Do they verify kids' ages at Disney World?

lorivan11

Earning My Ears
My son just turned 10 which bumps him out of the "kids" age for many things. I don't care so much about the cost, but he'd really rather eat chicken fingers or mac and cheese than prime rib. Not sure what he'll think when he has to eat the adult meal while his sisters are getting kid food.

Is it possible to list him as a 9yr old? Again, I'm not trying to cheat the park out of $, more give the kid a kid-friendly vacation.

Even adults can order off the kids menu. I did it at least once during our last trip. I think that this would be the best option.

He can order off the kids menu even if he isn't a kid. But to answer your question, they don't verify except to ask his DOB when booking.

Even at meals like the Cinderella Castle dinner? Can I reserve saying I have 2 adults, a 10 (who wants to order a children's meal) and two 6s?

Even at meals like the Cinderella Castle dinner? Can I reserve saying I have 2 adults, a 10 (who wants to order a children's meal) and two 6s?

You can tell them if you want, but it won't matter either way. You need to make your reservation for 3 adults and 2 children. If, when you arrive, you order 5 children's meals and no adult meals on said reservation, the servers will take care of it. To keep the servers happy, you might want to make sure to tip according to adult pricing however. :thumbsup2

yep, you don't even have to say that when making your ADR's because they will charge you based on the age of the child, for buffets, DDP etc, but then if you want to order from the child menu it is fine. Lat year my 12 yo DD often ordered from the kids menu when on the DDP, it cost me an adult credit because that's what she is, but that's what I get for having a picky eater...

We did a CP dinner package once with dining at Rose and Crown. We booked as 4 adults, although the kids (11 & 12) would never eat an adult meal. DS and DD had meltdown at the table when they thought they had to order off the adult menu. I was none too pleased about paying for an adult meal when my kids were eating mac and cheese, but I didn't say anything. Later our waitress sent over her manager and he point blank told us he was going to see that we were credited back on our card for the difference between two adults to two children. I was like...yeah, right. We paid for this months ahead of time. Well...two weeks after we got home the credit DID show up. I don't think its Disney's intent to penalize people who have children over ten that aren't going to eat an adult meal. Say something and they may surprise you.

FWIW, at CRT in April, my 12 year old neice (paid as an adult) ordered off the kids menu and they just gave her a larger portion of it. (Chicken fingers) Honestly, it was more than she could eat and a regular kids' portion would have been fine. I'm guessing it was a gesture to give "more" of the kids' menu for those having to pay an adult fare.

At buffets and pre-paids you are stuck but at other TS you could choose to pay for a child's meal OOP and save his credit for an adult to use later. This will end up costing you more in the long run but at least you will get a better value from the plan. I would just deal with the fact that you he is 10 and that's just the way it is. I too will pay $14.99 not including drinks for my just turned 3 year old to eat one chicken strip and lick the icing off a cupcake at Cape May Clam Bake. I know that when she's nine she will make up for it.

Monica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter