• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do People Keep Their Towel Animals?

maybe I missed one of the replys but, how do you get a towel animal? We went a few years ago and didn't have any in our rooms but saw them in ther rooms windows. We will be heading back in 2 months and that wouod be cool for our sons..they would love towel animals!

They are randomly left in the rooms by mousekeeping, a little extra disney magic. The sad part is when people actually expect them, I read on another forum where the person was complaining about her trip and one of the parts was she did not get any towel animals and yelled at their mousekeeper:sad2:

I wonder if I could take a towel instead. I mean, essentially it's the same thing no? I could always use extra towels at home.

I wonder if I could take a towel instead. I mean, essentially it's the same thing no? I could always use extra towels at home.

Well if the towels is made into an animal and left for you then sure. :) I was given a life size gator made of towels on the floor in our WL room once. LOL! I couldn't fit it in my suitcase. ;)

Why would I ask if we could keep the towel animals? I wouldn't ask if I could take home the bath towels or wash cloths. It just never crossed our minds to even think about it.

They are randomly left in the rooms by mousekeeping, a little extra disney magic. The sad part is when people actually expect them, I read on another forum where the person was complaining about her trip and one of the parts was she did not get any towel animals and yelled at their mousekeeper:sad2:
THAT is NOT good. Towel animals are a TREAT!

Really? You need Disney towels at home? Towel animals are a whole different 'species'! LOL Take a towel, if you must, but Towel Animals are the topic here! :thumbsup2

Why would I ask if we could keep the towel animals? I wouldn't ask if I could take home the bath towels or wash cloths. It just never crossed our minds to even think about it.
Never got one yet? That explains your answer. ;)

It never dawned on us to take them...we took pictures instead. There didn't really seem to be a point. I mean, where in the world would you keep them? :confused3 It's not like you can move them around like stuffed animals. We just looked at it as a fleeting moment of Disney Magic. :wizard:

They are gifts from Mousekeeping and are meant as gifts! They intend for you to keep them, I am looking at my collection right now with no guilt...:rolleyes1

Do you get them at every resort? We stayed at AKL last year & I never got one of them :-(

We are staying at CBR this year, do they make towel animals at all of the resorts? Or just deluxe ones?

I'm glad I read all of your reponses because my son will be 2 1/2 this year & I'm sure he will be attached to one of the towel animals...lol...so I was wondering what I would do if he wanted to keep it. I will call Mousekeeping if I feel guilty about taking it while on the trip!

We have been fortunate to get in our requested longhouse multiple trips and had the most wonderful housekeeper for many years. One year, she left us so many towel animals that the extra bed was covered when we left. I took a number of pictures, and it brings such a smile to my face when I see them. This housekeeper was incredible and leaving us towel animals had nothing to do with it. She always had a smile on her face and a friendly greeting every morning. Your day couldn't help getting off to a good start when you saw Clara on your way out to the parks each morning. My stays haven't been the same since, they switched her work area. She truly made a difference.

Sometimes I've taken them and sometimes I haven't. They are cute and I don't think they care if you really like them but I found, once home, I really didn't know what to do with them. So I think it's up to whether you have a purpose for them but I don't think they care either way.

It never dawned on us to take them...we took pictures instead. There didn't really seem to be a point. I mean, where in the world would you keep them? :confused3 It's not like you can move them around like stuffed animals. We just looked at it as a fleeting moment of Disney Magic. :wizard:

Actually, you can move the real towel animals around like stuffed animals.

Uhh, no. Not the same thing.

You don't have kids, right? Or else you totally grew up, unlike some of us. ;)

It seems to me that some people are mistaking the rolled up Mickey Heads (and similar items left more laid-out on the bed in a design), for the actual towel animals that are bound with rubber bands or tightly folded and tucked into shapes. I certainly wouldn't even think about taking something that was just twisted into position... But as I vacuumed, yes vacuumed with the crevice tool attachment, our towel bear and swan today, I realized that there lies some of the difference of opinion. (Mind you, they have lost two sticky eyes this way...) If you are taking towels that you'd never be able to move while retaining the "animal", then yeah, you are stealing towels. Thinking you can shape it into a Mickey Head on the bed at home won't fly. But as noted, we aren't talking simple towels here, they are animals/creations and yes, even gifts if so many of us who were told my numerous WDW sources first-hand can be believed.

Again, to demonstrate towel animals...

P1090834.jpg

These guys survived the better part of a week at WDW, a 1400 mile ride home in a Disney shopping bag in the bag of a loaded Yukon and now nearly a whole year of being loved. And vacuumed occasionally.

Made of towels? Yes. Just towels? No.

P1090835-1.jpg

Those towel animals are cute :goodvibes I don't think I'd take one (if we're lucky enough to get one!) as I'd much rather have the room for something else in my suitcase :lmao: Cute to look at though!

Awww! I didn't know you could take them! I just got back last Monday and I got two during the trip. I wish I had taken them home with me :sad2:

Me toooo :) I'd feel bad taking them, anyways!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter