• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do they clear out the park for people who dont have a ticket to MVMCP

The last time we went to MVMCP was in 07 and we saw alot of people not wearing braclets, some of the CM'S werent even checking on rides

A family in front of us on Space Mtn just acted like they didn't even hear the CM as to check for braclets and then laughed about it once they got thru
Really ticked me off, being I spent good money for my family to attend
I wouldn't dream of trying to "sneak in"

I too think Disney needs to go back to the old way

A family in front of us on Space Mtn just acted like they didn't even hear the CM as to check for braclets and then laughed about it once they got thru

I'd have to say that in our experience, they've really cracked down in this regard. We've gone the last 2 years in a row and have always been asked for our wristbands at EVERY attraction.

I'd have to say that in our experience, they've really cracked down in this regard. We've gone the last 2 years in a row and have always been asked for our wristbands at EVERY attraction.

Glad to hear it, I was not happy at all
My hot Italian temper was in action

:goodvibes

Your informed decision should entitle you to attend the party from 7pm until 12am. Just as party goers don't want non paying guests at the party, regular park ticket holders should not have to deal with people with only party tickets in the park before 7pm. It's not a shorter day issue, it's a what goes for one should go for the other issue. Regular park ticket holders leave at posted closing hour, party ticket holders enter at time on their ticket, 7PM. That is what you paid your $55 for, a hard ticket event that is from 7pm to 12am. As for your question should Disney cancel all hard ticket events, my answer would be no, but they should be run in a way that event non ticket holders are not in the park at the start of the event, and event ticket holders are not in the park during regular hours.

I understand what you are saying. However, my "Informed" decision was based on Disney policy not one of my own. This being said, until Disney changes their rules regarding party goers entering the park early or closing the park entirely to clear out the park, then my initial response still stands. I made my decision based on Disney policy not my own! Also, having Park Hopper Passes for my entire stay I am still entitled to be in the MK anytime throughout the day I wish, until 7:00pm at which time my "Party Ticket" for MVMCP would kick in. Those who did not purchase Hard Tickets only have the right to be in the MK til 7:00pm not one minute later.
IMHO

I will not "preach to the choir" about our responsability as consumers.

Prepare to be upset.

We attended on a Tues in early Dec. it was a sell out and they did a horrible job of getting the cheaters out.

We saw tons of folks without wristbands at shows, on the parade route, and watching fireworks.

It was a crowded mess.

Hmm, actually more civil than I expected.

Personally, I this issue didn't matter that much to me. I would think the simple solution is to just avoid the parties if it does bother you. Last year we had several chances to attend parites, and we didn't. Crowds were relatively low overall, so it didn't make much sense to shell out that much money when we could go to Epcot's emh instead.

Now E-ride nights were a differnet matter. I'd gladly shell out $10 for the extra hours and low crowds of e-ride nights.

Prepare to be upset.

We attended on a Tues in early Dec. it was a sell out and they did a horrible job of getting the cheaters out.

We saw tons of folks without wristbands at shows, on the parade route, and watching fireworks.

It was a crowded mess.

This system is causing so many hard feelings. I hope someone at Disney is reading these discussions and looking into making a change. Obviously, there is a lot of very serious bitterness towards non-party-goers who stay without paying. For the parades and such, I can understand, but I can't understand some of the attitudes about the day visitors being out by 7 PM and not a minute later. On party nights, the park is listed as closing at 7 PM. Most everything I've ever read says Main Street stays open 1/2 hour after the stated park closing time. But not on party nights - on party nights, people apparently can't use many of the bathrooms after 6 PM and are being pushed out of the park early.

I'm going to be a day visitor, not a party-goer, and I find myself getting increasingly annoyed at party-goers being advised (on various threads) to make dinner reservations at MK for 4 PM or 4:30 PM so they'll finish eating and have a while at the park before the party starts, that they don't have to "waste" a park day on MK admission since they can get in so early. You've got all these people making ADRs in the park so, heaven forbid, eating doesn't interfere with their party and they'll have bonus ride time before the party starts while the folks who have "wasted" a day on MK admission struggle to get a place to eat and get pushed out early.

And then there's the directive that goes something like "well, if you don't like it, just pick a different day to go", which is really just mean-spirited. Sometimes it's not that easy, and Disney makes it even more difficult when they have so many parties during one week's time.

Note that I don't have any bitterness for the party-goers who take full advantage of the current system because it IS a pretty darn good deal and would be tough not to take advantage of. I'm upset with the system that's in place that makes SO many people feel like they're getting ripped off (which in some ways, they are).

I don't know why they let party-goers in so early. I've heard it's to ease the "congestion", but it doesn't seem logical to me that they need 3 hours for that. And I don't understand why they stopped closing the park for an hour to make sure it was cleared out. The latter would stop party-goers from being upset about others' staying, but then they'd lose out on getting in so early and not having to "waste" a park admission day.

Who knows? Maybe it all ends up evening out in the end. :confused3

If I saw someone sneaking on rides without a wristband, I would rat them out. Zero tolerance policy.

I do feel badly for non-party goers, as party time approaches they are treated like second class citizens.

However my sympathy goes out the window when I see folks lined up for parades, shows, and fireworks with no armband or when I see folks ducking into stores or bathrooms to avoid being checked.

There is no excuse for being in the park more than 1/2 hour past close if you don't have a party ticket. There are signs posted everywhere that MK is closing at 6pm for a party, in addition to announcements made over the PA, and cast members making announcements. The parade, shows, and fireworks are for party guests period.

If $$$ is the issue, then everyone exiting after 7:30pm should have to pay at the door! I know this would not happen, just thinking out loud here.

It is a 5 hour event ($50pp) so, they could charge $10 for every hour later that you leave the park without having paid to be there already.

I bet then everyone would get out at the appropriate time!

I don't know why they let party-goers in so early. I've heard it's to ease the "congestion", but it doesn't seem logical to me that they need 3 hours for that. And I don't understand why they stopped closing the park for an hour to make sure it was cleared out. The latter would stop party-goers from being upset about others' staying, but then they'd lose out on getting in so early and not having to "waste" a park admission day.

Who knows? Maybe it all ends up evening out in the end. :confused3
Interesting that CM's are trying to get regular visitors to leave early at the same time that they are letting party goers in early. If I were more negative, I'd wonder if they weren't trying to ease this congestion at the expense of the day visitor.

The last party I went to was in 2007. I vowed then to never go again. It was a Christmas party, on a Sunday night. Main ST was totally packed with non paying guests. The rest of the park was OK. I was livid, since we could never get to Main St after the 7:00 showing of Mickey's Night Before Christmas. We did not go last year and did not miss it one bit. We did go to MK on a Saturday afternoon to see Mickey's Twas the Night Before. Glad we did this, since they have axed it. I did write them after my experience. I got a nice explanation, etc. The response to my crowd complaint was to schedule more parties!! Be careful what you complain about. Does anyone remember a thread from last year about the # of guests that exited after the parade and fireworks? It was posted by someone who worked there, I think. There were like 50,000 who exited and not that many tickets were even sold to the party. Make no mistake, Disney knows exactly what is going on. Last Christmas, we were at the MK to see the castle lighting on a party night. There were several groups I overheard that were making their plans of where to "hide" until the parade and fireworks. I am all for following the rules, but it almost becomes a moot point when Disney will not address the problem.

I understand what you are saying. However, my "Informed" decision was based on Disney policy not one of my own. This being said, until Disney changes their rules regarding party goers entering the park early or closing the park entirely to clear out the park, then my initial response still stands. I made my decision based on Disney policy not my own! Also, having Park Hopper Passes for my entire stay I am still entitled to be in the MK anytime throughout the day I wish, until 7:00pm at which time my "Party Ticket" for MVMCP would kick in. Those who did not purchase Hard Tickets only have the right to be in the MK til 7:00pm not one minute later.
IMHO

I will not "preach to the choir" about our responsability as consumers.

I almost agree with you 100% My argument, from the beginning, is that both sides have legitimate gripes and I don't think that the gripes of the regular park ticket holders are voiced enough. You say that it's Disney's policy that allows you to enter at 4pm, and then state that anyone without Hard Tickets should be out of the Park not a minute later then 7pm. Let's take a look at Disney's closing policy. As I understand it attractions stay open until closing time. So when I make my decision to visit MK, with a posted closing time of 7pm, I expect attractions to be open until then. So if I get in line for Splash Mountain at 6:55pm, and it has a 45 minute wait, I won't be exiting the Park at 7pm. I believe the policy is if your in line before closing time you ride. As other posters have stated, the only solution is to is to have a gap between closing time and the event starting time. Day people leave, park is closed, event ticket holders come in either at start time or before into a holding area.

I almost agree with you 100% My argument, from the beginning, is that both sides have legitimate gripes and I don't think that the gripes of the regular park ticket holders are voiced enough. You say that it's Disney's policy that allows you to enter at 4pm, and then state that anyone without Hard Tickets should be out of the Park not a minute later then 7pm. Let's take a look at Disney's closing policy. As I understand it attractions stay open until closing time. So when I make my decision to visit MK, with a posted closing time of 7pm, I expect attractions to be open until then. So if I get in line for Splash Mountain at 6:55pm, and it has a 45 minute wait, I won't be exiting the Park at 7pm. I believe the policy is if your in line before closing time you ride. As other posters have stated, the only solution is to is to have a gap between closing time and the event starting time. Day people leave, park is closed, event ticket holders come in either at start time or before into a holding area.

Point taken!

But what is the answer that will keep everybody Happy!

Point taken!

But what is the answer that will keep everybody Happy!

The answer is they need to go back to the old way.Close the park at 6pm or 7pm to everyone, Clear it and then let only party guests in at 7p or 8p.I have gone to the parties and don't understand this 4pm crap either.:confused3 There was nothing wrong with the old way, except Disney wasn't making out financially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter