• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do these ADRs sound good?

akakaty

Earning My Ears
It's my BF and my first time to WDW (we are so excited!) Anyways...I think I have made all of my ADRs for the trip and I just wanted some advice from the veterans!

Some info about us...He's a software engineer and super techy. He loves thrill rides and that was one of the main reasons why he suggested we go to WDW. He's not really a picky eater (seriously, he could eat the same thing everyday and be fine with it :rotfl2:) and food isn't really a top priority for him...But something that he enjoys.
I'm a chef at a major hotel chain and food is probably going to be my favorite part of the trip, or at least I hope so...I have been to Disneyland about a billion times so Disney has always been a favorite part of my childhood. I'm not too terribly picky about what I eat either...But I do know what good food is so I'm not huge on the chicken nuggets and mac n' cheese...

So that being said here is what I have planned:
Day 1 (arrival)- Le Cellier (Dinner)
Day 2-Chef Mickey's (Breakfast) & Boma (Dinner)
Day 3-50's Primetime Cafe (Lunch) & Hollywood Brown Derby (Dinner)
Day 4-1900 Park Fare (Breakfast)
Day 5-Crystal Palace (Lunch) & Be Our Guest (Dinner)
Day 6- Tusker House (Lunch) & California Grill (Dinner)
Day 7- Cinderella's Royal Table (Breakfast)
Day 8 (depart)- Ohana (Breakfast)

Something of note...We are on the DxDP so the amount of credits doesn't seem to be a problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :worship:

I think it sounds great and you've got a lot of our favorites in there. We're trying the Hollywood Brown Derby ourselves this coming trip.

It's my BF and my first time to WDW (we are so excited!) Anyways...I think I have made all of my ADRs for the trip and I just wanted some advice from the veterans!

Some info about us...He's a software engineer and super techy. He loves thrill rides and that was one of the main reasons why he suggested we go to WDW. He's not really a picky eater (seriously, he could eat the same thing everyday and be fine with it :rotfl2:) and food isn't really a top priority for him...But something that he enjoys.
I'm a chef at a major hotel chain and food is probably going to be my favorite part of the trip, or at least I hope so...I have been to Disneyland about a billion times so Disney has always been a favorite part of my childhood. I'm not too terribly picky about what I eat either...But I do know what good food is so I'm not huge on the chicken nuggets and mac n' cheese...

Something of note...We are on the DxDP so the amount of credits doesn't seem to be a problem.

Looks good, just be aware of timing. Since you are doing a lot of lunch and dinners (particularly Day 5 and Day 6 with big buffet lunches, I would make sure dinner is much later). Also, we like Tusker House for breakfast or brunch.
Also, consider travel around WDW....waaaaay differentfrom DL.
Day 1: Make sure you have plenty of time to get to the Le Cellier dinner so you are not penalized.
Day 2: Chef Mickey and Boma are VERY far apart. Have you worked out how you are getting to both of these? Where are you staying? Also, we have never been to Jiko and we like Boma...but if you are a chef and you have credits, you might appreciate Jiko more
Day 3: Looks good-in one park
Day 4: 1900 PF is good if you are going to MK or Epcot that day, if you have credits, I would add a dinner on this day
Day 5: Looks good-in one park
Day 6: Looks like AK in the morning/afternoon, which probably closes earlier, so a later dinner at CA Grill would be nice
Day 7: Great for MK day
Day 8: Good choice if you are going to MK/Epcot or staying at the Poly

Looks fantastic!! You have an awesome trip planned! :thumbsup2

But since you said he is a software engineer/techy, I would recommend looking in to Sci-Fi Dine-In for lunch on Day 3 instead of 50's Primetime. It is also at Hollywood Studios, which is where I assume you are spending that day. There is a huge movie screen and they show clips of old science fiction films. My husband really enjoyed it. :goodvibes

So funny, I have a lot of the same restaurants planned for my March trip, and I'm on the deluxe plan too. I'm most looking forward to California Grill and the Brown Derby.
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014

It looks like you'll be staying for 7 nights, so you'll have 21 credits per person to work with. Your list only accounts for 16, so you have 5 more to use at other meals/locations. I'm guessing some of those will be QS meals or off-site meals on days when you only one meal listed. That being said, some suggestions/thoughts...

Day 2 - I second the suggestion to think about substituting Jiko for Boma. Boma has lots of variety (and some really good items), but Jiko is amazing. The food is excellent, as is the atmosphere and service. This is also because on the DxDP, you get an appetizer and Jiko has really good ones.

Day 3 - depending on your plans, I would consider having a HBD lunch (same menu all day) and/or the Fantasmic Dining package and then plan a late dinner over at Flying Fish or one of the other Epcot Resorts.

Given that you're on the DxDP, I would look at the Signature restaurants for dinner. Most of those have excellent food, and some outstanding appetizers.

We have eaten in at almost every TS restaurant in WDW and, especially since you have the Deluxe Dining Plan, I am going to suggest you may want to do some more signature restaurants!! Here are my thoughts:

Day 1: Le Cellier is great! You may want to consider Monsieur Paul as well - it's EXCELLENT. Probably the best meal we have ever had inside EP.

Day 2: Chef Mickey's is fun, but don't expect great food. If you want to have breakfast with characters, go for it. If not, you may want to consider breakfast at Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe or The Wave or head over to Kouzzina on the Boardwalk. Boma is fine, but Jiko is EXCELLENT - again, one of the best meals we've had on WDW property.

Day 3: Hollywood Brown Derby is fabulous. The other restaurants in DHS are a bit lacking. I liked the PP's suggestion of switching to Sci-Fi, the food isn't great, but the atmosphere is awesome.

Day 4: 1900 Park Fare, again really cute with characters, food is typical buffet fare. For a better breakfast, try Kona (fabulous breakfast), GF Cafe, Wave or Kouzzina.

Day 5: CP lunch, cute characters, mediocre food. Be Our Guest is nice, great atmosphere. food isn't great. The food in MK just isn't very good unfortunately.

Day 6: Tusker House, cute characters and one of the best, most interesting buffets. Cali Grill - great choice, great atmosphere

Day 7: CRT - food isn't great but it's in the Castle!!

Day 8: O'Hana - food is very salty. Unless you love Stitch, I would consider switching this to something else as you are already seeing Mickey and Pluto at Chef Mickey's and Mickey at Tusker. Kona has a fabulous breakfast.

Other great restaurants you may want to consider (I see you don't have dinner planned on a few days) - Citrico's in GF and Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. They are both excellent and you have the dining credits so why not use them on some great food!

Thanks so much guys! I might need to be changing some ressies!
I should probably take a look at location more...Hmmmm.
Thanks for all the help! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter