Do MNSSHP and leave a night early, or skip the party and stay an extra day?

Would you go home early just to do MNSSHP?

• Drop a night (of free dining!) at CSR to do MNSSHP!

• Stay the extra night, chow down and skip MNSSHP!

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnastasiaTremaine

"I will bring it back for science!!"
I have found that the vast majority of you are MNSSHP fans. It does sound totally fun and I think my kids (and I, and DH) would totally dig it. The issue is completely money at this point. I set myself a budget for this trip and I hate going over budget.

We're doing free dining and staying at CSR. Right now we're booked for 5 nights, Sept. 20-25th, which I am beyond thrilled about. This is our first real solo family vacation and I am so looking forward to an extended time out with the fam, as well as a 'break' from cooking & cleaning. :rolleyes1 But, since we live in Miami, we're buying APs and I already have two more trips in the works for Nov & December. So this isn't a do-or-die trip for us; we'll be back soon (swoon! :cloud9:) and can catch up on the park visitations. Anyway, in order to do MNSSHP, I would want to cancel a night at CSR. One night there about equals the cost of tix ($150 through AAA), so then it all evens, which I love (insert dorkface).

I think I'm really contending with buying an AP, but then having to pay to get into a park for a few hours! I know that DH will take issue with this, too and part of the difficulty lies in convincing him that it will be worth sacrifcing a night of vacation to turn around and use that cash to pay $150 to go to a party at the parks we just bought unlimited* access to!

Maybe this is a no-brainer at this point...I'm just having a hard time. Sell me, folks. :3dglasses

*Not really, I know. Also, please don't take any of this as Disney-bashing. I'm a former CM and eternal devotee.

I think I would stay the 5 nights. I like a longer trip. If your trip was 7 or 8 nights originally I might take the party over the extra day. You would also lose free dining for that night, what is that worth to you?
Donna

Thanks, Donna!
I am siding with you right now - extended visit vs. party. Also (and this is lame, I know), I have reservations at Les Chefs on the night we would lose and I have wanted to eat there since I was a very broke CM nearly 10 years ago! Besides, there's always next year, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter