Do People Keep Their Towel Animals?

this will be our first disney resort trip, so we dont own any from disney. but a couple years ago we brought home a small towel bird from our hotel in mexico as a souvenier from our wedding!

as far as if we will take any home next week, i think we would want to, but we are trying to keep our new house mess/clutter free and dont really want to take any home. but maybe the kids can each pick one (if we get any!). kids are 11 and 14 so it wont be a huge disappointment if they cant :)

Um I was told to keep it...they said it was a gift. Granted it was in the shape of a Birthday Cake :) I didn't bring it home with me because I didn't know how to get it on the plane without smushing it.

Also when I was told to keep it I also found out that there is a storage room that has a whole bunch of these things pre-made with eyes and noses and stuff like that glued onto them. I don't think they take away from the hotels actual towel supply.

We were told the same ......that's why they make them.........we had 2 kids w/ us and they left them both one.:goodvibes

Who would want to keep a towel animal? I really hope people don't put them in a curio cabinet as collectible items. :eek:

Mousekeeping told us keep 'em. . .said many of them were made with 'older' towels and washclothes. We had gotten three during our last stay. . .we left two behind. . .but took our favorite (a rabbit) home. In fact, as I glance over at the bookshelf in my 'office', he is staring right at me!

Hope to see some "towel art" REAL soon. . .4 days!:woohoo:

I wish I had known you were allowed to take them, we had a dog in our room but left it.

Who would want to keep a towel animal? I really hope people don't put them in a curio cabinet as collectible items. :eek:

My daughter has her little bunny on her shelf in her room. To her, it's a collectable. :)

I'll join the TTT club. When I stayed at POFQ, my mousekeeper, Juana, asked me where the kids were that were in the picture I had on my table. I told her they weren't there--I was there by myself. She had already left 2 towel animals. Then she left 2 more. On the last day, as I was packing, she reminded me the towel animals were for the "kids in the picture."

On our last trip, we got a few animals and the kids kept the ones they liked.

They also kept the ones that they were given at the towel animal making demonstration at the BC. Why else would they make them and give them to the kids if it wasn't for them to keep them?

In Oct 2009 was my first time getting a 'personnalized' towel animal in our room at the POP. I collect Disney stuffed animal and I usually buy a few and place them all around the hotel room. I bought Hamm, the pig from Toy Story. Well, the mousekeeper did a replica of Hamm (same size, shape, everything) but a female version with a bow and little hearts and little eyes with lashes. Too cute for words. I called and asked if I could keep it and they said yes. Hamm now has his 'girlfriend' at home and they seem happy together!:lmao:

We stayed at POP in May 2008 and received animals every day! They were great. But I have to say it never occured to me to take them. However, after hearing what people said above, I will let my kids each take one when we go this May. Thanks for asking such a great question!!

I think the towel animals are weird looking. They do sell books on how to make them, just so people know. Might be a great hobby to take up for those who like the towels.

I'll join the TTT club. When I stayed at POFQ, my mousekeeper, Juana, asked me where the kids were that were in the picture I had on my table. I told her they weren't there--I was there by myself. She had already left 2 towel animals. Then she left 2 more. On the last day, as I was packing, she reminded me the towel animals were for the "kids in the picture."

In Oct 2009 was my first time getting a 'personnalized' towel animal in our room at the POP. I collect Disney stuffed animal and I usually buy a few and place them all around the hotel room. I bought Hamm, the pig from Toy Story. Well, the mousekeeper did a replica of Hamm (same size, shape, everything) but a female version with a bow and little hearts and little eyes with lashes. Too cute for words. I called and asked if I could keep it and they said yes. Hamm now has his 'girlfriend' at home and they seem happy together!:lmao:
AWWWW!!!! Two cute stories!!! :goodvibes

I think the towel animals are weird looking. They do sell books on how to make them, just so people know. Might be a great hobby to take up for those who like the towels.
Or, for someone who wants a Mousekeeping job at Disney! :laughing:

We didn't even see one when we spent a week there in 2008. I'm hoping to see some when we go this year.

We took pics. Left them behind as they are the property of Disney.

Um, there WERE the property of Disney...until they were gifted to the person/family in the resort. Did you ask if they were to keep? Were you told no? Read the thread. Most people are told to keep them...they are a gift.

We took a penguin last year. I felt so guilty. Wish I knew the animals were gifts. We had plenty of them. (octopus, penguin, mickey head, elephant)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter