• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do Kids generally like the Great Movie Ride?

Both of my kids when around the age of 5 were scared of the live action sequence. The movies featured are too old for them to even know what they are.

My kids (15 and 10 at the time) didn't like it. Didn't help that they squished 4 additional people in with our family of 4. We were too squished to focus on anything.

They thought it was "boring".

I enjoy it, though!

We love The Great Movie Ride, but the kids are teens and sadly, didn't get to experience Disney till they were in or close to double digits. :sad1: Now, it's a no-miss for us every time. :thumbsup2 And they've been introduced to many of the older movies on the ride, so each time it's a little better for them. :)

My kids (9 and 6) only like the movie scenes which they have seen. I think my husband and I went on it more for ourselves; my kids could easily skip it!

I apologized to my kids for taking them on that ride. It was long and boring. Voyage of the little mermaid is much better, IMO

My kids now 8 and 10 LOVE TGMR. Have since they were toddlers. I told the scardy cat of the two about the hijacking before we rode it so he wouldnt be scared and when they were really little I kept them from seeing the alien by distracting them or covering their eyes. :) Funny to see this tonight because my DD10 and I were just discussing our favorite "just cant miss" rides and she listed this as one of hers right behind Aerosmith and TOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter