Do they still have the Pirates and Princess parties?

sharona

DIS Veteran
I know they still have the Halloween and Christmas parties in the Fall and Winter months. We're going in the Spring. Last time there was a few years ago and we really enjoyed the low crowds and fun theme of the P&P party. I didn't see any special events noted on the website for MK in the Spring.

I know they still have the Halloween and Christmas parties in the Fall and Winter months. We're going in the Spring. Last time there was a few years ago and we really enjoyed the low crowds and fun theme of the P&P party. I didn't see any special events noted on the website for MK in the Spring.

No. I think it was that "low crowd" thing that did them in. It's a shame too. We love the hard ticketed parties, and I miss that one! I'd schedule a trip today if they brought that one back! The last one was in early June 08.

Unfortuantely not, they ended in 2008 and Disney got some of us all excited announcing dates for early 2009 and then they cancelled them. :(

I am still bummed that we missed out, we booked a trip on the tentative 2009 dates but cancelled when the parties were cut.

I miss the P&P parties too. Luckily we got to go to one in Jan 08 - we were all disappointed when they decided to stop having them.

I wish they would bring them back... of the parties we have attended, the Pirate and Princess was our favorite!

That is too bad! It was a lot of fun dressing up and having the run of the park w/ no waits.

That is too bad! It was a lot of fun dressing up and having the run of the park w/ no waits.

The "no waits" part is what did them in. No waits = no people! But can you blame most guests? The parties were just an excuse to squeeze almost an extra day's admission fee out of people who already paid a day's admission fee.

I am happy they got rid of the Pirates & Princess Parties because it was not fair to have the Magic Kingdom closing at 7:00 PM during the spring and summer months, when they already do that enough for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

it was the best party we went to. I wish they would bring a party like that low crowds and it was perfect weather when we went. Great parade and fireworks and character interaction. My son loved the dance parties.

The "no waits" part is what did them in. No waits = no people! But can you blame most guests? The parties were just an excuse to squeeze almost an extra day's admission fee out of people who already paid a day's admission fee.

I have to agree. People say "It was great, there were no crowds!". Well, if there were no crowds then Disney wasn't selling as many tickets as they liked and thus the parties may not have been profitable. Keeping an event like this and it not be profitable would not be a smart move for a company.

No they removed them because of low attendance. Guessing they will be brought back for POTC 4 this may

I hope P&P comes back. It was my favorite of the 3 special events at MK

I hope they bring it back too - it was our favorite party!! Perhaps they could bring it back and offer fewer dates to boost the crowds. We went in August and it was incredibly empty. You could walk onto any ride, including Space Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter