Do the characters mind? *~Best character interaction stories~*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have never experienced this. We have had wonderful interactions and nothing rushed about it in character meals. We are a couple at 55 and 60 years old. Been going since the 1980s. I have gone solo many times and never felt slighted or that they rushed.

I think I notice it because one of my sons (a true Disney fan) has been passed over or rushed on occasion, in favor of a younger child. I am guessing it is because he is a teen and they assume he doesn't want interaction. It is sad when it happens.

My first one (1900PF), she rushed to our table, signed my little sister's book, said something about a glass slipper and dashed to the next table, then played around with a baby for like ten minutes.

This ^^^^

The funny part is, they are really still interacting with an adult, since the baby doesn't care, and it's the parents who want all the pictures.

there's the human element too, maybe that particular Cinderella just likes babies.

I am one of the Disney "Big Kids" - will be 68 when we go this Christmas and I love meeting the characters and have stood in many lines alone when not traveling with family. I have had wonderful times with Tink, Merida, Duffy, Chip and Dale - and lots more - but those really stand out! They danced with me, talked, hugged, laughed! I can't wait for Christmas because my daughter and grandsons will be with me along with other family members to meet my favorites!

I am one of the Disney "Big Kids" - will be 68 when we go this Christmas and I love meeting the characters and have stood in many lines alone when not traveling with family. I have had wonderful times with Tink, Merida, Duffy, Chip and Dale - and lots more - but those really stand out! They danced with me, talked, hugged, laughed! I can't wait for Christmas because my daughter and grandsons will be with me along with other family members to meet my favorites!

Wow once again so thrilled to hear that the characters a re nice even if your not a little child, :love:
Its getting me even more excited about upcoming trip!

I think I notice it because one of my sons (a true Disney fan) has been passed over or rushed on occasion, in favor of a younger child. I am guessing it is because he is a teen and they assume he doesn't want interaction. It is sad when it happens.

That is sad; but it can be changed ! Make sure your son takes the lead and this way the characters will know he is into them: say a line from a movie, ask a question about the character that is little known, kennythepirate 's website has wonderful suggestions for character interaction that may help.

Pluto is MY favorite and we almost share a birthday, one day apart. ( He is older by MANY years ) I always acknowledge his birthday when I am there celebrating mine. He is one happy tail wagging puppy when I do that :goodvibes He gives the BEST hugs !

They don't care how old you are at all. And guests who get annoyed because adults want to meet characters are indulging in sour grapes.

and as long as they are nice to you, does it matter if they are faking it or not?

these are the ones with little snowflakes who believe an adult is taking up their time.:)

I go with my kids, but I am the one that initiates some of the best interactions. My younger is too shy to talk to the characters so we talk about what to ask beforehand and I get to ask the princesses questions (Elsa -- Do you live in the ice castle in Arendale or the main castle? Anna -- Do you prefer your traveling dress or your coronation dress?). I also had a great time when I told Tigger that I'm a bit like Rabbit and don't like wild bouncing. He did not like that and so I bounced gently with him while the kids laughed. So, while I haven't gone as a non-kid adult, I think that the characters enjoy interacting with all ages.

This past September, my DS (3) and I had a late reservation at Chef Mickey's. We were seated by 9:30, and must have just missed the round of characters, because we ended up waiting nearly an hour for them to come back around. Meanwhile, most of the other guests were finished and left, so we were sitting in an empty room except for one other couple that were seated around the same time as us. They were 2 adults with no children, but they were the most enthusiastic adults I've ever seen. It was hilarious watching them interact with the characters - and you could tell the characters LOVED it. Pluto kept coming back and to say hi and waving at them through the windows.

Honestly, the characters were a lot better with them than with my DS - it wasn't bad, but you could just tell it was the end of the night and they wanted to get through it and didn't have a lot of energy to put into interacting with a 3 yr old who didn't have a lot to say. I'm not complaining - I'm happy the other couple had a good time. i just wanted to reaffirm what everyone else is saying - the characters are totally cool with adult M&Gs.

I'm sitting here on my bed while hubby does his email. We've been here for almost two weeks and have gone out of our way to see, hug, chat with, tease ... numerous characters. The BEST .. in the Studios we saw Mickey and he easily spent 5 minutes with us trying to get us to give him treats (Halloween day) until he noticed our anniversary buttons and was gushing over the 30 written on them. I told him he has been with Minnie for a lot longer and he whispered to me "she can't talk back" he then pulled us into the next room to see Minnie. SHE threw a little fit when she noticed how long we've been married and kept pointing at her ring finger. I shrugged and told her that in Canada you only need to be together for 1 year to be considered common-law, she pulled me by the hand, waved goodbye to her handler and we left the room. I consider that wonderful adult interaction. Both mice totally involved in a great "game" with 2 very "seasoned" children!!

I'm sitting here on my bed while hubby does his email. We've been here for almost two weeks and have gone out of our way to see, hug, chat with, tease ... numerous characters. The BEST .. in the Studios we saw Mickey and he easily spent 5 minutes with us trying to get us to give him treats (Halloween day) until he noticed our anniversary buttons and was gushing over the 30 written on them. I told him he has been with Minnie for a lot longer and he whispered to me "she can't talk back" he then pulled us into the next room to see Minnie. SHE threw a little fit when she noticed how long we've been married and kept pointing at her ring finger. I shrugged and told her that in Canada you only need to be together for 1 year to be considered common-law, she pulled me by the hand, waved goodbye to her handler and we left the room. I consider that wonderful adult interaction. Both mice totally involved in a great "game" with 2 very "seasoned" children!!

Congrats on 30 years and I hope y'all are enjoying your trip!! Love this so much that you got led to both Mickey and Minnie

So in lines for characters if you are last to see them do they spend any additional time with you? I'm really wanting to celebrate everything I've accomplished and just the gift of living and walking after everything I've gone through

So wonder if last in line during an event where reservations garunteed you character time, or even if your the last person before they cut off In the parks
Any extra time or attention?

I'm glad to hear that age hasn't effected everyone for the most part!

I personally think that the characters(especially face characters) spend more time with the kids than me (29) but that could be because I don't require a lot of time. I just take my picture and move on. It is definitely what you make of it though!

I personally think that the characters(especially face characters) spend more time with the kids than me (29) but that could be because I don't require a lot of time. I just take my picture and move on. It is definitely what you make of it though!

I've been like that just picture and move on I really wanna get the guts to interact get animated and make a memory lol

A couple weeks ago I planned a shopping trip to Target with a greeter and Minnie because Minnie liked my backpack, I danced with Buzz Lightyear, and had a 5 minute conversation with Winnie the Pooh.

I was at Crystal Palace for breakfast, and told the first attendant that came over that it was really ok if they bypassed me. I'm 28, I was alone, I've met the characters before so it wasn't a big deal. She seemed to feel bad, like she thought I was thinking because I was alone and older I didn't deserve to meet them. Eeyore waved as he went past with her. I went up to get more food and Pooh must have passed my table during the time I was away. He finished the row of tables, then came back alone, pulled out the chair across from me and sat down. He put his head on his hand and watched me for a minute, so I just started copying him. We played like that for a bit until he put his hand in his mouth. We then proceeded to have a solid conversation, about how my food was, that it was my last day and he was sad I was leaving. I had a couple adults watching me like I was crazy but they're the last people I care about.

So no, they don't mind. :)

DH and I had WONDERFUL interactions with the characters (We are 24 and 30), especially with Rapunzel and Anna. Elsa was sweet and Cinderella was ok, but not as fun as Anna and Rapunzel. I think Anna and Rapunzel's characters are more bubbly and fun where Elsa is more composed and prim and proper and Cinderella is in between those three characters which is why the former are more fun with everyone.

Rapunzel was so excited to talk to me and loved that I dressed up as her during MNSSHP and had Pascal on my shoulder. She was very interactive and so much fun to talk to. We talked about Pascal and candy. Anna loved that I dressed up as her when I met her and was just overall a delight to interact with. We didn't talk for long, but it was nice to have a short couple minute chat!

I love this picture of me and Anna. It was one of the best memories I have of my Disneymoon!

AnnaHug_zpsbd93bce9.png~original

tumblr_nelnemMHaZ1rpfqsqo1_500.jpg

I totes forgot about Alice! She was the cutest! I disneybounded as her and she called me her Tweedle and I just wanted to cry right there because Alice in my favorite Disney character! DH told me I was glowing!

10154973_10201816437251307_1696325266370022288_n.jpg

Don't be afraid to interact with them! I'm a shy person and socially awkward, but when I meet these characters, I break out of that shell and have fun! I cannot wait to go back on my next trip and meet them again and more! :goodvibes

While my 3yo was having the time of his life with Chip and Dale, they were taking turns behind his back tweaking my ears, removing my hat, giving me fake high 5s, etc. I think they had more fun torturing me than posing with him.

Mary Poppins absolutely loves a grown up conversation. I inquired about her favorite song to sing to herself whilst going about her daily routine and she shocked me by stating "When you wish upon a star" from Pinocchio.

Peter Pan will play with anyone, doesn't matter age, we're all Neverland Lost Boys at Disney.

Pluto...the greatest. We were having a really rough Epcot day. My toddler was not napping and being exceptionally cranky, my wife and I were outside Spaceship Earth arguing about if we should keep our Garden Grill ADR based on all of our moods. Suddenly I look over and Pluto is 30 feet away doing a M&G, so in the middle of my argument with my wife I say "I need to go see Pluto" (Seriously when can you pull that card during a spousal fight?) I approach him and say "Pluto I am having a really rough day, I need a hug" He proceeds to hug me, the forces me to sit down, put my head on his knee and scratches me behind the ear like he loves to be scratched. Next thing I know my kid runs up, is on his other knee and we're both getting treated great. The rest of our evening was phenomenal.

A couple weeks ago I planned a shopping trip to Target with a greeter and Minnie because Minnie liked my backpack, I danced with Buzz Lightyear, and had a 5 minute conversation with Winnie the Pooh.

I was at Crystal Palace for breakfast, and told the first attendant that came over that it was really ok if they bypassed me. I'm 28, I was alone, I've met the characters before so it wasn't a big deal. She seemed to feel bad, like she thought I was thinking because I was alone and older I didn't deserve to meet them. Eeyore waved as he went past with her. I went up to get more food and Pooh must have passed my table during the time I was away. He finished the row of tables, then came back alone, pulled out the chair across from me and sat down. He put his head on his hand and watched me for a minute, so I just started copying him. We played like that for a bit until he put his hand in his mouth. We then proceeded to have a solid conversation, about how my food was, that it was my last day and he was sad I was leaving. I had a couple adults watching me like I was crazy but they're the last people I care about.

So no, they don't mind. :)

Omg I would love an experience like that, I know they can only do stuff like that every soften but just the fact that it happens is amazing!

DH and I had WONDERFUL interactions with the characters (We are 24 and 30), especially with Rapunzel and Anna. Elsa was sweet and Cinderella was ok, but not as fun as Anna and Rapunzel. I think Anna and Rapunzel's characters are more bubbly and fun where Elsa is more composed and prim and proper and Cinderella is in between those three characters which is why the former are more fun with everyone.

Rapunzel was so excited to talk to me and loved that I dressed up as her during MNSSHP and had Pascal on my shoulder. She was very interactive and so much fun to talk to. We talked about Pascal and candy. Anna loved that I dressed up as her when I met her and was just overall a delight to interact with. We didn't talk for long, but it was nice to have a short couple minute chat!

I love this picture of me and Anna. It was one of the best memories I have of my Disneymoon!

AnnaHug_zpsbd93bce9.png~original

tumblr_nelnemMHaZ1rpfqsqo1_500.jpg

I totes forgot about Alice! She was the cutest! I disneybounded as her and she called me her Tweedle and I just wanted to cry right there because Alice in my favorite Disney character! DH told me I was glowing!

10154973_10201816437251307_1696325266370022288_n.jpg

Don't be afraid to interact with them! I'm a shy person and socially awkward, but when I meet these characters, I break out of that shell and have fun! I cannot wait to go back on my next trip and meet them again and more! :goodvibes

Oh those are wonderful pictures and I can see how much you enjoyed meeting them! Can't wait to get some of my own! As a guy we're not supposed to show as much emotions but I'm thinking next trip who cares lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter