Do the train cars rock back and forth on the Mine Train?

hookedonears

Louisianan
Our daughter went with a friend last year about this time, and said that the cars on the train were fixed and did not rock back and forth. I didn't know if that was just an issue with that one particular train on that day, or is it something they have or haven't corrected?

They should still swing as normal. It could have been an issue I suppose, but not a permanent change.

They do, but you will only really feel/notice it depending on where you are sitting. We always sit in the back and always notice it swaying. The middle, not as much, and the front we have noticed. I wonder if thats what it was maybe?

I was very disappointed when I rode. Thought swaying was supposed to be a big feature of the ride but I couldn't really feel anything.

Thanks for the responses. Our daughter was very disappointed in it. She said it's nothing more than the goofy roller coaster. I told her that it wasn't supposed to be a thrill ride, that is was designed for small children as well. She said she knew, but was still disappointed.

Thanks for the responses. Our daughter was very disappointed in it. She said it's nothing more than the goofy roller coaster. I told her that it wasn't supposed to be a thrill ride, that is was designed for small children as well. She said she knew, but was still disappointed.
It is VERY short too, that is my only issue with it. Wish they could've made it longer. And that is why I would never wait stand-by for it and only ride with a fastpass. The stand-by gets ridiculous. But it is such a smooth ride and I love the theming.

The amount of rocking you experience is totally dependent on where you sit.
I forget now which rocks more, front or back but one is very significant and the other not very much.
I think it's the back that rocks and the front that barely does

So if I'm prone to motion sickness, the middle cars would be best for me? Im actually very relieved, was nervous when I found out they rocked!

They do rock however it is on the subtle side. It doesn't swing as much as you might think. We have ridden it a few times since its opening and felt that in 2015 it seemed more noticable than prior trips. We also felt that if you are towards the middle of the train you feel it more. I guess it is possible something was wrong at the time she rode it.

I was very disappointed when I rode. Thought swaying was supposed to be a big feature of the ride but I couldn't really feel anything.

That's the idea. The "swaying" is used to counter the force of gravity so you don't get smooshed to the side of the car like you do on say Thunder Mountain. As you go around a turn the car you are in swings out so gravity is pulling you down into your seat making for a smooth ride.

You can also try to rock it yourself. My husband can rock it pretty well, :crazy2: which makes me ill.

Oops, I'm guilty of this too:teeth: When we're at a standstill (usually near the dwarfs cottage) I try to get our train rockin'. Part of the reason I do this is because I don't think most people know they rock side-to-side. The other part is because I'm about an 8 yr. old boy when I'm at WDW. :earsboy:

Oops, I'm guilty of this too:teeth: When we're at a standstill (usually near the dwarfs cottage) I try to get our train rockin'. Part of the reason I do this is because I don't think most people know they rock side-to-side. The other part is because I'm about an 8 yr. old boy when I'm at WDW. :earsboy:
You're just like my husband. :eek: I prefer to ride with one of my kids and I actually try not to ride with my husband. I think his goal in life is to make me sick. :hyper:

Thinking about it, I bet the weight of the passengers in the car might play into it some too. I've always noticed the swinging though and like the way it pins you to your seat rather than to the sides. I have not purposely tried to make it swing.

Last edited:
We rock our car, and it can really get going!
Another factor is if you and your seat partner are the same/similar weight, it won't rock as much. If the car is off balance, it swings a lot more.

Thinking about it, I bet the weight of the passengers in the car might play into it some too. I've always noticed the swinging though and like the way it pins you to your seat rather than to the sides. I have not purposely tried to make it swing.

It was daughter - 5-4 maybe 100 lbs, and boyfriend 6-3 200+ lbs. I think they tried to rock it.

It was daughter - 5-4 maybe 100 lbs, and boyfriend 6-3 200+ lbs. I think they tried to rock it.

I dunno. I know the cars are locked for loading and unloading. It's possible the locking mechanism got stuck on that car. I would think that might set off some kind of sensor and scrub the ride though, but I don't know. Just a theory.

Seems like everyone is reporting that they do still swing so I think it was a one-off incident.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter