• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do people dress up for the Golden Mickeys?

Just wondering.....

Do you mean formally...like a red carpet appearance? I would say not any more than what they would normally be wearing to dinner that night. We always get dressed for the evening before the show and then attend show first, hit a lounge and then go to dinner. I don't like getting dressed in between the show and dinner but that is a personal preference. I have seen people in their casual clothes at the show and dressed for dinner at the show.

I forget what the theme night is when the Golden Mickey's is shown (formal, semi-formal) but I think more has to do with that then specifically dressing up for the show itself. Does that make any sense???

MJ

All of the cruises we have been on, it has been on dress up night but we have a cruise coming up that is not on dress up night so that seems kind of strange to me with the whole red carpet thing.

I've never heard of anyone dressing up specifically for any of the theater shows. We've always worn what we were wearing to dinner. If I could make a suggestion it would be to go as comfortable as you want to be.

We met a wonderful couple and she had her "golden mickey's" night jacket that she wore on that night. It was shiny gold and looked lovely on her.

On our upcoming Alaska cruise, I think The Golden Mickeys are on formal night, so there will definitely be people dressed up for it.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've seen people actually attend the shows in their pajamas and slippers. :confused3

For me it has always been formal night and I had a couple of golden gown made for this over the years. I just got a new one for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise.

This is the latest version:

Corinna

On our upcoming Alaska cruise, I think The Golden Mickeys are on formal night, so there will definitely be people dressed up for it.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've seen people actually attend the shows in their pajamas and slippers. :confused3

Find it hard to believe that anyone would turn up dressed for bed! Our first Disney cruise and now wondering what it will be like:confused3

I think GMs was the most under promoted show of the 3 day Dream I was on. It shouldn't have ever been night 1. Part of our group missed it because they were afraid it would interfere with getting ready for late dinner (it didn't, but we didn't know that) and it was the best of the 3. It was embarkation day which meant most of that day is pretty casual as people get unpacked and try to get organized. We almost skipped the show altogether, I had no idea what it was or was about. Then I met up with my husband who said "You know this show has princesses, right? You better go get ready for it, you are about to miss it." And boy was he right! It ended up absolutely being our favorite favorite show of the 3. Believe, on the other hand, was promoted and built up all week and it was the last night finale if you will. It was ok. It wasn't nearly as good as GMs though...

So I imagine that those who know ahead of time what it's all about might dress up and that would be cute. We didn't even know about the red carpet thing that had been going on. New cruisers like us will be pretty clueless. I would say I saw 0 dressed up to formal standards, although I think its a great idea.

Why oh Why is this the first night show on the Dream? Stick VILLAINS here, swap out GMs for 2nd night when more people at apt to stay up late and do some fun shows and things and then end on Believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter