• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do suitcases fit under the bed?

lowery1226

Baby NNP
I am just wondering if a regular size suitcase will fit under the bed or should I pack our stuff in duffle bags?

The corners of the bed lift up easily to get any suitcase under it. If you have a really thick one you can always put it under the bed opened.

Mine do not fit, I put them all inside each other though, if the room steward can store them it would be great.

We have two 30" ones which we found were too thick to fit under so I was also thinking about using duffles next summer... I would love for somebody to be able to measure that height (or measure their suitcase depth) so I could know for sure what the max. is!:thumbsup2

We laid out our hang bag to fit under the bed and our carry-on bags. Our 2 big suitcases would not fit so we put them in the closet.

We emptyed our suitcases and our room attendant stored them for us.

Ours did too - under the bed!:laughing:

I don't know if I even realized they were there on our first cruise. On the second cruise, I would pull them out from time to time to get rid of things we no longer needed.

We emptyed our suitcases and our room VerVery interesting, attendant stored them for us.
Very interesting you say this. I actually posted a thread about 6 months ago asking this question. Everyone said no, under the bed, except one DISer who suggested slipping a couple of Franklins or a Grant to my host to make them "disappear". Are you sure yours were gone. I just posted a comment to this under the "What do you wish you had of known" thread before reading this one. We are concern of placing them under there, because we are such large people we wonder if the pressure from us will damage the luggage, so we are afraid. Do not like to take up all the room on the verandah. I guess I should just start down sizing my packing:eek: unless you know something I don't that doesn't effect my Shutters $. Did I mention I tend to over spend too? Tell me your secret or whom your stateroom host was. Pick me, Pick me, Pick me to store our stuff. :lmao::hippie:

I've got one of those hard shelled cases. It was too big to fit under the bed, however if I opened it up, and stored it under there open, it was fine. Plus It gave me an extra place to put stuff.

My suitcase is right at 10 in deep and it fit under the bed just fine. HTH.

The reason we are all commenting is because it has been most of our exsperience that our SRH have not been able to take our luggage. I have asked twice and both times got a no. This is the reason someone asked if they are sure it was not under the bed. I am still wondering how one got them to take it?:confused3 :hippie:

The reason we are all commenting is because it has been most of our exsperience that our SRH have not been able to take our luggage. I have asked twice and both times got a no. This is the reason someone asked if they are sure it was not under the bed. I am still wondering how one got them to take it?:confused3 :hippie:

I'm sure that if the ship is at capacity or not is a huge factor in if they will take it. If a cabin is empty, a SRH could put several pieces of luggage in it for many of her/his guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter