DO u think that this is fair?? (not VMK related)

Make the most of your part as a soldier. Don't upstage, just outshine :sunny:

My part in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" in local theatre was small, I was "fairy one" and "mustardseed" (fairy one had a speaking part with Puck (Robin Goodfellow) in act two, and mustardseed got to dance and talk to the donkey)! It was a blast, the cast were mostly all friends...we had a little "clique"... and we had to build the set, advertised and do everything ourselves. I was never in a high school play so I cannot compare, but I'm willing to bet you would have a lot more fun doing shows outside of school. Plus, your talent will probably be more appreciated. Your two choices are "forget this, I'm just going to do my part and not complain, and find an audition for community theater" or state your case to the principal (with help of other disgruntled drama members and parents). Or both!

Just curious, is acting something you want to pursue in life, or are you just doing this in high school? If acting is definitely a passion of yours, there will be bigger and better opportunities outside of high school.
Side note: an actress friend of mine, who was one of the lead roles in the play with me, has been endorsing products on QVC, was one of the "bad people" shown on TV on the first episode of last season's American Idol (she can't sing but just wanted to get on TV!), had an extra part in "The Punisher" (you can see her on the movie trailer!), and will appear in "One Tree Hill" and another teen show later this winter :) And I don't even think she acted in high school.

Just to tell everyone, like I said before I am now over that and I am fine with the part. I just thought that it was unfair that the parents were the directors and I wanted to show the dis boards ppl how ppl are sometimes to get what they want. Also I am thinking about joining a community play(I just think this is funny because the mother of the twins is in it to, so maybe she might see how good I really am) and thx everyone for their helpful opinions and ppl that have kept responding to the thread to try and help me out. Thx

That's good....I just hope you really are "over it", or else do something about it. I don't know if this is your last year in school, or how many plays they do a year, but if there are more plays to come, I sure would say/do something to someone if I were you!

~M

Well, I'm glad that you are happy with your part. I strongly suggest you try out for more school plays.If you do really good with your part, you may get a even bigger part next play!Good luck!
~Funny

Yeah..I'm going to assume you're talking about Spencer and Tyler?
They're actually are pretty good actors. Not as good as some of the others, of course. But still good. I wouldn't argue that the parents do have something to do with them getting all the lead roles. But I really don't think you should take it out on the twins. You're making it sound like they're forcing their parents at knife-point to give them the good parts.
It's also possible that the parents are doing this sub-conciously. Once you have kids, I think that you begin to see your children in a different light than the others...
But as far as the twins go...
They're both nice kids.
Disgustingly perfect, but nice...Try not to hate them so much, ok?

This is such an interesting thread, especially from a teacher's perspective. Often students regard one another as "perfect" or think other kids have a charmed life. I have a student and it seems like she has everything - money, awesome clothes, looks, brains, etc. and many girls are jealous of her. Keeping up this appearance of perfection requires a great deal of time and energy and she has a lot more stress than someone her age should have. And jealousy is such a destructive and useless emotion. I think the advice Mia offered is just great - take your acting energy elsewhere and throw yourself into that. You sound very enthusiastic and I bet you'll be great! Also, the perfect pair may not have the perfect life that you imagine - I'll bet they have their share of troubles just like the rest of us. Good luck. From your last post, it sounds like you feel better already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter