Do the characters mind? *~Best character interaction stories~*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butthead example- When I approached the line to the Jack and Sally meet and greet at the Halloween party, the CM at the front of the line was dancing to the music they had playing through the park. If you've ever been to the party, you know its more dance music or dance mixes of things rather than the typical park music. He was getting his groove on while people completely ignored him, got in line anyway or walked past distracted by something else. I walked up to him to get in line, said "Let's do this" and danced with him for about a minute.

The first time we did CP breakfast we were at the end of the larger dining room and waited impatiently for up to 25 minutes for the character to weave round the tables full of little kids, sign autographs and have photos taken. So, you can imagine how angry we were that it was a photo with DD and a very quick 'oh all right then' photo with me before they were gone. This happened with all four characters; it took nearly 2 hours to see all four of them and we didn't get out into the park until nearly 10.30am, by which time the park was heaving.

Fast forward to this year when DD and I had breakfast there again - again on my birthday (which is Valentines Day) and again the weekend of Presidents Day. It couldn't have been more different. We were the first table on the left hand side, the place was actually very quiet. The characters all came round in quick succession and spent time with us. In fact, they came round a second time before we'd finished!

We also had good interraction with the characters at Chef Mickeys (where we had dinner on our last night), and didn't feel rushed at all.

The most chaotic was 1900 Park Fayre on our first night, where Prince Charming seemed to skirt right round our table and then disappear for 15 minutes! He did come back, but it was an awkward 'meet' as we didn't know what to say to him. The best interraction was with the two ugly sisters, who were funny, cheeky and seemed to keep gravitating back to us! When the opening line is, "So ... what do YOU hate about Cinderella?" it does make for a fun few minutes! I also complimemted Lady Tremayne on her plastic surgeon as I said she looked amazing and I couldn't believe she had two grown up daughters! (The woman playing her was far too young for the role).

I have a 30-minute rule, though: I refuse to queue for more than 30 minutes to meet a character. By the time you've queued up to see half a dozen, that's your day gone!

That is sad; but it can be changed ! Make sure your son takes the lead and this way the characters will know he is into them: say a line from a movie, ask a question about the character that is little known, kennythepirate 's website has wonderful suggestions for character interaction that may help.

Yes, I told my kids this tip and it works. They had good interactions with Gaston and Peter Pan, especially. A lot of fun.

I think some of our best interactions have been with Peter Pan.

Once my son was wearing his fighting Illini shirt with the Indian Chief on it and Peter Pan used it to start a conversation. This past trip, my DD was wearing her Peter Pan hat she found at The Charpeau on Main Street. Not only did PP love the hat but we had so many guests stop us in the parks and asked us where we got it.

Here is Peter Pan's reaction when he first saw my son's shirt ---

And here he is interacting with my son and DD about Indians.

Here are my kids with Peter Pan in 2009

And again with Peter Pan in 2014

I think Peter Pan was the same person each time. Notice how much my DD grew between our trips! She did have 4 and 1/2 years in between! I wish we could go back more often. I am currently writing my trip report from our Feb 2014 trip, and would love to have people follow along and relive my trip with me. So, if you are looking for a trip report to read, the link is in my signature.

This was a fun thread to read! On our last trip, we ran into Anastasia and Drizella at the side of the castle. They are so funny - and my daughter LOVES them. We got a really fun picture with them. I think those two are great interacting with kids and adults.

I think some of our best interactions have been with Peter Pan.

Once my son was wearing his fighting Illini shirt with the Indian Chief on it and Peter Pan used it to start a conversation. This past trip, my DD was wearing her Peter Pan hat she found at The Charpeau on Main Street. Not only did PP love the hat but we had so many guests stop us in the parks and asked us where we got it.

Here is Peter Pan's reaction when he first saw my son's shirt ---

And here he is interacting with my son and DD about Indians.

Here are my kids with Peter Pan in 2009

And again with Peter Pan in 2014

I think Peter Pan was the same person each time. Notice how much my DD grew between our trips! She did have 4 and 1/2 years in between! I wish we could go back more often. I am currently writing my trip report from our Feb 2014 trip, and would love to have people follow along and relive my trip with me. So, if you are looking for a trip report to read, the link is in my signature.

oh wow those are great memory photos! (not that I'm biased since Peter is my favorite character be it movie or to meet ((which I've only met once hoping to meet again on my next trip)) but you can tell they honestly had a good time) like photos that are candid!

This was a fun thread to read! On our last trip, we ran into Anastasia and Drizella at the side of the castle. They are so funny - and my daughter LOVES them. We got a really fun picture with them. I think those two are great interacting with kids and adults.

im so glad you've enjoyed it! i love how it started with a question an has evolved into a share your character story thread. i love when people share their experiences. I've heard rave reviews of the step sisters I'm glad they are available to meet now lol.

oh wow those are great memory photos! (not that I'm biased since Peter is my favorite character be it movie or to meet ((which I've only met once hoping to meet again on my next trip)) but you can tell they honestly had a good time) like photos that are candid!

im so glad you've enjoyed it! i love how it started with a question an has evolved into a share your character story thread. i love when people share their experiences. I've heard rave reviews of the step sisters I'm glad they are available to meet now lol.

Thanks, OP! Your question has lead to a great thread. So, when is your upcoming trip?

Peter Pan is definitely one of my family's top characters!

I have been to WDW a total of five times in my life. Three times with my own kids and then once with my DH and once when I was a kid I think the Peter Pan ride was the first ride we went on on at least three or four of those trips. I just love it so much!

Peter Pan ride and It's a Small World are my two all-time favorite rides. So, it just fits that my DD has grown up to love meeting Peter Pan!

Thanks, OP! Your question has lead to a great thread. So, when is your upcoming trip?

Peter Pan is definitely one of my family's top characters!

I have been to WDW a total of five times in my life. Three times with my own kids and then once with my DH and once when I was a kid I think the Peter Pan ride was the first ride we went on on at least three or four of those trips. I just love it so much!

Peter Pan ride and It's a Small World are my two all-time favorite rides. So, it just fits that my DD has grown up to love meeting Peter Pan!

my upcoming trip is Dec 17th-21st so I'm on the count down phase (who am i kidding I've been in that phase since day 300 lol) but now ppl don't mind me taking about it lol.
Love meeting fellow Pan fans!! :yay::yay::yay: I've gown several times easily over 10..:rolleyes1 however my grandfather started my obsession when i was very young and was diagnosed with a terminal disorder known as MPS 2. he took me a week and we stayed on site i think at the grand Floridian. and i went nowhere but MK haha (i was about 5-6 at that point). later a society for my disorder known as the MPS society every year would hold a family conference and it happened every 4-5 years it would be held at walt disney one year contemporary(though we stayed off site) another contemporary, then they switched to colorado springs, and then this year we are back at contemporary.
back to timeline after the first society family meeting i was chosen for make a wish due to the severity of my illness. so i chose DISNEY WORLD!! we stayed though at give kids the world. then a couple years ago my mother decided to buy a condo in seminole florida about an hour away from WDW so now if we go on vacation i try to sneak away for a day trip lol. so my trips have added up.

thankfully medically I'm doing better when i was about 9 i got selected 1 out of 12 people in the world to be in a clinical study for a promising drug. every other week for 4 years i flew to NC from GA and had an 8-9 hour procedure done (fun fun) but it worked and instantly changes were seen i wasn't needing heat valve replacement my bleeding disorder was going away so much good!
then i needed a wheelchair for some un linked reason talk about doing one bullet landing in anothers path lol. after the four years of NC they were able to let me get it closer to home in TN where they moved it to every week and down to a 4-5 hour procedure. which to this day i still receive. during my senior year of hichschool which i graduated with honors when they said i shouldn't even try school lol, i put myself into physical therapy and ordered a walker and slowy worked on walking, i was able to walk across the graduation stage :cool1:and then immediately sit down after that i continued the physical therapy now 0%in wheelchair i either use a cane or walker.

finally things are clearing up medically wise also without the drug life expectancy is 11 years old and when i was 5 thats all the info they had on it when they told my parents.

throughout all of that disney has been a core part of my life all 22 years, whether it be movies, or WDW i love going they treat you so much better than the real world and make you feel normal. I'm finally trying to break my shell and not be so shy around the characters this upcoming trip and really get involved with them I'm wanting some great memory photos, i love taking photos and saving them

plus a really good friend who has even took me to treatment a handful of times and when a surgery took a turn for the worst which they seem to lately he visited, id never had someone outside my family thats a friend come visit me before. he's hopefully getting to go with us, since he started college its been about 5 months since I've seen him so i really want this trip to be special ya know? i think thats why I'm putting so much effort on this trip in particular the shy and medical stuff freaks most ppl out and they don't know how to act around you so I'm usually on my own which is fine but its nice when you have a friend that likes you unconditionally.

also i apologize didn't mean to write a short novel..

After 5 trips as an adult (2 with adult family members and 3 solo), I've met a bunch of characters, and I can't recall anyone rushing me or being dismissive. All have been nice and many have been great.

I was lucky enough to meet what I'm going to call "The Original Anna & Elsa" when they were together in Norway, and they were awesome; I told them how close my sister and I are, and we talked about sisters and chocolate, they were so sweet and very chatty. Tiana and Naveen were also very chatty and fun. Dug & Russell were this "Up" fan's dream come true; Dug wanted to come home with me until he heard he'd have to get on a plane, but Russell was all excited and ready to go.

I need to meet Anastasia and Drizella someday, but had a great parade interaction with Drizella - They were on the MSEP float trying to get Prince Charming's attention up ahead of them. Ana grabbed Driz by the shoulders and wrestled her out of the way; Drizella looked over at our side of the street, all upset, mouthing and gesturing like "Did you see what she just did!" I looked aghast and nodded, pointing at Ana and giving thumbs down - Drizella saw me and nodded in agreement/pointed at Ana/thumbs down just as I had, like "Yeah! Boo on her!" They have got to be some of the best characters.

dinseydude365 - Thanks for sharing your medical history with us and for letting us in on how much this trip means to you.

It sounds like you have had a long battle with your disease but one that you have conquered and have under control Awesome! It is fantastic that you now just need a cane to help you walk!

I hope your friend will be able to join you. It is nice to have people who love you unconditionally and are aware of your limitations so that they can be there to support you mentally/physically when needed.

I hope you are planning to do a trip report after your trip is over. I think many of us here on this thread would like to read it.

May God Bless you with physical strength each and every day of your life.

dinseydude365 - Thanks for sharing your medical history with us and for letting us in on how much this trip means to you.

It sounds like you have had a long battle with your disease but one that you have conquered and have under control Awesome! It is fantastic that you now just need a cane to help you walk!

I hope your friend will be able to join you. It is nice to have people who love you unconditionally and are aware of your limitations so that they can be there to support you mentally/physically when needed.

I hope you are planning to do a trip report after your trip is over. I think many of us here on this thread would like to read it.

May God Bless you with physical strength each and every day of your life.

thank you for the support!! and id love to post a trip report if i can figure out where and how to add pics lol but i definitely plan to try!!

I hope you have a magical trip disneydude- you sure deserve it!!

as far as big kid interactions go though, I have to add this- don't grab Ariel's seashells!! My ten month old got away with it, but doubtful anyone over a year old can :rotfl:

Honestly, after what they put up with from the all the kids, I would imagine a few adults are a pleasant break.

thank you for the support!! and id love to post a trip report if i can figure out where and how to add pics lol but i definitely plan to try!!

Go to the Trip Report forum category. You will find all the help you need there. In the sticky notes at the top.

I use photobucket to upload and share photos. It is easy and FREE.

Just a helpful tip, when you write your trip entries type each of them in Word or something first and the paste into the thread. That way you won't spend a lot of time writing a great entry only to have the server or connection lost and lose it! I speak from experience!

I hope you have a magical trip disneydude- you sure deserve it!! as far as big kid interactions go though, I have to add this- don't grab Ariel's seashells!! My ten month old got away with it, but doubtful anyone over a year old can :rotfl: Honestly, after what they put up with from the all the kids, I would imagine a few adults are a pleasant break.

Too funny! But definitely a tip to keep in mind.

I noticed the interactions last time at Chef Mickey's were weak, except for Pluto. When my kids were babies years ago, they were the center of attention (I have pictures of Goofy on the floor holding my one year old, and of Mickey wiggling his nose to their delight). Last year (the youngest is 6 now) it seemed more click picture, sign book, see ya.

My kids told Donald he's my favorite, and he turned around all excited. Until he saw my pin lanyard and noticed no Donald pins on it, but a bunch of Mickeys. Hands on hips, he "scolded" me as i'm trying to explain to him that my prized pins are on a pin board at home, that these are my traders.

Peter Pan interacts with everybody, whether you want to or not. One day by Philharmagic, he came skipping out, snatched the fastpass+ brochures out of a CM's hand, and started handing them to everyone in Fantasyland. Caught a lot of guests off-guard and received quite a few chuckles from the MM+ cast.

DisneyDude: I'm impressed at your drive to overcome. Enjoy your trip!

I hope you have a magical trip disneydude- you sure deserve it!!

as far as big kid interactions go though, I have to add this- don't grab Ariel's seashells!! My ten month old got away with it, but doubtful anyone over a year old can :rotfl:

Honestly, after what they put up with from the all the kids, I would imagine a few adults are a pleasant break.
thank yo so much for the encouragement i truly appreciate it!! and yup that sounds like a fair tip lol i count i could get away with that lol

Go to the Trip Report forum category. You will find all the help you need there. In the sticky notes at the top.

I use photobucket to upload and share photos. It is easy and FREE.

Just a helpful tip, when you write your trip entries type each of them in Word or something first and the paste into the thread. That way you won't spend a lot of time writing a great entry only to have the server or connection lost and lose it! I speak from experience!

thats awesome thank you!! i can’t wait to get started. i was thinking of using notes since its linked to my computer and phone, then i can jot stuff down as it happens quickly then at night add more details before i go to post.!! so glad to see i was thinking along the right lines

I noticed the interactions last time at Chef Mickey's were weak, except for Pluto. When my kids were babies years ago, they were the center of attention (I have pictures of Goofy on the floor holding my one year old, and of Mickey wiggling his nose to their delight). Last year (the youngest is 6 now) it seemed more click picture, sign book, see ya.

My kids told Donald he's my favorite, and he turned around all excited. Until he saw my pin lanyard and noticed no Donald pins on it, but a bunch of Mickeys. Hands on hips, he "scolded" me as i'm trying to explain to him that my prized pins are on a pin board at home, that these are my traders.

Peter Pan interacts with everybody, whether you want to or not. One day by Philharmagic, he came skipping out, snatched the fastpass+ brochures out of a CM's hand, and started handing them to everyone in Fantasyland. Caught a lot of guests off-guard and received quite a few chuckles from the MM+ cast.

DisneyDude: I'm impressed at your drive to overcome. Enjoy your trip!

yes donald can be very stingy lol haha and as everyones probably tired of me saying but Peter is by far favorite in all of disney really hope i get to see him again, i know that even on fireworks voyage characters are subject to change. if happens ill try not to show emotions but inside ill probably be crushed

thank you!! and i hope the trip goes well too!

Hey, disneydude! Your trip is pretty close now, right?

Do you plan to go through the new line at Peter Pan or skip it and go through the fast pass line?

There is a link on the main page of the Disboards that show pictures of the sceens and items displayed throughout the regular line.

Another wonderful character interaction we had was with Mulan at Akershus at lunch.

She loved the idea that my daughter and I were on a girls' bonding trip. She talked about girl power and then showed Haley how to pose. Here is the photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter