've been trying to have another baby for almost 4 years. A year or so ago we started planning a WDW trip for our 10th anniversary this year. Late last year, we got to the point in our infertility treatment where we could move on to the "next step" in treatment, but that would mean we'd have to scale back or possibly even cancel our WDW trip. I thought long and hard about it, but realized that our family NEEDS that escape to WDW now more than ever.

Absolutely, all the time, although the tax people have yet to let me claim the deduction... :confused3

Before I retired from a stressful job, my wife could track the stress leaving me each step of the way from New York until we were walking into Epcot. She claims she could actually see the stress leave my face a little at a time from the trip to the airport, the flight down, Orlando airport, the ride to our resort, etc., but walking into Epcot all the stress disappeared.

I'm still busy enough in retirement with my music that a day trip to WDW is a nice break.

Oh, yes I use it as medicine. As a matter of fact, the trip we are getting ready to take is because I have been stressed with work, trying to take the CPA exam and I've kept a sinus infection almost all winter and tthen the snow we had all winter took its toll and I decided I needed some time in my happy place. Can't wait to just go into a different world for a few days and not worry about anything. pixiedust:

You may be on to something there--I wonder how you could get it coded to claim it on your medical insurance. The insurance companies around her offer a discount if you go to a health club so many times/ month, maybe a good vacation could be the same????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter