Do they move you around in your role? Or do you keep the same job/location?

edk35

DIS Veteran
I am curious if once you have your job...our daughter got Quick Service..will she work at ONE place or will they move her to other locations? I mean there are a lot of QS places in the parks, resorts, DTD. Just curious.

It's very unlikely that your DD will stay in once place during the whole program. Most everyone is moved around quite a bit as I've heard. That and CPs are allowed to pick up other shifts in different departments. So, if your DD is working in QSFB, she can probably try to pick up shifts in merch. or attractions if someone else hasn't already grabbed it.

It's very unlikely that your DD will stay in once place during the whole program. Most everyone is moved around quite a bit as I've heard. That and CPs are allowed to pick up other shifts in different departments. So, if your DD is working in QSFB, she can probably try to pick up shifts in merch. or attractions if someone else hasn't already grabbed it.

It really depends where she gets assigned whether or not she will move. I was QSFB for Main Street in the Magic Kingdom and never moved. People who are in very busy restaurants do not move. One of my roommates worked in Restaurantasaurus and got deployed for a few days, but mostly stayed put as well. Another roommate was food stands in MK and moved among a few QS locations. Also, you need to be trained to work in any fields. A QSFB person could not pick up a merchandise shift, or vice versa.

Well, of course if you're not trained in merch. then yeah, you can't work, but can you ask to be trained for another role?

You will most likely be deployed once or twice during your program. Deployments are usually 1-2 weeks at a time. Although, you will remain at your original location throughout your program.

Sometimes they move you around for good, but they'll tell you upfront towards the beginning of your program. My roommate was QSFB at Hollywood Studios and then was told he was going to be moved to Typhoon Lagoon. Towards the moving date they told him he could either say at Hollywood Studios or move to Typhoon for the remainder of his program.

Well, of course if you're not trained in merch. then yeah, you can't work, but can you ask to be trained for another role?

No, as a CP, you just stay in the role you are given. The won't train you outside of it.

As already mentioned, it depends on your original location. In her first program my DD was located at Beach Club Marketplace. She worked there the entire first month and then the deployments started. She worked at Carribbean, All Stars, Port Orleans, Beaches and Cream, etc. She was deployed for most of the time until the very end when she ended up back at Beach Club for her last week. One of her roommates who as QSFB at Epcot rarely got deployed. Her roommate who was QSFB originally at Typhoon Lagoon was moved permantly to Epcot Outdoor Foodcarts once TL closed for rehab. It all depends.

Hi! Hypotheical I am in merch for spring 2012, now I know i am know I can move around quite alot in this job, but was wondering if it ever happens that i could pick up extra shifts in like attrations or character attendent.

Hi! Hypotheical I am in merch for spring 2012, now I know i am know I can move around quite alot in this job, but was wondering if it ever happens that i could pick up extra shifts in like attrations or character attendent.

Unfortunately, those are the types of roles you have to be trained on to pick up a shift. They simply wont let you unless you are.

There *is* a way to pick up a shift outside your role and that is if it's a PAC shift (Parade Audience Control. Those are the cast members that make sure the parade route is clear) or if it's a Party shift, like handing out candy for MNSSHP.

There *might* be some other shifts outside your role that you can pick up if it says there's no other training required. The employee website (The Hub) will always specify.

Also, I did meet people that were just QSFB trained and were able to pick up Merch shifts because both roles are trained on the same register system so technically you could just work the register but the website makes sure that shifts are available first to the people who are trained on the role and only after it hasn't been filled for a while will people from another role be able to pick it up.

Sorry for the long reply but I hope it helps. :goodvibes

It really depends where she gets assigned whether or not she will move. I was QSFB for Main Street in the Magic Kingdom and never moved. People who are in very busy restaurants do not move. One of my roommates worked in Restaurantasaurus and got deployed for a few days, but mostly stayed put as well. Another roommate was food stands in MK and moved among a few QS locations. Also, you need to be trained to work in any fields. A QSFB person could not pick up a merchandise shift, or vice versa.

Reppin' da Street :cool1:

I work Mainstreet North. ;)

Yeah, once your Quick Service...You'll stay Quick Service, but like others have said before you can pick up shifts at other QS Restaurants or Parade and Audience Control.

Reppin' da Street :cool1:

I work Mainstreet North. ;)

Yeah, once your Quick Service...You'll stay Quick Service, but like others have said before you can pick up shifts at other QS Restaurants or Parade and Audience Control.

Holla! :rotfl:

i was qsfb for concessions at the wide world of sports and for about a month, i got deployed(there weren't many sporting events going on) to epcot in future land, it was such a shock to me LOL they work you for like 10 days in a row! and if it wasn't epcot, then it was blizzard beach for lunch

Once you are offered a role and accept it, that is that. I just completed a program and the only people I know that changed roles were the ones who extended their programs, and even that is not a guarantee of getting a role change approval. I was a Merchandise CP, and had the opportunity to pick up many extra shifts in many locations (parks, resorts, DTD) because I was Matra-trained(register). It is possible to work QSFB because you are handling the transactions on the register. As far as going between ( let's say...Merchandise and Attractions), it is simply not done as one would not have the necessary training to operate an attraction if they were not trained to do so. As mentioned before, you could pick up a Parade Control shift for something new. I once picked up a Screaming Fans shift, where I screamed for hours on the red carpet for a special event. Those are fun. Hope this is helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter