Do they Check

missmun52

DIS Veteran
I am going to disney with my DS (1yr) and requested a special cleaning, non smoking and a room with a frdige at pop.

Do they check for the medication when you check in??

I am thinking about taking DS perscription with me and getting it filled there so I dont have to carry it with an ice pack on the plane. I have had to do this but i usually would take out the required dose and just Put that in a small cooler baby bag with an ice pack, i dont feel safe about doing it with the entire bottle.

They do not check that you actually have medicaitons.

However, before worrying about getting the prescription filled once you are at WDW you should ask several questions (of yourself). How do you expect to get to a pharmacy to get the prescription? What if the pharmacy you go to does not have the item in stock? How much time will you be spending trying to get the prescription while you are down here. Do you normally deal with a chain pharmacy that could work with one near WDW so the prescription could be temporarily transferred and they would have it ready for you?

Also how big is the bottle the medication comes in? And how strong does it appeaar to be?

I take Byetta, which is very temperature sensitive. When I travel, including by air, I will put the entire package, as well as my insulin bottles, in a bubble wrap bag and then place it into an insulated, soft-side cooler whith two or three gel packs in it.

I think some of these questions/comments need to be thought through by you before you make any firm decisions about what you will do.

I did not really think about these things but now I am going to. I think i may need to ask the pharmacy about taking it in the cooler and see what they say, that will probably be the best way to go because i would not have a car and would have to take a taxi back and forth to get the medication.

Also i just remembered that not all pharmacies carry this particular medication as i had to go to three different ones to get one that carried it (CVS).

Thanks

Just my thoughts:

1. Are you using ME or a private company to get from the airport to the hotel? Most private companies include a "grocery stop'--you can make yours a med stop.

2. I agree with calling a pharmacy to make sure they carry the med--I just got back, had an issue and had a rx called in while in FL and then tried to have it pulled and filled at Walgreens. 4 Walgreens in the Disney area and not one carried the med. Had to wait a day for it to be ordered.

3. Will a Florida pharmacy fill an out of State of rx if the doctor is not licensed in Fl? (I've never tried so don't know)

4. Is there a possibility if there are flight delays you may need the med either at an airport or inflight? In that case you would need to have some with you just in case.

If you worried about the medication possibly going "bad" by getting too warm on the way down. Maybe for that refill the pharmacy can put it in 2 seperate containers. That way the whole month isn't ruined. You will just have to deal with it down there, but will be good to go when you get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter