Do prices drop after dues statements go out?

Mississippian

DIS Veteran
I haven't been active on this forum lately, but I see prices have firmed up.

We sold our two contracts about five years ago just before the prices crashed. Hope to buy back in some day.

My recollection is that every year after the dues statements go out they are a whole lot of contracts offered for sale and the prices drop a little. Am I correct in thinking this, or is it my imagination?

It happened in the past, but last year the contrary happened. In Dec-Jan the prices started to increase.

I've never thought that prices dropped but there sometimes is an increase in contracts available.

I've never thought that prices dropped but there sometimes is an increase in contracts available.

Agreed- There have been more buyers in the market for resale and if that
slows down perhaps prices will decrease! Doubtful though as more and more
are becoming aware of resales!

With the end of summer vacation season, available resale inventory has been climbing. It's now back to May levels.

In May, prices were appreciably lower at all resorts except BWV, which went up first because of the "free theme park tickets" offer for direct sales at BWV.

If inventory continues to climb, I suspect prices will drop.

The secondary timeshare market, in general, is cyclical. Spring and early summer tend to be the periods of highest demand vs. supply, and early winter tends to be the period with the lowest demand vs. supply. These seasonal variations can be swamped by underlying macroscopic trends---the crash of '08 and the recent recovery are good examples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter