Do people dress up for "Prince & Princess" night?

Jennifer_W

Mouseketeer
Is this a costume night as well? Like Pirate night? I can't find any info, other than they offer some kind of prince package in BBB that day for boys.

Is this a costume night as well? Like Pirate night? I can't find any info, other than they offer some kind of prince package in BBB that day for boys.

Little princesses dress up any day/night they want, but I really don't recall seeing many little princes dressed up at all. If a little boy wants to show his princely wardrobe, no doubt the wait staff will make a big fuss over him.

That is the name for Semi-Formal night.

So people do dress up.

My mom made my son (6) a prince costume to match my niece's (3) Snow White costume for that night. We were already dressed as it was semi-formal night but boy would I have loved to have the chutzpah to wear the gown from my sister-in-law's bridal party - they had a medieval theme and it would have been perfect for a (generic) princess!

Actually, semi-formal night is the Captain's Gala, at least on the week-long cruises.

jdb in AZ said:
Actually, semi-formal night is the Captain's Gala, at least on the week-long cruises.

I thought Captain's Gala is when you have the Captain's reception.
That is on day 2 Formal night.

Is this something new? I've never seen it listed on the navigator on the Wonder. Is this night listed on a night for the new ships?

I saw kids dressed up in various ways (costume, etc) al cruise. Kind of like at home. Kids just like to wear costumes for random reasons.

We are sailing on the Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean Feb. 16, 2013. I am the OP.

On the schedule, it just says "Cruise Day 4, Costa Maya, Theme: Prince/Princess, Dinner Attire: Cruise Casual, Show: "Wishes"". And then for onboard activities, there is the option for a "Royal Knight"package in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for boys for ~$14.95. i think they "style" your son's hair (for my son, who has short hair, it will be equal to combing I would assume:rotfl2:) & give the boys a sword & or shield. There are more expensive options that involve getting a costume as well, and of course for girls there are a TON of options in various price points.

We have sailed on 4 other DCL cruises, but our first time on the Fantasy, so I have not experienced this whole "Prince/Princess Night" thing before. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks for the insight! :)

The knight package is always an option at BBB for boys. It includes lots of gel to style their hair, hair "paint" with a 2" Mickey head painted onto the back of their head and many multicolored Mickey head confetti pieces "glued" onto their hair. The shield and sword were a much nicer quality than I expected for the price.

The knight package is always an option at BBB for boys. It includes lots of gel to style their hair, hair "paint" with a 2" Mickey head painted onto the back of their head and many multicolored Mickey head confetti pieces "glued" onto their hair. The shield and sword were a much nicer quality than I expected for the price.

Hmmm, he is NOT going to go for goopy stuff in his hair, so we will stick with the sword & shield, I guess. And bring his knight costume from home. He is 5, so he loves to dress up, but not anything done to his hair. Do they get a certificate or something, too?

I NEED to STOP OVERPLANNING!!!:faint: Is there a 12 step program for DIS-ers?

Hmmm, he is NOT going to go for goopy stuff in his hair, so we will stick with the sword & shield, I guess. And bring his knight costume from home. He is 5, so he loves to dress up, but not anything done to his hair. Do they get a certificate or something, too?

I NEED to STOP OVERPLANNING!!!:faint: Is there a 12 step program for DIS-ers?

Yes, DS got a certificate inducting him into the Fairy Godmother's knights. Those FGMIT just may be able to get him to go with the entire deal. Even at his age, they really pampered DS, going on and on about how he must be a prince from a faroff kingdom and how handsome he was. The smile on his face was priceless. ;)

Prince & Princess is the dinner menu that will be served in all the MDR's. The dress code for that theme dinner is cruise casual, however, I did see some little girls dress up in their princess gowns. I did not see any adults dressed up whatsoever.

Semi-formal night is the Captains Gala menu.

Prince & Princess is the dinner menu that will be served in all the MDR's. The dress code for that theme dinner is cruise casual, however, I did see some little girls dress up in their princess gowns. I did not see any adults dressed up whatsoever.

Semi-formal night is the Captains Gala menu.

The Prince and Princess menu is served on formal nights on longer cruises.

princesspiglet said:
Really? on both of our 7 night cruises, EC on Fantasy and WC on Magic, the formal night menu was rotational and P&P was cruise casual.

Weird how they change it around!

That is how it was on our last 2 Fantasy cruises - P&P was cruise casual.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter