Do some CP roles get tips??

It can't hurt. Disney Security doesn't really do anything of a police or military nature, though. It's mainly ensuring a peaceful and safe visit for our Guests and responding to minor disturbances.

Anything beyond that, we generally defer to the Orange County or Osceola County Sherrif's Department.

Ok thanks again.

I did a CP this past spring and worked at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique...

we were allowed to accept tips, but we couldn't pocket them. What we had to do was when we got the "rose petals", we had to immediately take them to the back and put them in a black, locked box on the wall. At the end of the week, a few people count out the money and it was distributed to everyone depending on how many hours that week you worked. It was really nice getting the extra $ because that's what I used to pay for groceries. It ranged from $15 a week (i didn't work much) to over $240 one week, but that's rare. The average I got was $60-80 a week.

Hope that helps :)

You never worked because I always worked for you!!!!! Thanks for the hours :) Good luck if you get a PI!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I can find out what FT roles Disney is currently hiring for January??? I don't want to reject the CP (if I get in) and then find out they are not hiring for FT. How should I go about this??? Any advice is appreciated. Keep in mind. I am graduating in December, going to Rollins MBA program in August and want to work a FT role or CP role in order to put me in the best position during grad school for a PI. That being said I have a good amount of bills for a 22 year old so I am looking for a role that usually would receive tips.

Anyway I can find out what FT roles Disney is currently hiring for January??? I don't want to reject the CP (if I get in) and then find out they are not hiring for FT. How should I go about this??? Any advice is appreciated. Keep in mind. I am graduating in December, going to Rollins MBA program in August and want to work a FT role or CP role in order to put me in the best position during grad school for a PI. That being said I have a good amount of bills for a 22 year old so I am looking for a role that usually would receive tips.

Depending on what PI you want, you can sometimes get one without doing a CP first. When I did my PI at AK, I worked with a team of 20 interns and only 4 of us had done a CP and I was the only one that had done a CP and PI back to back in a year.

You won't be able to go to school for an MBA and work at WDW FT. Depending on the role, the hours will be crazy and you will either end up dropping out of school or quitting and then won't be able to do a PI.

I would try for a CP first and do Spring Advantage that runs Jan-early Aug. That would put you in the best spot for a PI. If you go full time and quit, you are on a freeze from the company for several months. I'm not sure how you look for jobs, another College Board thread on here showed that at one point. I know for the past year FT has been on a freeze. I've been on a waiting list since Jan for FT and I'm still waiting.

Best of luck

As of right now, the Walt Disney World Resort has the following Full Time positions available:
  • Custodial H/H (3rd Shift)
  • Cook 1
  • Cook 2
  • Food & Bev Steward
  • Housekeeping H/H

You won't be able to go to school for an MBA and work at WDW FT. Depending on the role, the hours will be crazy and you will either end up dropping out of school or quitting and then won't be able to do a PI.

Just sayin'...I've been here as a CP from Jan-May and on a management internship since June and I'm working on my MBA full time. I also have 2 kids that I'm homeschooling. It certainly isn't EASY, but it is possible with dedication and time management.

Well I would be looking for marketing or sales PIs and most of them require the CP. My only other option is the Wide world of sports PIs that are only for MBA students or finance PIs that are reserved for Rollins students ( currently they have 18 positions of those). As far as CP and school at the same time, I mentioned school doesn't start until august therefore I would not be working and going to school at the same time. I have my CP interview Wednesday. Do you guys think I should bring up this coversation during the interview and be honest?

Well I would be looking for marketing or sales PIs and most of them require the CP. My only other option is the Wide world of sports PIs that are only for MBA students or finance PIs that are reserved for Rollins students ( currently they have 18 positions of those). As far as CP and school at the same time, I mentioned school doesn't start until august therefore I would not be working and going to school at the same time. I have my CP interview Wednesday. Do you guys think I should bring up this coversation during the interview and be honest?

When I had CP interview, I was asked if I was willing to do Spring Advantage and I had said no because I was planning on getting a full time teaching job in the fall and that I could only work until May. She asked me that if SA is all they had, would I be willing to do it, and said no I would have to turn it down. I ended up getting my first choice job and Spring CP so I mean you can always ask when the move-out dates are for Aug and base your decision on that and when your school starts.
I ended up working CP until May, applied for a PI on a whim, got it and worked my PI from June-Jan. After that I was turned Seasonal from my PI and stayed with the company until this past May to see if any FT spots opened up and didn't so now I'm teaching.

Good luck!!

I'm curious then...who is getting the money that I leave for tips? Such as house keeping, bell services, etc.?

I'm curious then...who is getting the money that I leave for tips? Such as house keeping, bell services, etc.?

I was in merchandising in my last program and would usually get tips for helping the guests. We have to decline them three times and if they still say to take the tip, we had to take it and immediately give it to the manager. I asked my manager where the money goes and they said it all goes towards the Conversation charity that Disney does year round. On some rare occasions, they would let us keep the money, but the rest goes mainly towards the charity.

fwiw, my friend is in qsfb and her roommate is in full service f&b. the one in full service is a server and is not allowed to keep tips.

My roommate in '08 was a housekeeper at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and she was allowed to keep tips left in the rooms. I'm going to be a housekeeper at Bay Lake Tower and I've been told we can keep the tips.

fwiw, my friend is in qsfb and her roommate is in full service f&b. the one in full service is a server and is not allowed to keep tips.

I may be wrong, but it was my understanding that FSF&B CPs were not permitted to be servers, but performed other FOH roles, at least that's what I was told when I was extended into FSF&B.

Housekeepers may certainly keep their tips.

My roommate in '08 was a housekeeper at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and she was allowed to keep tips left in the rooms. I'm going to be a housekeeper at Bay Lake Tower and I've been told we can keep the tips.

Absolutely true. I was a housekeeper at Boardwalk during one of my CPs and I kept all tips. People are really cheap though... I made a lot less in tips than I expected. I always tip when I stay at a hotel and thought it was common practice, but apparently not. I learned that the neater the guest is, the more likely they are to tip. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter