• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do streaming devices (Roku) work in resort rooms?

DisneyGirl519

Earning My Ears
Question--would a Roku streaming device work on the resort room tv's to access Netflix & other apps? We've always gone old school & packed our portable dvd player to hook up to the room tv but would love to try the Roku box this trip if it works! Has anyone tried this? Staying at BWI this summer!

It will probably work, but I wouldn't count on using the resort's Wi-Fi to run it. In general, although the resort Wi-FI is free, it's painfully slow.

We hooked up our tablet to the TV and streamed Netflix with no issues at Pop.

I truly didn't expect it to work as WDW resort wifi is spotty at best. I think we just got lucky.

We don't use cell service at WDW as the roaming charges would bankrupt us so we rely heavily on Disney wifi.

We just got back. We were at POR. The Roku connected instantly and worked perfect the whole trip. Watched DisneyMovies and Netflix with no problem. Even watch Disney Junior App when the cable went out.

:thanks:Thank you so much for the info! I'll pack it and give it a try. We always have our backups--iPad, kindle, dvd player...etc. but the Roku would be a lot easier if the wifi cooperates!

I wish we had time for that. I guess if we had kids it would matter. We just are never there. when we are we usually are at the quiet pool causing issues for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter