do starbucks eGift cards work at disney locations?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
There is a groupon right now for $5 for a $10 startucks eGift card. Do these work at the Disney locations? The current one is only good through september for anyone who might be interested but if it works there, I will keep an eye out for a later one later in the year. Loves me some *$$

I'm not sure how the Groupon deal works, but you can use the Starbucks app at Disney locations. You'll earn stars at all locations, but you can only redeem rewards at the Downtown Disney location. Also, I think there is a 10% for either annual passholders or DVC members (or both!)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the heads up:cool1: If you have a registered Starbucks card or the app you can transfer the balance from the e card to that. That's what I usually do and then then amount is just added to my gold card balance.

Okay . .. a mini thread hijack . . Do the park Starbucks accept regular Starbucks gift cards also ?

Yes, I never had a problem using my app to pay with a Starbucks GC at any of the parks.

I dont have that App thingie..but have gift cards...is that good enough for inside the parks and also down town disney..(geesh..Disney springs)

Thanks for the heads up:cool1: If you have a registered Starbucks card or the app you can transfer the balance from the e card to that. That's what I usually do and then then amount is just added to my gold card balance.

Short of using it to order merch from the Starbucks website, the only way I know of TO use a Starbucks e-gift card is to put the codes into the app. Not sure how else you'd use it in a store...

Last edited:
my friend told me you can add the code to a regular Starbucks gift card and then just have the value doesn't expire

my friend told me you can add the code to a regular Starbucks gift card and then just have the value doesn't expire

Well, technically you put a "regular" card into the app and reload the card. So yes. Putting it onto a card works. I meant to my knowledge there is no way to use just the e-gift card alone in a store. The app is just a ton easier than carrying a card all the time since you've got the phone with you anyway not sure why people wouldn't want to do it - especially since that gets you registered for free drinks and other promotions, some of which are only through the app.

I don't have Starbucks where I live believe it or not so it's all new to me!

I don't have Starbucks where I live believe it or not so it's all new to me!

:eek::eek::surfweb: I love me some starbucks so I can't imagine living at a place that didn't have one! But if you have a smart phone, it's really easy to load an egift card into the Starbucks app. Once you do that, when you pay all they have to do is scan the card's barcode off your phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter