Do the Beach Club and/or Boardwalk Need Refurbishment?

Disney_Freak56

DIS Veteran
I first stayed at the Beach Club 13 or 14 years ago. I am wondering if it has ever been refurbished since then.

What about the Boardwalk?

I realize that the Beach Club is older, but am just concerned about spending so much for a room and then arriving and finding out that I feel the room is in severe need of refurbishing.

We stayed at the Coronado 4 years ago and I was very disappointed in the room. I realize that it is a convention resort, but the carpet was in sad shape and the walls could sure have used a new coat of paint. Luckily, we were there for only a couple of nights and then we moved to the Wilderness Lodge.

So Disers -- what do you think? Do these two resorts need an updating or have they been updated fairly recently?

The Beach Club was recently refurbished - within this last year. I don't know about the Boardwalk.

Yes, when we stayed at the BC last November it looked all brand new. The last time I was at the Boardwalk was in 2003 and it looked nice but not brand new. Don't know if it's been done since then, sorry. It was lovely in any case. :goodvibes

Even if you don't stay at the Boardwalk, check out the Bellevue Room. It is neat with old radio shows, games, a library of old books, etc. It is a fun place to have a glass of wine, or sit with a cup of tea and relax .

Unfortunately, when we have been at the BC for dinner (Cape May), even after the refurbishment, it appears to us to look a little shabby. We stayed at the YC and it appeared "spiffier" for lack of a better word. It may be a reflection of the guests that we observed acting like "heathens" :confused3 I'm sorry, but I don't approve of parents slapping their child in the face in the middle of the lobby or walking inebriated while cursing loudly. The other thing we observed was smoking in hte non smoking areas and allowing the children to literally climb the drapes in the hall leading from BC to YC. Saw them actually yank them down once :earseek: . Sory, just a few pet peeves.

rcraw45425 said:
I'm sorry, but I don't approve of parents slapping their child in the face in the middle of the lobby or walking inebriated while cursing loudly. QUOTE]

How awful :sad2:

It was bad, the child looked to be about three and was in the midst of a major melt down, granted it was late afternoon, entire family looked like they had been going Disney commando, ie. no breaks, we WILL have fun, etc. The child was wiped out. Dad, with the cigarette dangling from his mouth, did the actual slap after the child whined that it wanted to swim, not eat. I lost my appetite. My girls just looked at us in shock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter