Do tweens like Disney World?

I`m Eleven and I`m excited about the trip that we`re going to have soon!
This smile face thing you're about to see is what people who don`t want to go there do all day:surfweb: , yep, they would be computer zombies:scared1: ! Not really,:banana: , but if they were, :sad2: that`s enough! They would do better in booking a vacation and WDW would be best !:dance3: I have to go now, BYE!

I think it depends on what type of vacation your child likes too, i know for a fact that at 10/11 my brother wanted NOTHING to do with the beach and still could careless about it today and hes 20 but the "always on the go" theme at wdw seems to fit him even tho he is NEVER an early riser, amazingly he is when we are at wdw, he does tend to skip breakfast but always grabs something at the park later on before lunch. He also enjoys when we go out to Colorado to do the white water rafting and moutain biking but you couldnt pay him $ to go sit at the pool. Where as I love WDW but i love laying at a pool/beach and would do either vacation, I'm not really into the whole "nature thing" at colorado but WWR was amazing when I did it the few times we were there so the key is to find the vacation your child likes, afterall you dont want a cranky kid on your vacation!!

My 9y old loved it, can't wait for our next trip when she'll be 10.5 and even more looking forward to her Mommy and Me trip when she is 12. I think tweens do like Disney but of course there will always be exceptions to that rule, just like there are some adults that don't like Disney (gasp! the horror!).

Allyson

Many tweens and teens would prefer to mix it up with more thrilling stuff - Disney water parks, Seaworld (and/or Discovery Cove for a swim with dolphins) and Universal and Universal Islands of Adventure, which have more thrill type rides and older-age movie and toon tie-ins. SOME teens and tweens MAY NOT be into characters or "lame educational" stuff (like Epcot), but MK, AK and DS, particularly the rides, should still be a hit.

My dd was 11 last summer, and will be 12 this July when we go. Although I know anywhere else the last thing she wants to do is hang out with us - somehow it's okay at WDW ! :hippie:

Take them out of school for a week. When I was a tween, I'd be excited about going to visit "Aunt Mildred" if I got to travel AND miss school!:lmao:

I was 13 on my first trip and my brother was 10. We went with just our parents and spent the entire time with them (uh, I get lost really easily and since we had never been we didn't know our way around at all). We had an absolute blast. As others have said, it really depends on the kid. I loved all of the parks, Epcot included (this was before Soarin', Mission: Space, and I think Test Track - not sure about that though).

Well...............my niece is 12 and this year she just isn't all that excited about going to Disney :sad1: I know she will have a good time once we get there, but right now, she is kinda rolling her eyes about the trip...I took her when she was 10 and she was SO excited, but this year, I think she thinks it's sorta "uncool" :rolleyes: It's the age though and again, I know once we get there she'll have a good time. Yours will too. ;)

For the kid that's almost not a kid anymore, I know she'll be interested in WDW but I would focus less on kid rides and more on thrill rides (ex: Tot, RcRc, etc.) Plus, while you're planning for your next trip I would talk to your DD and ask her if there's something that she would like to do different on her trip. Maybe she can bring as friend with her on the trip and maybe they can be unsupervised for a few hours on her own instead of being "embarassed with her family."

Does anyone remember the big old hug my 13 year old son gave Mickey back in October? ;)
I believe it was at the same time that my 11 year old daughter threw her arms around Minnie :hug:
There is something about being at WDW that just makes everything fun! :yay:
That same son who will be 14 soon, can't wait to go back! We are in the process of planning our next trip! Both kids are excited to be going back! :banana:
I think that you all will have a great time...Happy planning! :dance3:

I was 10 the first time I went to DW w/ my mom. I am now 17 turning 18 in May and my mom and I have gone every year since for my b-day. I love DW. We are leaving next week for a next trip(;-) and we are already planning to go next year when I get out of college. I don't see how anyone can get tired of DW.

My daughter just turned 13 but has loved WDW all of her life. In fact,we allow her to take a friend every year and her friends love it too. This May,she and her cousin are graduating from the 7th grade and I'm bringing them as a graduation present. Some times,she would act blase' but once she gets there:cheer2:. I must add that we always include a few days at the Royal Pacific to take in Universal.

At the beginning of our trip last month, our 11 and 10 year old DDs announced that they didn't want to take their autograph books to the parks because it wouldn't be "cool" to meet the characters anymore now that they are "older". I ignored them and took them with us anyhow in my backpack, and lo and behold the minute they spotted Mickey they were running to him for a big hug and asking for their autograph books and pens:)))) I restrained myself (just barely) from saying I told you so:) They did a pretty good job filling up their books over the course of the two weeks.

Just further confirmation that you're never too "cool" or too old for WDW!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter