• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do some people just NOT know that their park ticket can get fastpasses??

Lots of people don't understand it.Last trip I tried to explain it to this nice older British couple and they looked at me like I was nutso.Alot of people have no idea,and haven't done any research on Disney before going and I think since other parks charge for it,it confuses things further.

yes, we get this a lot, people are very suspicious of what you are giving them..sometimes it is almost hard to give them away!

I do too! I always try to find people who look like they might be "in the know". The last time I found a young couple who wanted to ride BTMRR but didn't want to wait. I gave them my FP's , they were very appreciative and the guy commented that they'd tried to give away some of theirs but always seem to pick people who don't speak English and who think they're offering aforementioned dead hamster!!!

My FP pet peeve is when people line up at the FP return line too early, putting those of us who are there within our window at the end of a HUGE line! One trip we marched to the front, showed the CM our FP and they let us right in in front of a mass of people. We probably got some dirty comments that time!

Right so instead of me trawling through every post on this thread could somebody pls pm me how/what to do to take advantage of FP???

Thanks

Right so instead of me trawling through every post on this thread could somebody pls pm me how/what to do to take advantage of FP???

Thanks

Very quickly, first you should learn which rides have the FastPass option. Usually they're the most popular ones. They will have a FastPass machine. Basically, you take your ticket that you used to get into the park, insert it into the machine, and out pops a FastPass ticket. Each admission ticket you insert will get you a FastPass.

There will be a time window printed on the ticket. This will be the time you can come back and ride. It's important to note that you cannot use it BEFORE the time window opens, but you can use it any time after that, as long as it's the same day. So, if your ticket says it can be used between 1:15 and 2:15, for example, you can't use it before 1:15. But you can return at 4 and use it.

Then, when you return, just get into the FastPass line! :cool1::thumbsup2

[
I don't get this one. Even if it's your first time there, FP directions are printed RIGHT ON THE MAP brochure you get when entering the park!

Iknow about FPs from the guide books and the planning DVD but if I go to another amusement park I dont usually read the maps right away. I grab one and we go off in a direction. I might actually read one if we are sitting for a break or at lunch, so I could see how people could miss it there.'

I now research every amusement park we go to beforehand,most dont have sites like this to help but I always try to do some basic info gathering and look at some maps if I can.

Just did 2 days with people who really don't go to Disney(local Florida residents) and we were using the FP system the whole time. After two days, they still didn't really understand when and how it worked. We'd get one FP and then we'd head over to another ride and they always asked why we just couldn't get another. Overall, it's a very innovative system for Disney. I agree that if more people did it the queue just to get a FP would be a massive ala TSM at RD.

Alot of people don't know their tickets can get FP's. They think you have to pay extra to get them.

They also don't know that when they get an FP that they can get another one at the time listed near the bottom of their ticket.

I made a family very happy at Teppan Edo when I showed them how to read their FP ticket and they found out they could get more FP's after dinner (if any were available). They thought they were going to have to wait until they used the FP before they could get another. The poor folks had picked up the FP at 1pm and could have gotten several more since then if they'd known how to read the FP.

At least I was able to help one family. It was the second day of their vacation so I'm sure they used that knowledge the rest of their trip.

Ok, I thought about it and this is what I'm going to do.....In May when we go to the World, when the fast pass people pass us in the lines I'm going to make a big deal and say "Wow!!! Those people MUST be stars or something. That's so not fair!!!! I WISH we had money to buy those things!!!!!" and I'm going to stomp my foot too. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Did you also notice that they said next time they might want to read a guidebook before they go? I just don't get people who travel to a specific destination without doing any research at all about what they are getting into. I would go nuts!

AND these people are the ones who typically do not want advice from us "Disney Fanatics"... "I just want to go with the flow on my vacation"...Let them wait as far as I'm concerned!

:thumbsup2:lmao:

WDW certainly does a good job of leading people there, but if they refuse to use the information, you can't do anything.
I just read an article in the Sunday Minneapolis paper complaining about the cost of parking like it was a surprise (they were staying at one of the "Good Neighbor" WDW DTD hotels, not on site). That part I maybe get, but the writer parked at Epcot and later went to MK, where he complained about having to pay for parking AGAIN. Apparently, in his research, he didn't find that parts that said to save your parking receipt so you don't have to pay when entering a the 2nd parking lot on the same day.:confused3

I had to respond! I saw this article too, and thought exactly the same thing! My husband laughed at me for getting all worked up. This guy was a REPORTER! You;d think he'd ask somebody about parking before going or at least have his article fact-checked before publishing!!!! It made me giggle... :laughing:

My FP pet peeve is when people line up at the FP return line too early, putting those of us who are there within our window at the end of a HUGE line! One trip we marched to the front, showed the CM our FP and they let us right in in front of a mass of people. We probably got some dirty comments that time![/QUOTE]

Me too! If it is not your time move to the side. This happened several times to us in Feb. Large families arguing with the CM about not being able to go in yet. They all stood right in front of the entrance. Poor Cms they sure do take a lot of abuse for little money.:rolleyes:

The first time we went I had found the DIS and spent hours upon hours researching. I understood FP. Dh was not interested in anything I had learned. He was a "just tell me where to go and what to do" guy. So at one point we went to the FP machines in MK and I took our tickets and fed them into the machine got them for Thunder Mountain. Then I said "Time for lunch!". Yeah, I tried to explain to him that we were coming back later and he just looked at me like I was crazy. I finally said, look at that wait time-- I am NOT waiting that long. The line should be shorter later.;)

After lunch at Pecos Bills I headed to Splash Mountain and got our FP there. Again, "line is too long, we will come back later". Back to TM and headed with DH to the FP line. He kept protesting that the line was over there and this was the wrong place. I took him by the hand, showed the FP to the CM and off we went into the empty FP line. DH just kept saying "this is crazy" "we can't be over here" "we can't be cutting" "this will never work". Got to the front, handed over the FP and we were put directly in the line up for the cars (whatever they call that). DH was speechless. Then he was :woohoo::cheer2::woohoo: . After the ride we headed to SM (we got some really great return times that visit) and as we went into the FP line he kept looking at the people in line and whispering to me under his breath "Suckers" "Guess they didn't do any research", "Can't believe they are standing in line when they don't have to" :lmao:

Some people just don't get it until they have tried it, and refuse to believe it enough to even give it a shot! Of course the worst part after that was trying to explain to DH that not EVERY ride had FP and we would have to stand in a few lines!

Fine with me. Saves more FastPasses for the rest of us! :thumbsup2

This was my husband exactly! Now everytime we use the FP line he says "suckers" too:laughing:. He loves Fast passes so much that I am thinking of making him a fastpass shirts for our next trip (from our DISigners). One is a picture of a star tours fastpass with the words "lightspeed to the front of the line" and the other is an angry donald duck saying "what do you mean no more fastpasses!" :rotfl:

AND these people are the ones who typically do not want advice from us "Disney Fanatics"... "I just want to go with the flow on my vacation"...Let them wait as far as I'm concerned!

Yes I have a friend who thinks I am commando, we are so not, but because I am a Disney freak and try to explain some things she doesnt listen. She says that doesnt sound like a vacation. I say well a vaction for me is not standing in 2 hour lines either. So I rather do rope drop and learn FP and make ADRS, then stand in long lines and starve!:lmao:

The reason Disney doesn't post neon "FREE" signs above the fast pass machines, is they are counting on people to not read the FP instructions in the guides. People hate reading instructions for anything.
If every single guest used fast passes, they would be useless.
They're banking on the ignorance of the general public.
And I for one, am glad they are. ... :rotfl: :goodvibes.

The reason Disney doesn't post neon "FREE" signs above the fast pass machines, is they are counting on people to not read the FP instructions in the guides. People hate reading instructions for anything.
If every single guest used fast passes, they would be useless.
They're banking on the ignorance of the general public.
And I for one, am glad they are. ... :rotfl: :goodvibes.

If every single guest used FP who could, they would not be useless, they would work exactly the same. There are a limited number of FPs available. On most FP attractions during busy times, they actually DO run out - and for some, even on non-busy days. And the attraction runs like it always does. It does not make it magically worse somehow.

Ignorance or not, it doesn't change anything as far as the usefulness of Fastpass. It only changes the amount of time THEY spend in line while we don't... :)

I love to walk through the Fastpass line while people in the standby line stare and ask "how do they get to do that?". Is that mean? I just don't have much sympathy for people who don't do their homework prior to a trip. Don't get me wrong....I'll help out friends, family, even strangers with their planning.......but it just never ceases to amaze me how much people do not understand about Fastpass. :confused3

Some of the people in Standby may very well have their own Fastpasses in their pockets...and their window hasn't opened yet - either for their return time to ride, or a time to obtain a new Fastpass.

We fully understand Fastpass - use it to the best of our advantage - but this still doesn't mean we don't stand in a Standby line every so often, while waiting for our FP window to open. If there's two hours until we can get the next Fastpass (sometimes), then we're going to go stand in a Standby line so we're at least doing something during that time.

Would we shoot dirty looks to those passing us in the Fastpass line? No - not dirty looks - but perhaps a look of envy, thinking, "Man...I wish OUR Fastpass time was ready! Lucky YOU! :cool1:"

If I have extra FastPasses when I'm getting ready to leave, I try to give them to someone already in a FastPass line. At least then you know that they understand that your gift is not a dead hamster. :)

I explained the whole fast pass concept to my SIL when she was going to WDW with her daughter. I printed out maps, made ADR's, made her a Disney travel gift tote with Disney supplies like mole skin, light up necklaces, etc...

When she got back, she talked about how they waited in line for hours and didn't ride much. I was dumbfounded and asked her why she didn't use the fast passes...she told me there was nothing better for them to do than wait in the lines!! Umm..OK I give up! Last summer she went back again and I just waved and told them to have a nice trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter