Do the "ways" of Disney still work in the Parks.

BobbyDukes

Mouseketeer
Recently had a conversation with a middle aged man who is going to WDW soon. He was extremely excited to take his friends and family on Rise of the Resistance. This man has been a DVC member for 20 years but really hasnt been at the parks in 8 years ( he didn't know what "Flight of Passage" was). I began to tell him about the whole boarding pass system to get onto the Rise of Resistance ride and the process of how to get a boarding pass. He was turned off by my advise that he then brushed me away and states "I know tons of people down there, I get everyone on no problem when I show up to Hollywood Studios. I have been doing this for twenty years" I kind of shook my head in amazement that he said this and walked away as well.

Do people still think they can "know" someone, pass around some cash (without the super WDW tours), "get hooked up" on the most popular rides in Disney History???? I get that some people have family that work for Disney and or maybe they do those private tours, but really this whole "old School" way of getting around WDW just doesn't exist in my eyes anymore (or really ever)

I just think this guy was boasting his "experience at Disney" up to impress me.

I don't know. I do think that no matter where you go, there will always be someone who knows someone who can work magic. It is just how it is, and as much as I would like to believe WDW ids different, I rather doubt that it is. Several years ago my nephew was dating a girl who he believe might be "the one" so he asked my sister to have a family meal to introduce her parents, and asked that my husband and I be included. The father had some high level corporate position with one of the Disney related companies, and after conversing for a bit he told me to call him whenever we traveled to WDW. He would "take care of us"

I firmly believe that given the position he held, he had the clout to do so, however I chose not to take him up on his offer. Thank goodness because the relationship did not work out, and while I am still FB friends with the ex GF, I am very glad I do not feel beholden to the family.

If I was provided an opportunity to be given an "in" I think other people are as well. I do believe most people would probably not share that info though, or they at least should not.

I recently went back to Disney after an absence of nearly 2 decades - and it was a whole new experience. Granted, the last time I went was shortly after 9/11 - and people were afraid to fly, Disney was laying off CM's and I went at the annual lowest crowds as it was. Disney has added a lot of new hotel rooms - and the parks have not grown at the same rate. The new tower at Coronado Springs will only make it worse. That man will be in for a very rude awakening - unless like your friend has connections that will allow him the same access as purchasing those expensive tours. After 8 years are his connections still valid? Do the people he knew still work there and are they still in a position to get him to cut in line?

I recently went back to Disney after an absence of nearly 2 decades - and it was a whole new experience. Granted, the last time I went was shortly after 9/11 - and people were afraid to fly, Disney was laying off CM's and I went at the annual lowest crowds as it was. Disney has added a lot of new hotel rooms - and the parks have not grown at the same rate. The new tower at Coronado Springs will only make it worse. That man will be in for a very rude awakening - unless like your friend has connections that will allow him the same access as purchasing those expensive tours. After 8 years are his connections still valid? Do the people he knew still work there and are they still in a position to get him to cut in line?

I think from the post it seemed to me he has stayed out of the parks for 8 years, but still used his resort. WIth that said, his connection would have to be pretty darn sweet to get that kind of consideration for ROTR. I read that even Plaids cannot get a "FP" for their groups on any of the GE attractions.

Is it possibel? Sure. There is always someone who knows someone, but I know that even if I thought I was pretty darn special, I owuld not count on the GE attractions to be part of any perk granted to me. Now to figure out how to be special......

A little off topic; but this thread got me thinking if Club 33 members are getting any special access to ROTR?

I think from the post it seemed to me he has stayed out of the parks for 8 years, but still used his resort. WIth that said, his connection would have to be pretty darn sweet to get that kind of consideration for ROTR. I read that even Plaids cannot get a "FP" for their groups on any of the GE attractions.

Is it possibel? Sure. There is always someone who knows someone, but I know that even if I thought I was pretty darn special, I owuld not count on the GE attractions to be part of any perk granted to me. Now to figure out how to be special......
This dude had no idea you can use the MyDsneyexperience for anything and thought you had to stand at the old Fastpass Kiosks in the park to get fast passes. Just have a hard time understanding why people act like they "know people" and boast or brag about it.

This dude had no idea you can use the MyDsneyexperience for anything and thought you had to stand at the old Fastpass Kiosks in the park to get fast passes. Just have a hard time understanding why people act like they "know people" and boast or brag about it.

I understand. You did ask if it was possible that the "old" ways can still work, and I shared my opinion that they work just about everywhere for someone. Will it work for this guy? Who knows? He may be that guy who hangs ar his DVC villa and who has known the management for years and years, and has made connections. I know that if I had those connections and thought that they would translate to priviledged access to anything, let alone ROTR, I would never tell a soul. IMO, that is a surefire way to have that connection severed in a heartbeat.

Exactly how I feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter