• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do rates go up if GT rates not offerred after PIF date?

nicbic97

Mouseketeer
We are planning on taking a 4 day bahamian on the dream in may. I was going to wait and see if GT rates came out after the PIF date, but wasn't sure if this is the way to go? If the ship is pretty full, does the price go up after the paid in full date? I have been watching the cruise fare since 9/12 and it has not moved at all. I checked expedia and there are some categories with no staterooms available, but other categories with 5+ staterooms available. I'm not afraid we will not get a cabin at all, but I was hoping to maybe save some money. Just want to make sure it is not definite that we would lose money if we wait. I know it is a gamble that it could go up, but didn't know if rates always go up after the PIF if GT rates are not offered? Sorry for the ramble:lmao:

If it is a popular time, the rates will keep going up. They have on our spring break cruise and it is past the PIF date for everyone.

It is hard to predict. We've been on cruises where the rate didn't change from day 1 to the embarkation day and we've booked cruises where the price went up $800 in a matter of under an hour.

If you have to stick to a certain date, you are probably best off booking as soon as your dates are secure. If you can be flexible, there's no harm in waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter