Do Men Still Wear white tennis shoes?

brunette8706

DIS Veteran
Hey All!

I'm trying to get my husband some more "hip" shoes to walk around at Disney. My girlfriend (and I think she is right) states that the white athletic shoes/tennis are not in style....:rolleyes1

What do you all think?:confused3

thanks everyone!

For my husband, the more white the better. LOL! Yes, actually I see most men/dads of our age (we are 44) wearing white sneakers, with very little additional color - maybe a blue stripe.

They can actually be tougher to find sometimes. My DH wears either Asics or New Balance mostly.

Personally, I hate black sneakers and I really dislike all the new blingy sneakers. But of course, I was a Tretorns girl back in the day.

Well, I guess it depends what kind they are....
but my DH has a few pairs, and I don't think they're out of style or anything...

One of the pairs is kind of like this...
PAAAIABPALOCOEHD.jpg

and ones kind of like this:

nike-shox-o-nine-mens-shoes-white-silver.jpg

Idk...are they out of style??

Hey All!

I'm trying to get my husband some more "hip" shoes to walk around at Disney. My girlfriend (and I think she is right) states that the white athletic shoes/tennis are not in style....:rolleyes1

What do you all think?:confused3

thanks everyone!

I'd love to see what you consider in style, if you think white tennis shoes are not. That sounds like I am being smart, but I'm not.

Those above are EXACTLY the styles my DH40 wears & has worn for years. Just a basic white sneaker, usually Nike, Adidas, etc. Sometimes a blue swoosh or stripe or something, but nothing fancy or trendy or blingy!

OMG TRETORNS!!! I had about 4 or 5 pair, each with different colors on the side thingy (it wasn't a swoosh but a half loop sort of). My favorite were pink & blue plaid. Oh how I loved them!

I think its really to each thier own. I see men in white tennis shoes and I don't think they are neccessarily unfashionable (except for my grandpa who is like 80 and wears a mens version of keds from the 90's). Alot of 'hip' shoe manufacturers still make them in white, K Swiss, adidas, and puma come to mind right off hand. My DH wears running or walking shoes, nike, addidas or new balance. They usually have some type of color on them and white or color and black or gray and color. He prefers the gray b/c the show the least amount of dirt.

FWIW at Disney for DH or I or my kids I'm much more worried about comfort than fashion. Being blister and pain free is much much higher on my list for all of us than looks.

Hey all!

Thanks for your comments.

Cool shoes Terbethk!

She was talking about the distress athletic shoe in brown (either like a medium brown suede or leather but distressed looking.

My 19 year old son wears mostly black (basketball) and some gray suede (skater type)...My 45 year old husband, well I shop for him. And I don't usually buy white sneakers unless there is a great detail of color on them. He doesn't like to shop, so I get his stuff. Just because sneakers aren't white, does not mean they have to be black either. My hubby has gray and orange, blue and gray, black and silver, light brown hiking type sneakers, etc. I'd have to agree with your girlfriend for the most part.

I wear Nike Air Jordans. I've been buying them for years. They sure sell a lot of them.

Well, I guess it depends what kind they are....
but my DH has a few pairs, and I don't think they're out of style or anything...

One of the pairs is kind of like this...
PAAAIABPALOCOEHD.jpg

Idk...are they out of style??

:rolleyes1 Ha, I have that exact pair and yes, they are completely out of style. I have graduated to Keen sandals and boots.

MY DH just bought those a few weeks ago! They are really cute on him, but he hasn't worn them with shorts. He wears his with jeans, khakis, or cargo pants. They are kind of like the "crossover vehicle" of sneakers- part tennis shoe and part casual wear shoe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter