Do people really want to stay at the Poly water bungalows?

SpaceMonkey

Mouseketeer
I don't understand why Disney is building those water bungalows at the Poly? The water in that lake is nasty! There are reasons why Disney won't let you swim in it. Anyone else feel this way?:confused:

I only wish I had enough points to stay there. They are all supposed to be 2 bedroom dedicated villas, I believe.

I don't understand why Disney is building those water bungalows at the Poly? The water in that lake is nasty! There are reasons why Disney won't let you swim in it. Anyone else feel this way?:confused:

I don't think the quality of the water has anything to do with why Disney thinks people would want to stay there. No one will be swimming in it or drinking it. I think it's a pretty cool idea that I've only seen in exotic locations. I'm excited to see how Disney will execute this plan. I hate what it's done to the Poly so far, but it may be beautiful in the end, just like VGF.

I would be staying in the bungalow, not in the water. Used to have a great apartment with a fantastic view of the Hudson - didn't mean I would swim in it :eek:

I would stay in it. But I won't be able to afford it.

The thing I would worry about is the humidity. But I'm sure Disney is used to dealing with that.

Probably because you have a dedicated balcony for just your villa facing MK for fireworks. :confused3

We will stay in them one day if we can manage to book one. We are splurging on a dedicated 2 bedroom villa at the Grand Floridian in a few days - the DVC points needed to book that villa uses a big percentage of our DVC points available for the year. We would also splurge and book the Poly 2 bedroom villas if we are able to do so at the 7 month mark - we won't be buying DVC points at the Poly.

I hate what they've done to the beach and views of the Poly. Wish they went in a different less obtrusive plan for DVC there. One of the things I used to enjoy about the Poly was the amazing views of everything from GF to the Castle, Space Mtn, & CR un obstructed.

I think Tikiman said it would take a weeks worth of points for 1 night there. I doubt I'll ever stay there. I don't have that kind of disposable income! Especially since we tend to have 10-14 day stays.

I'm actually looking forward to them! We've stayed in water bungalows in Bora Bora and Fiji and they were incredible . The bungalows are a perfect concept for the Poly.

I'd love to stay at one!

The reason Disney won't let you swim in the water is concern about a certain type of organism that lives in the bottom sediment and gets stirred up if people are walking around on it. I have no doubt that Disney will make staying in one of these bungalows a magical experience.

I'd love to stay at one! The reason Disney won't let you swim in the water is concern about a certain type of organism that lives in the bottom sediment and gets stirred up if people are walking around on it. I have no doubt that Disney will make staying in one of these bungalows a magical experience.

Exactly. Naegleria fowleri (AKA the brain eating amoeba). Almost always fatal.

I wonder about critters, especially snakes, also I wonder about insects. Last summer we tried to watch the fireworks on Poly beach in chairs right along the water and the mosquitos ate us alive in 2 minutes. Once we stepped back from the water's edge we were fine. I just wonder how bad the insects will be directly over the water, especially around exterior lighting. Have you ever looked at the lights down around the boat dock? They are literally caked with bugs. I just don't see how you could keep bugs out of the villa??? I'm sure they will be beautiful, but I'm going to wait until lots of people report back with their experiences first before I make my decision.

They won't let you swim because of liability due to cotton mouths, alligators and because of shallow water bacteria that can make you sick (and honestly anywhere is a danger as we've had a couple of cases here in the Midwest in the last year).

I'd stay in a water bungalow in a heartbeat. My dad lived on a canal in Jamaica Beach, Galveston Island for 20 years. The sound of water lapping outside my window is very soothing.

Now if I had kids, probably not, but as an adult hell yeah!

I'd rather sit on a deck over the water than a balcony overlooking other hotel rooms any dang day.

I think they are going to be booked solid and people will have a hard time trying to get them. I don't think anyone is thinking about the water, you are not staying in the water, you are staying in a stand alone structure with a great view of MK. IMHO they are somewhat like the treehouses. We have stayed there and they are wonderful. Very quiet and we loved having our own little house! And, yes I'm sure my family will be staying there in the future!!

Enjoy The Magic!!

I do! It's not tropical aquamarine color, but I have no intention of swimming in it and it looks find on the surface. I'd LOVE to stay in one. :goodvibes

At $800-$1200/night? (I'm thinking prices would be similar to Treehouses) I'd be amazed if they are booked solid. And there prob won't be discounts. But that's me.

At $800-$1200/night? (I'm thinking prices would be similar to Treehouses) I'd be amazed if they are booked solid. And there prob won't be discounts. But that's me.
Most 2 BR villas all cost that per night and they certainly book up. Especially the TPV at BLT. I could never afford rack rates, but I'd use my points for sure. Even for just a few nights. We've stayed in 2BR villas quite a few times when we had the points to do it. I doubt we'll be able to buy in at the Poly when they go available so the 7 month window would be my option, along w/ everyone else.

I would certainly never stay in one. I'd be too terrified of falling in or inclement weather causing an issue with the water. Not appealing to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter