Do people dress up for "Prince & Princess" night?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Jennifer_W, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Jennifer_W

Jennifer_W Mouseketeer

Is this a costume night as well? Like Pirate night? I can't find any info, other than they offer some kind of prince package in BBB that day for boys.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Little princesses dress up any day/night they want, but I really don't recall seeing many little princes dressed up at all. If a little boy wants to show his princely wardrobe, no doubt the wait staff will make a big fuss over him.

4. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

That is the name for Semi-Formal night.

So people do dress up.

5. jodical

jodical Mouseketeer

My mom made my son (6) a prince costume to match my niece's (3) Snow White costume for that night. We were already dressed as it was semi-formal night but boy would I have loved to have the chutzpah to wear the gown from my sister-in-law's bridal party - they had a medieval theme and it would have been perfect for a (generic) princess!

6. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Actually, semi-formal night is the Captain's Gala, at least on the week-long cruises.

7. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

I thought Captain's Gala is when you have the Captain's reception.
    That is on day 2 Formal night.

8. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Is this something new? I've never seen it listed on the navigator on the Wonder. Is this night listed on a night for the new ships?

I saw kids dressed up in various ways (costume, etc) al cruise. Kind of like at home. Kids just like to wear costumes for random reasons.

9. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

It is simply the name of the menu on one night.

10. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Oh! I don't remember the names of any of my menus.

11. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I always seem a bunch of kids dressed up. Adults, not so much.

12. Jennifer_W

Jennifer_W Mouseketeer

We are sailing on the Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean Feb. 16, 2013. I am the OP.

On the schedule, it just says "Cruise Day 4, Costa Maya, Theme: Prince/Princess, Dinner Attire: Cruise Casual, Show: "Wishes"". And then for onboard activities, there is the option for a "Royal Knight"package in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for boys for ~$14.95. i think they "style" your son's hair (for my son, who has short hair, it will be equal to combing I would assume:rotfl2:) & give the boys a sword & or shield. There are more expensive options that involve getting a costume as well, and of course for girls there are a TON of options in various price points.

We have sailed on 4 other DCL cruises, but our first time on the Fantasy, so I have not experienced this whole "Prince/Princess Night" thing before. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks for the insight! :)

13. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

It's not akin to pirate night-but you could start a trend!:goodvibes

14. lbgraves

The knight package is always an option at BBB for boys. It includes lots of gel to style their hair, hair "paint" with a 2" Mickey head painted onto the back of their head and many multicolored Mickey head confetti pieces "glued" onto their hair. The shield and sword were a much nicer quality than I expected for the price.

15. Jennifer_W

Jennifer_W Mouseketeer

Hmmm, he is NOT going to go for goopy stuff in his hair, so we will stick with the sword & shield, I guess. And bring his knight costume from home. He is 5, so he loves to dress up, but not anything done to his hair. Do they get a certificate or something, too?

I NEED to STOP OVERPLANNING!!!:faint: Is there a 12 step program for DIS-ers?

16. MaryLou1962

MaryLou1962 LoveMyBoys

Every woman at my table on our recent EBPC wore a tiara that night!

17. lbgraves

Yes, DS got a certificate inducting him into the Fairy Godmother's knights. Those FGMIT just may be able to get him to go with the entire deal. Even at his age, they really pampered DS, going on and on about how he must be a prince from a faroff kingdom and how handsome he was. The smile on his face was priceless. ;)

18. princesspiglet

princesspiglet DIS Veteran

Prince & Princess is the dinner menu that will be served in all the MDR's. The dress code for that theme dinner is cruise casual, however, I did see some little girls dress up in their princess gowns. I did not see any adults dressed up whatsoever.

Semi-formal night is the Captains Gala menu.

19. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

The Prince and Princess menu is served on formal nights on longer cruises.

20. princesspiglet

princesspiglet DIS Veteran

Really? on both of our 7 night cruises, EC on Fantasy and WC on Magic, the formal night menu was rotational and P&P was cruise casual.

Weird how they change it around!

21. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

That is how it was on our last 2 Fantasy cruises - P&P was cruise casual.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards