• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do they serve wine on the Magical Express? October 2011 --- We're back! TR started!

Congrats on deciding to do a full marathon! That's a great feat, and I bet you are going to have so much fun at WDW. I also thinks it's great that you're going to do it with your mom there. I'm planning a mother-daughter trip next May, and I'm starting to believe there's something extra magical about them.:goodvibes
Plus, annual passes...!:woohoo: Should make leaving on this upcoming trip a little bit easier. :laughing:

Good luck with the marathon! Congratulations on getting another trip in a few months. That's great, I'm jealous.:lmao:

Nice! 2 trips in a few months. I've been trying to figure out a reason to buy an annual pass for our up-coming trip, but I just couldn't make the $$$ work out since we are doing a Disney Cruise next year. Oh well...maybe 2013.

Congrats!

I am so excited for you!! Great plan on getting the annual pass, could have kicked myself for not getting one last September so it would have been good for our August trip:confused3 Full marathon??? Girl, you're my hero, I can't run to save my life....don't try to visualize it, it's not pretty:lmao:

Congrats on deciding to do a full marathon! That's a great feat, and I bet you are going to have so much fun at WDW. I also thinks it's great that you're going to do it with your mom there. I'm planning a mother-daughter trip next May, and I'm starting to believe there's something extra magical about them.:goodvibes
Plus, annual passes...!:woohoo: Should make leaving on this upcoming trip a little bit easier. :laughing:

Thank you :goodvibes I am so nervous to do it, but I am thinking the timing is about as good as it gets :thumbsup2

I think you are right, there is something great about spending time with mom as an adult where you can really appreciate the time together :goodvibes

I know I feel so cool getting an annual pass :cool1:

Good luck with the marathon! Congratulations on getting another trip in a few months. That's great, I'm jealous.:lmao:

Thanks :goodvibes I am really excited about the trip and feeling a little crazy about signing up for the race :rotfl:

Nice! 2 trips in a few months. I've been trying to figure out a reason to buy an annual pass for our up-coming trip, but I just couldn't make the $$$ work out since we are doing a Disney Cruise next year. Oh well...maybe 2013.

Congrats!

I've never been more than once within a year, so this is very exciting :goodvibes I am really hoping we can do a disney cruise soon, fingers crossed!! When are you going on the cruise?

I am so excited for you!! Great plan on getting the annual pass, could have kicked myself for not getting one last September so it would have been good for our August trip:confused3 Full marathon??? Girl, you're my hero, I can't run to save my life....don't try to visualize it, it's not pretty:lmao:

Thank you :goodvibes I feel like I am going to belong to some cool club with the annual pass :lmao:

I know I am pretty nuts, I don't even like to drive that far :rotfl:

We have still been doing theme nights once a week, I just have been terrible about updating the PTR with them :headache:

We have had a small streak of princess theme nights lately, not even planned that way, just worked out that way :thumbsup2...then again they were all my choices :rotfl:

The first was Little Mermaid

We had Fish (Tilapia) and Shells (Velveeta mac n cheese) for dinner to fit our theme night

SAM_0442.jpg

Cool cups that we picked up at Walmart they had all different Disney movie cups :goodvibes

SAM_0452.jpg

I LOVE this movie....the music is AWESOME :goodvibes I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but of course I remembered every line. Tim was lucky enough to meet the voice of Ariel, Jodi Benson, on a disney cruise last year :goodvibes

Next up was my FAVORITE Disney movie of all time...

Beauty and the Beast!!!!! I always wanted to be Belle, I loved that she is brunette like myself and loved books, etc. I have to say it is still one of my favorites and I really enjoyed watching it again :goodvibes

I didn't take any pictures of our food, but we ate chicken alfredo and made an apple caramel cake for dessert...yummy!! I did make Tim take a picture of the cool plates I found

SAM_0451.jpg

And last but not least and the most recently watched movie was Princess and the Frog!!! :goodvibes I really like this movie a lot, Tim wasn't expecting much, and he really enjoyed it! The music is so catchy, I promise you will be singing the songs after you watch it, at least we were and still are :goodvibes

2011-09-29_17-17-15_56.jpg

2011-09-29_17-17-01_290.jpg

I made a shrimp jumbalaya for dinner and we made a confetti cake for dessert, thats my favorite kind of cake (classy I know :rotfl:)

2011-09-29_18-40-13_774.jpg

Congrats on the AP's!

Love the Little Mermaid; we've not yet seen the Princess & the Frog but hope to catch it on a cold night when we get home.

I've never been more than once within a year, so this is very exciting :goodvibes I am really hoping we can do a disney cruise soon, fingers crossed!! When are you going on the cruise?

Our cruise isn't until Sept 2012!! Funny thing is that we booked the cruise before our upcoming WDW trip!! When I booked the cruise in April, I realized that a year and a half was way too long to wait for a vacation!! So somehow I talked DBF into squeezing in a WDW trip!

We really liked Princess and the Frog. We saw it in the theaters (trying to support animation and all) and were do happy we did! I bought the soundtrack immediately also!

I missed the update about the marathon! I'm glad you mentioned it on my trippie! Congratulations!!!!! My advice is to take your training seriously. The full is a whole new ballgame! I used Hal Higdon's novice training plan and felt like it prepared me well, but that training is brutal. By the end I was so tired of running and it was so time consuming (especially because I am slow.) It was completely worth it though! The full is such a fun race! You can definitely do it! Just make sure to put the training in. It makes all the difference on race day.

Shouldn't you have had lobster for The Little Mermaid theme night? :confused3 :lmao:

I know what you mean about Princess and the Frog. DW loves that movie and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I didn't expect much, but it really hit that sweet spot in the Disney animation department and the story and music really reminded me of those classic Disney animated movies. No frog legs? :confused3 They say it tastes like chicken. :rotfl2:

Great movie picks! Little Mermaid is my favorite princess movie, followed closely by Beauty and the Beast. I LOVED those Beast plates! Made me giggle.
Although Princess and the Frog isn't my favorite Disney movie, I love how authentic it is. I lived in Louisiana for about 2 years, and I was kind of surprised at how well Disney captured the Cajun culture. And the music really is catchy!

Oh this is just reminding me how busy we've been and although I didn't plan any real Disney themed nights I had planned on watching some of the movies by now. We did get out our DVDs (taken on our first trip) and watch, that was fun. Wish I knew how to make a video of them.

Congrats on needing the AP. Will you be able to take advantage of any discounts on this trip with it?

Congrats on the AP's!

Love the Little Mermaid; we've not yet seen the Princess & the Frog but hope to catch it on a cold night when we get home.

Thank you :goodvibes I think you will really enjoy Princess and the Frog...the music is really catchy :thumbsup2

Our cruise isn't until Sept 2012!! Funny thing is that we booked the cruise before our upcoming WDW trip!! When I booked the cruise in April, I realized that a year and a half was way too long to wait for a vacation!! So somehow I talked DBF into squeezing in a WDW trip!

We really liked Princess and the Frog. We saw it in the theaters (trying to support animation and all) and were do happy we did! I bought the soundtrack immediately also!

I don't blame you, nothing helps pass the time to a cruise like a WDW trip :thumbsup2

I really liked it even more the second time watching it, we are still singing some of the songs :rotfl:

I missed the update about the marathon! I'm glad you mentioned it on my trippie! Congratulations!!!!! My advice is to take your training seriously. The full is a whole new ballgame! I used Hal Higdon's novice training plan and felt like it prepared me well, but that training is brutal. By the end I was so tired of running and it was so time consuming (especially because I am slow.) It was completely worth it though! The full is such a fun race! You can definitely do it! Just make sure to put the training in. It makes all the difference on race day.

I am hoping I can do it alone, especially since I am so slow! I have a training team for the half I am doing in November and it sooooo nice to have others to train with (other people who are slow too :thumbsup2) I am going to take your advice and really stick to the training though!

Shouldn't you have had lobster for The Little Mermaid theme night? :confused3 :lmao:

I know what you mean about Princess and the Frog. DW loves that movie and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I didn't expect much, but it really hit that sweet spot in the Disney animation department and the story and music really reminded me of those classic Disney animated movies. No frog legs? :confused3 They say it tastes like chicken. :rotfl2:

We both work for the state here...more of a shrimp budget than lobster :lmao:

I am glad they went back to the older style of animation and didn't do the computer generated look like pixar. Actually we went to the Virginia state fair the other day and Tim tried frog legs :scared1: He said they tasted like chicken, I think they tasted like chicken with a hint of nasty :rotfl:

Great movie picks! Little Mermaid is my favorite princess movie, followed closely by Beauty and the Beast. I LOVED those Beast plates! Made me giggle.
Although Princess and the Frog isn't my favorite Disney movie, I love how authentic it is. I lived in Louisiana for about 2 years, and I was kind of surprised at how well Disney captured the Cajun culture. And the music really is catchy!

I love all the Disney movies that came out around that time, they are still my favorites and I couldn't resist on the plates :goodvibes

I am glad to hear they were accurate with it, I have never visited there, but after watching the movie I want to :goodvibes

Oh this is just reminding me how busy we've been and although I didn't plan any real Disney themed nights I had planned on watching some of the movies by now. We did get out our DVDs (taken on our first trip) and watch, that was fun. Wish I knew how to make a video of them.

Congrats on needing the AP. Will you be able to take advantage of any discounts on this trip with it?

Time really flies by I swear I can't believe it's October already!!

I actually was able to get a good discount on my room only booking for January with the AP :thumbsup2 so hopefully it will continue to pay off !

Cute Princess nights! I love your Ariel cup! Your trip is getting so close. So a couple things...

1. I hope you get to see Remy. We had a 5:20pm reservation last Friday and I didn't expect to see him so I was super surprised when he showed up and he was just too cute!

2. Congrats on the full marathon decision! You really do need a perfect timing situation and I'm glad you've found it! I can't wait to hear all the planning for that trip after your TR for this one. Oh, and I can't wait to plan our DIS meet! Even though I'll only be there for the half.

3. I noticed you said you booked your room already. I don't know what type of discount you got but Disney just release Annual Pass room only discounts that are pretty good. They'll let you go ahead and book it over the phone with that discount and then just show you AP at check in for proof. Might save you some money because I think they're slightly better than the general public discounts. IDK, might be worth looking into...

Cute Princess nights! I love your Ariel cup! Your trip is getting so close. So a couple things...

1. I hope you get to see Remy. We had a 5:20pm reservation last Friday and I didn't expect to see him so I was super surprised when he showed up and he was just too cute!

2. Congrats on the full marathon decision! You really do need a perfect timing situation and I'm glad you've found it! I can't wait to hear all the planning for that trip after your TR for this one. Oh, and I can't wait to plan our DIS meet! Even though I'll only be there for the half.

3. I noticed you said you booked your room already. I don't know what type of discount you got but Disney just release Annual Pass room only discounts that are pretty good. They'll let you go ahead and book it over the phone with that discount and then just show you AP at check in for proof. Might save you some money because I think they're slightly better than the general public discounts. IDK, might be worth looking into...

I thought of your DIS name when we were watching Little Mermaid and she was singing about the thingamabobs! :goodvibes

I really hope we get to see Remy too...our reservation is at 1pm and I think he makes an appearance around 140 or something along those lines, so fingers crossed!! I can't wait to read about your trip, I hope the wine and dine half was fun and I hope everything worked out great with your friends!!

I am SOOOO nervous that I am not going to finish the full marathon without getting swept, but I guess no better time to try than now :rotfl: I hope we get to see each other in January! (and its not "only" a half, a half is still crazy in my mind :rotfl:, then again you have been the half marathon pro this year!!)

I actually saw the discounts just a couple days ago I guess when they were first announced and called Disney right away from work :rotfl: They told me I could do the AP discount like you said and they updated our reservation at POP! We went from a standard room to a preferred room (only one they had with the discount) and saved around $130 overall...that made me SO happy :goodvibes that means more money to spend at the expo :thumbsup2

We made sure to do our single digit dance today when we woke up :cool1::banana::cool1: I am SO excited...after today, we only have 4 days of work next week with Monday off for the holiday (9 days total until our trip :thumbsup2)

We did our online check in yesterday at 6 am when we were getting ready for work..here is a word to the wise...don't do that ever :rotfl: We were both cranky, but hey we got it done!

Single Digit Dance!!!:cheer2::woohoo:

I just realized my cruise ships out the day before your WDW trip, so, I am all for sharing in a single digit countdown! :laughing:
(I also thinks it's kind of funny that you're checking out of Pop the day we're arriving there.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter