Do offisite hotels do anything for birthdays?

starshine514

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if I should mention to Hojo that my daughter's fifth birthday will be during our stay. I know I would if we were staying onsite, but...

It will probably make no difference. Not all hotels offer perks for special occasions.

Park Vue Inn does, you will get a coupon for little ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery. Cold Stone is on the front of the property facing Harbor. The Parks Vue Inn certainly sets itself apart by offering perks.

I don't know if Candy Cane Inn still does, but when I was there with my sister in 05, they left some freshly baked cookies for her on her birthday, things might have changed since.

Funny you should ask this question, OP, I was going to ask it about HOJO's, since we'll be staying there in Nov for MY birthday, lol, great minds think alike!

Jules

It won't hurt, I don't think they do anything special but they might say "happy birthday" when you check in. :)

It can't hurt to mention it. I almost always stay at HoJo and usually send an email requesting a room away from the freeway. One May I mentioned that we were regular visitors and it would be my daughter's birthday during our stay.

When I arrived, we were upgraded to a Premium view room. Might have happened anyway - but maybe it was the mention of a special event. We sure enjoyed the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter