Do rates fluctuate daily on Disney.com?

Scott MC

DIS Veteran
(First post here by the way :goodvibes )

I ask this question because for the past few days, I've been checking the website, and got a great offer for the Contemporary and convinced my 3 travel companions to go in on it. I check this morning, and the offer has gone up by about $200, which I know isn't a big deal, but convincing the others to go for the first offer was a chore.
Do rates fluctuate by the day, or is the price slowly going up as we creep closer to the arrival date?

Thanks in advance for replies!

From my experience they don't fluctuate -- excpet perhaps the airfare component or rental car component.

The hotel room, dining packages, and park tickets are a fixed price unless you are applying a special discount or pin code.

They don't fluctuate unless something in the pkg component chgd or travel insurance was added

Nothing has changed and there's no airline or car rental involved. It's a package with the room, the dining plan and the park tickets. The offer is definitely higher than a few days ago. Hmmm....I will have to call and verify this.

:confused3

I promise you, everything is the same.
As I said, I'll call later on today.

I do notice that when I tried the offer the other day, for some reason, the park hopper option had already been added on, and now it's not. I wonder if that has anything do do with it.

You have to double check everything on the website. Check your travel dates first - do they overlap in two different travel seasons? Next check room category, then tickets (base, park hopper, water fun and more), then dining plan.

If you had 4 people, and are doing park hoppers, that would account for a $200 increase, because the hopper is $50 per ticket. Perhaps the hoppers were not included in the first quote. Prices of the rooms, tickets, etc. are set and will not fluctuate. I suggest that you call Disney travel to get your exact quote. They will "hold" your reservation for 7 days without a deposit. That gives you time to check with the other travel companions, plus you still have your quote as a "reservation" and it will hold that spot for you! That doesn't mean you have to stick to it, and you can still make changes before the final reservation is made!

(First post here by the way :goodvibes )

I ask this question because for the past few days, I've been checking the website, and got a great offer for the Contemporary and convinced my 3 travel companions to go in on it. I check this morning, and the offer has gone up by about $200, which I know isn't a big deal, but convincing the others to go for the first offer was a chore.
Do rates fluctuate by the day, or is the price slowly going up as we creep closer to the arrival date?

Thanks in advance for replies!

This happened to me but it was because of airfare. As it got closer to date, the price crept up.

I thought I had saved the offer but it was explained to me by a CM (who was IMing me) that the offer on-line was only good for 24 hours.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter