Do ride seats get hot?

SmallMouse

Earning My Ears
This is my firs post although I have been reading the boards for quite a while to help plan our first famliy trip.

We will be at WDW in early September. I am trying to plan what all to pack and was wondering do the ride seats get hot? I have 3 kids (DD9, DS8, DD7) and was thinking about what to pack for clothes. Would longer shorts be necessary because of the ride seats?

This is my firs post although I have been reading the boards for quite a while to help plan our first famliy trip.

We will be at WDW in early September. I am trying to plan what all to pack and was wondering do the ride seats get hot? I have 3 kids (DD9, DS8, DD7) and was thinking about what to pack for clothes. Would longer shorts be necessary because of the ride seats?

I have been each of the last 4 years in Oct(2x), May and June and have never noticed any ride being "hot". I would not factor that scenario into your planning.:thumbsup2

I've also been to WDW in September and not noticed any ride seats getting "hot". I think this is because most rides are indoors - I can only think of a handful of rides that are entirely outdoors. Besides, as long as someone was on the ride before just you, they should cover the seat from the sun! :)

I don't recall this being a problem either. I can't even think of any benches or other seats that get hot either. Seems like the seat are well shaded. But walking around the park I always have a hat on becuase the sun can beat down on you.

Thank you so much for your answers. I had not even thought of this until we were talking about our trip last night and the question came up.

Never really noticed hot seats on rides...BUT sitting on the curb waiting for the afternoon parade (in July) felt like I was sitting in a hot frying pan! I ended up pulling my son's change of clothes out of his bag to sit on those.

The only ride I noticed this on was Aladdin's Magic Carpets. It was right around noon, the ride wasn't at capacity (so probably no one else was in the seat prior to us) and when we sat down I almost jumped up again! But other than that one no problems!

In the Star wars Weekends tips someone suggested bringing a white towel to sit on when waiting for a mid day parade.

The only thing I have noticed is due to the heat sometimes your legs can stick to the seats (of the outside rides) a bit which can cause a bit of friction when getting up. But I've never encountered the seats being hot :)

The only one we have ever had any trouble with is Triceratops Spin at AK. DD was 3 and when she sat down in it she started screaming because it "burned/hurt" her legs and she refused to sit back down and left without riding. Her poor little legs were bright red where they had touched the ride, so it really did get her- don't worry she wasn't injured it faded away after a few minutes. DH put his hand on the seat before they exited and agreed it was ridiculously hot. It was the middle of a sunny afternoon and we noticed there was no shade at all over the ride. We have ridden Dumbo and the Magic Carpets on hot afternoons before and have never had the same problem. DD (5) has been back to WDW twice since then and she has absolutely refused to ride that ride even though it was cool the day we were at AK on both those trips.

I have never found any to be hot. But there are concrete benches in the world showcase area of epcot that did get really hot. But i liked it. hahaha

Depends on who sat there ahead of you.:rotfl:

Seriously, in all my trips I never noticed any problem. Most of the ride seats are not out directly in the sun, and even if they are not occupied they are moving and getting cooled down by the airflow. I would have to say that it shouldn't be a problem.

Never had a problem...now, the pavement can get hot when waiting on the Daytime/afternoon parades!

The only "hot seats" that I know of in WDW are the back seats on the buses,I can't say all of them are hot but definitely remember sitting in some that were,I guess the engine might be there causing it might be the reason.The only other "hot seat" at WDW that I know of is no longer there as the Who wants to be a Millionaire show is gone so no more contestants in the hot seat.

The only "hot seats" that I know of in WDW are the back seats on the buses,I can't say all of them are hot but definitely remember sitting in some that were,I guess the engine might be there causing it might be the reason.

Now that is truly the Hottest seat!

As for hot ride seats I can't say that I have came across any but I can tell you some things that I just encountered on my trip that ARE hot.

The fountain in front of Spaceship Earth. I sat on that and OUCH!! Hot hot hot!

A metal bench at the bus stop. I could have sworn it was wooden...oops. That was very hot as well...

Black flip flops in the sun. I thought they were m e l t i n g under my feet.

I'm sure there are other hot things as well. Just remember if it has been in the sun, watch your bum!

what bothers me more than just the heat- is sticking to the seats as pp mentioned. also I am a little grossed out about my thighs touching the sweaty seats , so I am deliberately trying to buy longer shorts. the extra 2" of shorts wont make me any hotter but will be nice to not stick to sweaty plastic seats!

Anything at the Dinosaur end of AK!! Hot! Other than that....I've never noticed anything. Agree with yellen97 about the sweaty seats though....yuck! :)

Only once have I had a really bad experience with "hot" seats. I remember sitting on the ride and suddenly feeling my bottom on fire. I couldn't get up because the bar had been lowered onto my laP and trapped me in this burning inferno. I remember screaming throughout the ride but not from fear, rather from the heat emanating from the seat. By the time the ride ended I could barely walk; let alone sit anywhere else! I got a huge blister from the ordeal and ended up getting highly compensated by Disney. Now I travel to DW fairly often and always wear insulated pants just in case.
:scared1:

I've never noticed any ride seats being hot but I sat on a bench in WS and I couldn't stand to stay seated the bench was so hot. I even poured some cold water on it to try to cool it down but it just made the water hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter