Do people lie?

Actually, nothing. They usually ask me/us if we have a dining reservation and we just say yes.

Yup that was my experience last week.

"Do you have a reservation?"

"No, I'm here for KTTK"

"Ok, go on in"

There were CM's all over main street that morning, so I would imagine that if you were wandering aimlessly or lingering rather than heading to CP, someone would ask you why you weren't where you were supposed to be.
I'm sure that if people really started doing this to cheat in some way Disney would catch on and be more careful checking names.

As I said before, my name was checked for an early tour at Epcot.

It was also checked last year for Breakfast at AK.

What did you tell the CM's at the gate, and at what time did you enter the park?

I told them "Thank You" when they told all of us in the breakfast reservations line to have a magical day and to enjoy our breakfast. They let us all in together at 7:50 or 7:55,and they stopped no one. I waited to be asked at the turnstile - nothing. I waited to be asked something while we were in line - nothing. I thought that maybe they would ask as we were let into the park - nothing.

I am going to CP again on the 24th before park opening and to Donald's on the 22nd prior to park opening. I'll be interested to see if I am asked anything this time.

Well you'd be ahead of the crowd and the first in line at rope drop.

CP doesnt require a credit card guarantee. You could make an 8:45 ressie, bypass all the people waiting at the gate, and be first in line at rope drop.

I wouldn't DO this. But it could be done by someone else.

IMHO that's a lot of trouble to go through just to gain at best a minimal advantage. Those roped areas are wide and there's no guarantee that being in front means you'll be first on, or one of the first 50 on.

We've had our name checked at MK when we had breakfast ADR's at CRT and our name was also checked at Epcot for the Segway tour.

DH thinks that we were asked and checked off a list.... but I don't think so. I think that we were just let in.

This time I don't think any of our ADR are before park opening... we are not early morning people as we found out last trip!

I was thinking people would like to get in and take pictures with not many people on Main Street... or just wander around Maine street or something. Not for me.....just curious if people do that.

We have always been checked off of a list for our early morning ADRs. I can't see what advantage there would be in making an ADR and not showing up for it, to just stand around in a closed park.

We went to CP @ MK twice on our Jan. trip and we were not asked our name or for a confirm#. The CM near the turnstiles asked a general "Everyone is here for breakfast"? Everyone said yes. We were let in around 7:50am.

We did have 8:05 am reservations so I didn't pay attention to what everyone else did but most people seemed to be heading to CP or CRT.

We were at MK two different mornings for ressies before park opening. In neither case were we asked for confirmation numbers, or even our names! They just let us in. The first day, I was all ready for them to ask our info for CRT and nothing. The second time, we just wandered in. :confused3

That "wake tink" thing has changed a bit following the new Toontown Pixie Hollow Meet and Greet and the new smaller Tinker Bell shop.

What has changed? It was under construction last September when we were there.

We had 9:00AM ressies at Tusker House and I was afraid they would not let us in b/c they were when the park would be opening, but you are told to arrive a little earlier. We went to the gate and I don't remember them asking our names....? I could be wrong and the funny thing was no one was behind us, in front of us...it was just us and some tropical birds, it was such a nice experience. The park was so quiet and peaceful, I got some really nice pics too :)

I have ADRS for 9:05 at Crystal Palace this year so I *hope* they will let us in before the park opens. I so badly want to take that crowdless stroll down main street USA!

What has changed? It was under construction last September when we were there.

'Tink" has changed (there is no chest of drawers where she sleeps.)

Nobody has to "be first" to "wake up" the little gal anymore.

Kids may "summon" Tink to appear (if the CM's at the store will help) at any time of the day.
When we were there in January, there was no activity in the shop to that effect.
Nobody seemed interested at the several times we stopped by the shop during our 10-day trip.

Now that Tink and her friends are available for Meet & Greets, seeing a
small representation of the fairy in the little Tink shop has lost much if its (formerly-unique) appeal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter